Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRanger
Stranger
 User Gallery

First Grow (No Contamination's) With Good Pics! Your Thoughts?
    #8932882 - 09/15/08 11:43 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Ok so its been around 2 in a half weeks since Inoculation. This is my first grow ever. I did some research and tried to do everything right the first time. I used one B+ syringe from microsupply. Really cheap and shipped fast. I started off with 8 jars using the PFTek. I did not have a pressure cooker so just used regular pot with lid boiling for and hour and a half. Then sprayed lysol like crazy. Used lighter on needle between each jar. Covered with foil. It took 8 days to see any sign of the good stuff. I was kind of worried. But I just stayed with it. I do not have a Incubator and the temp where I store them is around 60. So thats why it took so long. The storage is concealed so I cant run a wire to it. Today I figured out a way to keep it around 80 with no wires or heaters. I boiled good size rocks for 20 min until they were to hot to touch. Then put them in the box and covered with towel. They hold their heat for around 24 hours so I will have to reheat them everyday when my wife goes to work. And I will not be able to to it on the weekends. After the first 5 days I thought I failed So I had bought two more syringes PES And did 16 more jars. They are bearly showing any growth but its only been 6 days with no heat. Most of them have little spots coming in with no contamination.

Here is the pic of all of them together with rocks for heat.

Here is the 8 B+ after two in a half weeks no signs of contaminations

Here is the 4 on left close up.

Here is the 4 on right close up.

Here they are inside box covered.

So tell me what you think? I hope all continues as is and I get no contaminations. After I fruit I am going to use the old syringes to make more using the spore prints. I already sterilized the old syringes. All together I spent around 35 for the three syringes (2 PES) And 1 (B +). And around 25 for the supplies. I think I can call this a good successful first grow. But its too soon to tell.... More to come.......

Ok I just used a Coffee Filter. I think it will work fine. Here are the new pics.

--------------------
This is all purely fictional and strictly for entertainment purposes.

Edited by Ranger (09/16/08 10:17 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecmod777debian
The Flood

Re: First Grow (No Contamination's) With Good Pics! Your Thoughts? [Re: Ranger]
    #8932962 - 09/15/08 12:02 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

There is a lot of foil there.  Let them fuckers breathe.

--------------------
Something like everything.  Nothing like anything

I think for myself....therefore I am myself

I look both ways before crossing the street, 4 times.  It's not because I am affraid to get hit by a car, it would just be a real inconvenience.

Don't make a wish.  Make a decision

My idea of gun control is a firm grip!

Offlineskaterickets
Musician
Male User Gallery

#8932978 - 09/15/08 12:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

cmod777debian said:
There is a lot of foil there.  Let them fuckers breathe.

Yep. :thumbup:

Other than that, you've done a really good job especially for your first grow. I did 30 jars and already 4 got contaminated. :mad2:

Good luck!

--------------------

OfflineRanger
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow (No Contamination's) With Good Pics! Your Thoughts? [Re: skaterickets]
    #8933003 - 09/15/08 12:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I thought about taking it off. I saw that somewhere. If I do that will there be more chance that I get contamination's? How much will it speed up the process? I have a layer of vermiculite on the top. I guess that could keep them out. I really don't want to take the foil off if there is a chance it will ruin it. Unless it makes it grow a few times faster.

--------------------

Offlineskaterickets
Musician
Male User Gallery

#8933017 - 09/15/08 12:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I put tyvek on top of mine. You can get them at your local post office, and they are totally free, and 99% effective.

--------------------

Offlinerev 766
gum flappin' scallywag
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: $tate of Inebriation, Pat...
    #8933040 - 09/15/08 12:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

the foil is bad. it is suffocating them. the verm is a contam barrier, just don't fuck around with the jars and turn them upside down and sideways and such. it can shift the verm and let contams through. if you are really paranoid put some micropore tape over your holes

--------------------
praise "Bob"
did you mean shmooed-R.I.P.

"drought besets the mind, decay besets the man"-me

OfflineOZZ
K.I.S.S.
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow (No Contamination's) With Good Pics! Your Thoughts? [Re: skaterickets]
    #8933060 - 09/15/08 12:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yes there is a chance of contamination, but you are taking a chance anyways. If it was me I would take off the foil so they can get some air exchange to increase colonization. C02 can and does build up in the jars and will slow your colonization thereby giving contams a chance to take over anyway.

Edited by OZZ (09/15/08 12:22 PM)

OfflineRanger
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8933065 - 09/15/08 12:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yea but can I put them on now? I mean I would have to sterilize them first right?

--------------------

OfflineRanger
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8933085 - 09/15/08 12:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Ok I am taking the foil off as soon as I get that crap form the post office. I will post pics after I am done.

--------------------

OfflineRanger
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow (No Contamination's) With Good Pics! Your Thoughts? [Re: OZZ]
    #8938137 - 09/16/08 09:12 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Which one is made of tyvek priority or express mail?

--------------------

Offlinejvm
I knew the pieces fit!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cleveland, Ohio Flag
    #8938183 - 09/16/08 09:25 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Ranger said:
Which one is made of tyvek priority or express mail?

It will say 'Tyvek'. If its tyvek it doesn't matter :awesome:  I personally just ordered the priority ones because they looked the most like the ones i've seen in grow logs and teks.

Offlineeseare
i11 beatz
Male

Loc: bass station 1
Re: First Grow (No Contamination's) With Good Pics! Your Thoughts? [Re: jvm]
    #8938337 - 09/16/08 10:12 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Since your doing so well already, dont take a chance of unscrewing your jars to add tyvek. Just take the shit load of foil off and add a loose piece, if you feel the need to cover. With a dry layer of verm that is already acting like a filter for contams. There is nothing for a contam to feed off of with dry verm. I personally leave foil and everything off. Gas exchange is really important for colonization. Your jars appear healthy. Would you rather them stay that way at a partially slower pace, or take the chances of adding something airborne to your jars when removing the lid completely. I personally think your doing fine. PF tek jars can take awhile to fully colonize any way you look at it.

But this is just MPO

Offlineeseare
i11 beatz
Male

Loc: bass station 1
Re: First Grow (No Contamination's) With Good Pics! Your Thoughts? [Re: eseare]
    #8938397 - 09/16/08 10:32 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Excuse my double post but.... At the temps you are incubating at the growth will be slow with or without the foil off and with tyvek added. Instead of using the rocks I would check out Ohmatic's Heat Bomb tek. Its simple and a great way to add that extra heat that you need

OfflineRanger
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: First Grow (No Contamination's) With Good Pics! Your Thoughts? [Re: eseare]
    #8938407 - 09/16/08 10:35 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I will check that out right now.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates