Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinesidthefox
Stranger

First Lucid Dream
    #8939418 - 09/16/08 04:47 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I hope this is the right forum, as it could be argued I was on DMT (since I was dreaming).

Anyways, being new to the forum with no introductions thread, Ill introduce myself by sharing the (semi)lucid dream I had last night.

Ive been trying to lucid dream for the past couple days, just started reading Stephen LaBerges excellent book and Im actually still in the phase of recording my dreams to get dreamsigns. However, I managed to become semi-lucid in my dream, here it is from the point I can remember:

" I was outside, there was a cool wind and my back was pressed against the stone wall, it was a circular house made of stone, reminding me of a castle tower. I was filled with anxiety as I was running from my mom (lol-I know, this was cause she was in a rage as I told her my interestes in LSD and she had just found out my dad did LSD. (This is in my dream remember - I have no clue if my dad has)).
Anyways, in front of me was a surreal landscape a bright orange sun in the background and rolling green hills to the foreground of strawberrys growing in a circle around the house, what was odd is the stems grew straight into little metal cages that were just big enough to be the same size as a store-bought plastic container... The next second I found myself at my school, inside a dark hallway as it was night, it was about time for class and I peeped in the classroom and only about three other people were there so I didnt go in. Instead I decided to go to the bathroom. I walked in and there was a guy standing by the door and a guy washing his hands. I went to the urinal and started peeing, I said out loud "la la la peein in the shower" and started peeing through a hole in the wall that went into the shower room directly in front of the urinal. All of a sudden I looked down and noticed something was strange, there was a very odd sensation accompanying this: my left nut was sticking straight out where my shaft usually would be and my shaft was to the right, everything rotated. I tried to put everything back in place and my penis and balls came right off. "HOLY SHIT!!!" I screamed and fell down on the ground holding my detached penis. "Im DREAMMINNGG!!" (I looked down and a second penis grew back replacing the first)

Well, thats how I became lucid, the dream goes on, however, even though I was lucid I couldnt control my dream it consists of me going to class trying to figure things out, I tried to make a rope ladder come out of the ceiling but it didnt I couldnt do anything but live in this reality with a detachable penis. It seems my brain must keep things "logical" or it forces me to wake up.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebarnkis
Stranger
Re: First Lucid Dream [Re: sidthefox]
    #8939529 - 09/16/08 05:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thats fucking scary.

Invisiblebryguy27007
Cosmonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: First Lucid Dream [Re: barnkis]
    #8939615 - 09/16/08 05:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Congrats on getting a lucid dream.
Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming?
Not a bad book, LaBerge has done quite a bit.

Offlinedurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Re: First Lucid Dream [Re: bryguy27007]
    #8939646 - 09/16/08 05:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I have yet to find a way to go to sleep when thinking about  anything.

The secret to autosuggestion may be giving it a chance to sink in.

Offlinesidthefox
Stranger

Re: First Lucid Dream [Re: barnkis]
    #8939661 - 09/16/08 05:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

barnkis said:
Thats fucking scary.

You're tellin' me? lol

Strangely, I got the idea into my subconsious via a thread I read where someone ON shrooms had their penis come of, just shows what good can clutter your subconscious by reading.

I'll see if I can find it...bizarre I know.

Quote:

bryguy27007 said:
Congrats on getting a lucid dream.
Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming?
Not a bad book, LaBerge has done quite a bit.

Oh, it's great! Ty, btw. I do suggest anyone interested in lucid dreaming picking it up from the library, better to go to the source of the info instead of the offshoots and copycats imo.

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
I have yet to find a way to go to sleep when thinking about  anything.

The secret to autosuggestion may be giving it a chance to sink in.

Incidentally, I think I got "lucid" via autosuggestion. A couple days ago I imagined waking up in my dreams and was really happy about it and carried the idea in my head until last night. More than a coincidence I'd say...

Edited by sidthefox (09/16/08 05:45 PM)

InvisibleanarKhan
fire-dancing guerilla
Male

Loc: Oregon
    #8939891 - 09/16/08 06:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Man I used to always have clairvoyant and controllable lucid dreams when I was a kid, haven't had one since I was like 7 though.

--------------------
NOT ALL THOSE WHO WANDER ARE LOST

Offlinedurian_2008
 User Gallery

Re: First Lucid Dream [Re: anarKhan]
    #8940065 - 09/16/08 07:18 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I study pranic healing, and they teach that nervous/will/thought energy isn't absorbed smoothly by the body when it's too forceful.

A thought that you dwell upon is similar to a comic book blurb that increases with intensisty the more you concentrate on it throughout the day.

I think my problem is that I kept on working and working and working on it.

Effortful thought will keep you up at night. I think the endorphins kick in, to keep you up, the more nights you stay awake, which is not not mention a tangible, electric presense, wherever you do this kind of work for way to long. Unwitting people will get hyperstimulated, and animals might start fighting or engaging in other nervous behaviour. You'll get sick if you keep it up for too long.

Instead, you have to forget about it for awhile. Clear your head. Let go of yourself until you drift into a dissociative state.

During the portion of your sleep which is called reintegration, I think all that energy will be assimilated and experienced as a dream.

In my experience, as the energy runs down, you have to think on your feet to keep the dream going, if that makes sense. Stuff starts to get dim, slow, rigid, and uncontrollable. That's when you must narrate or go back to sleep.

Offlinesidthefox
Stranger

Re: First Lucid Dream [Re: durian_2008]
    #8940099 - 09/16/08 07:29 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
I study pranic healing, and they teach that nervous/will/thought energy isn't absorbed smoothly by the body when it's too forceful.

Unwitting people will get hyperstimulated, and animals might start fighting or engaging in other nervous behaviour. You'll get sick if you keep it up for too long.

Man, that totally makes since, it's like throwing all your weight in one direction expecting to stay on your feet...

If you've ever read Think And Grow Rich, the way they describe using autosuggestion is doing the imagination exercises when you awake and when you go to bed, perhaps that is a good method...

Quote:

durian_2008 said:

In my experience, as the energy runs down, you have to think on your feet to keep the dream going, if that makes sense. Stuff starts to get dim, slow, rigid, and uncontrollable. That's when you must narrate or go back to sleep.

Yeah! I do think differently in my dreams, in this experience it was difficult finding my voice.

Thanks!

Edited by sidthefox (09/16/08 07:34 PM)

Offlinedurian_2008
 User Gallery

#8943989 - 09/17/08 02:17 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

If you've ever read Think And Grow Rich, the way they describe using autosuggestion is doing the imagination exercises when you awake and when you go to bed

I think he means before bed. Focus and sleep don't mix (at least not for me.)

Every simple word contains either positive or negative force, IMHO.

Are you relaxing (taking it all in), or are you exerting yourself (barking mental instructions)?

Also, programmed prana/qi and autosuggestion are similar in that they both take time to set in. It's one thing to articulate words. It's another thing to assimilate the meaning.

I think it's like stating your problem and sleeping on it.

One of the most important parts is release. The element of finality behind anything you say.

At least, when I clear my mind of all thoughts, I can prolong sleep. This is when dream after dream comes to me.

Then, those balls of tension unwind, releasing instructions wrapped up inside.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience