Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineberbonber
Stranger

Re: People who just dont get it [Re: Azagthoth]
    #8940024 - 09/16/08 05:06 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

well i dosed him today, with a huge brew and what do you know he was mumbling things like 'none of its real, who are we really' and other phrases like this which make me think he may have opened his eyes, il ask him in the morning if he learned anything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Loc: TX Flag
Re: People who just dont get it [Re: berbonber]
    #8940081 - 09/16/08 05:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I hear you on the "get fucked up" vs. drug-induced "transcendentalism", which is what high doses of psychedelics ellicit. I too used to be idealistic in the sense that these things may have a "life-changing experience" value, but after many years of tripping, you know what I found?

a real life-changing experience is exactly that... a life experience, as opposed to a drug experience.

it's nothing you can "learn" from a drug, unless you wake up from a coma from overdosing, and realize that you almost lost your life to some exogenous substance. hitting bottom is a "life-changing experience", or at least should be.
psychedelics usually just alter perception, and they're fairly good at it if the person taking them is receptive/open-minded.

though I do agree with you, I tend to think of mushrooms (and psychedelics in general) as experiential rather than "drugs to get fucked up on"

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

Edited by piracetam (09/16/08 05:36 PM)

OfflineAzagthoth
I am an ent
Male

Re: People who just dont get it [Re: piracetam]
    #8940117 - 09/16/08 05:35 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

piracetam said:
I hear you on the "get fucked up" vs. drug-induced "transcendentalism", which is what high doses of psychedelics ellicit. I too used to be idealistic in the sense that these things may have a "life-changing experience" value, but after many years of tripping, you know what I found?

a real life-changing experience is exactly that... a life experience, as opposed to a drug experience.

it's nothing you can "learn" from a drug, unless you wake up from a coma from overdosing, and realize that you almost lost your life to some exogenous substance. hitting bottom is a "life-changing experience", or at least should be.
psychedelics alter perception, and they're usually good at it, if the person taking them is receptive/open-minded.

You're right life experience is our ultimate teacher and bringer of wisdom. However shrooms only bring the answers to light the concious mind was not willing to accept. A big part is because the concious mind before it is unified of beastial desires (sex, greed, power) is too preoccupied with things to take the time to see the light.

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

#8940129 - 09/16/08 05:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

indeed, and in that respect, they are immensely useful. a good humbling of the ego/self-introspect and analysis of worldly concerns can certainly be constructive (to the psyche)attributes of altered consciousness

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8940565 - 09/16/08 07:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

berbonber said: i tried to tell him about my experiences when ive had epiphanies and real life changing experiences. i tried to tell him how mushrooms had been used for thousands of years in rites of passage rituals and other spiritual means.

but he still think they are just for getting 'fucked up' on have any of you tried to educate people on the mushrooms true powers but have just been met with stoical ignorance?

There is no purpose that mushrooms are specifically "for."  There are reasons why we might use them, certainly, but there is no absolute, only correct way to be using them.

Some people use them for spiritual purposes, some people use them for a mental defrag, and some people just use them to kick back and watch the pretty colors flow down the wall.

No need to get all holier-than-thou.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineWeedyWonka
Pirate Kitten
Male User Gallery

Re: People who just dont get it [Re: deCypher]
    #8940740 - 09/16/08 07:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:

There is no purpose that mushrooms are specifically "for."  There are reasons why we might use them, certainly, but there is no absolute, only correct way to be using them.

Some people use them for spiritual purposes, some people use them for a mental defrag, and some people just use them to kick back and watch the pretty colors flow down the wall.

No need to get all holier-than-thou.

Well put. Different strokes for different folks.

Invisibleridebaja
Rewild Yourself

Loc: The Other Side
    #8940807 - 09/16/08 07:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

piracetam said:

psychedelics usually just alter perception, and they're fairly good at it if the person taking them is receptive/open-minded.

though I do agree with you, I tend to think of mushrooms (and psychedelics in general) as experiential rather than "drugs to get fucked up on"

IMO seeing the world in a totally and completely new way, free of bias, would classify as a "real life changing experience". The cause of which is directly related to a psychedelic substance. The real challenge however, is putting in the effort to incorporating what you learned about yourself as well as the world into your own life.

I also believe that psychedelics are meant to be used in a certain manner. This is due to the fact that they are part of nature. In our advanced world today, we have a much different way of life than the traditional life "in nature".

What I'm saying is that we do not live in a psychedelic friendly society today. We have cars, police, and hazards that could be extremely dangerous with the use of psychedelics. Knowing this, I believe that there is a proper way of using psychedelics today, and that is either out in nature or in a calm state for a growing experience, both mentally and spiritually.
:mushroom2:

Offlinewireless
Thizziswhatis
Male User Gallery

#8940867 - 09/16/08 07:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

berbonber said:
so i took my friend picking Liberty Caps the other day and we were talking about dosing. i was telling him that while large doses were good low doses were nice too because its easier to learn things about yourself and he said 'whats the point in taking them unless your going to get fucked up? thats why you take drugs to get fucked up you dont learn anything from them'

i tried to tell him about my experiences when ive had epiphanies and real life changing experiences. i tried to tell him how mushrooms had been used for thousands of years in rites of passage rituals and other spiritual means.

but he still think they are just for getting 'fucked up' on have any of you tried to educate people on the mushrooms true powers but have just been met with stoical ignorance?

A few people I know don't like taking them to get "fucked up", because getting fucked up on mushrooms isn't usually a good thing. Those people though take them to see cool things. All they care about is what they see, but I can't blame them. I remember what it was like to only care about that stuff. It's much easier being ignorant rather than having reality at your disposal, especially when reality is so sick in so many ways.

InvisibleDev
3yrs Break
Male

Loc: U.K
Re: People who just dont get it [Re: shroom_me]
    #8941526 - 09/16/08 10:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

shroom_me said:
weird Swim cant take ANY dose of mushrooms, and NOT have a spiritual experience. I can't even be sober, and not have a third eye.

You mean forth eye. third eye is your...

--------------------
:mushroom2::smile::mushroom2:

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Re: People who just dont get it [Re: Dev]
    #8945729 - 09/17/08 06:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Dev said:
Quote:

shroom_me said:
weird Swim cant take ANY dose of mushrooms, and NOT have a spiritual experience. I can't even be sober, and not have a third eye.

You mean forth eye. third eye is your...

monocular?

--------------------
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is just poetry, imagination." ~Max Planck

OfflineDudeyourgone
Gone...
Male User Gallery
Loc: California
    #8945891 - 09/17/08 07:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

berbonber said:
well i dosed him today, with a huge brew and what do you know he was mumbling things like 'none of its real, who are we really' and other phrases like this which make me think he may have opened his eyes, il ask him in the morning if he learned anything

My friend kept saying "What is life" the second time i tripped and it was on 4.5g of cubes...thats when i started contemplating "What is life?" ...lol it was fucking amazing!!! i love psychedelia and everything to do with it now

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Re: People who just dont get it [Re: Dudeyourgone]
    #8946076 - 09/17/08 07:40 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

awesome :biggrin:

:mushroom2:

--------------------

OfflineGrogan
Shroomieologist
 User Gallery

#8946781 - 09/17/08 10:12 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

to all their own.. I believe respect and concluding meaning from mushroom trips come with a degree of intelligence above normal intelligence..

he's not inclined intelligently is he?? your the "smarter" one right?

--------------------
"Maybe a cow occasionally ate a shroom, but it certainly wouldn't be such a potent shroom that the cow would be trippin balls. " LOL

Offlinemushroomtip
Botanist
Male

Loc: The Concrete Jungles
    #8947324 - 09/18/08 12:00 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

piracetam said:
hitting bottom is a "life-changing experience", or at least should be.

Right fucking on. :thumbup:

hitting bottom was way more surreal than any mushroom trip has ever been. A bad cocaine addiction sent me to the bottom and out on the streets for 4 months. Talk about learning something from a drug experience. I learned more about life and myself having to fight off that addiction and get my life straight again than I've ever learned about myself. The pit of addiction is a rough place.

--------------------
"Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed. Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well." - Mahatma Gandhi

Seeds and cuttings for trade.

Edited by mushroomtip (09/18/08 12:06 AM)

OfflineSynne
Stranger
Re: People who just dont get it [Re: mushroomtip]
    #8947528 - 09/18/08 12:53 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

^^^

I have a lot of respect for you for getting yourself clean. I've carried a serious addiction with me for some time, but, and whether or not this really has anything to do with it, I don't know, on one of my more recent trips i truly analyzed my life have since been working very hard (mostly successful) at putting that part of my life behind me.

OfflineSid
Stranger

#8947741 - 09/18/08 01:46 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've never met a single person who told me that mushrooms don't help you figure out stuff in your life.

OfflineLightShedder
Trading currencies
 User Gallery

Loc: AustinDenverLA
    #8947751 - 09/18/08 01:52 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Why were you hanging out with such a fucking loser???? Get a hold of some crystal and thumbprint his ass in a room full of mirrors!!!!

--------------------

Offlinepiracetam
bioanalytical chemist
Male User Gallery

Re: People who just dont get it [Re: Synne]
    #8948169 - 09/18/08 07:15 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Synne said:
^^^

I have a lot of respect for you for getting yourself clean. I've carried a serious addiction with me for some time, but, and whether or not this really has anything to do with it, I don't know, on one of my more recent trips i truly analyzed my life have since been working very hard (mostly successful) at putting that part of my life behind me.

respect to you both; mushroomtip is right, the pit of addiction is a rough place.
coming to the realization, and then stopping a self-destructive behavior, is truly a life-changing experience. whether you take a good introspective agent like psilocybin, or do it cold turkey...doesn't matter the path...you've made yourself a better, stronger person.

perhaps I just see a "life-changing" experience more as a cause of action, rather than just a shifting of thoughts. :shrug:
if one takes mushrooms and is so profoundly shaped by the experience that he/she changes his/her lifestyle, that could arguably be viewed as a life-changing experience.

OfflineSynne
Stranger
Re: People who just don't get it [Re: piracetam]
    #8949043 - 09/18/08 11:57 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

It's been quite a process. I think the reason it affected me so profoundly was because I was actually putting thought into the results of my actions, and how self-destructive I had actually become. I had always just had sort of a "fuck it" attitude with life, but I realized how absurd that was. I'm still amazed to this day. I never went into psychedelics thinking I would have an experience such as that. It's still incredibly difficult to stay off of it, due to the college environment, and everything being so readily available for me to do by the handful. But I still think I'm solid enough now to come out on top of it.

OfflineGreenGoat
Chewer of Fine Pastures
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northern California
Re: People who just don't get it [Re: Synne]
    #8949134 - 09/18/08 12:12 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

For what it's worth, I have to disagree w Grogan if he is serious, I dont think that intelligence, beyond a very basic human intelligence, is necessary for either a spiritual experience of a life changing trip. Just from my observations of many different people's trips, I have found that to be untrue.... Anyone can benefit, their interpretation and articulation of the event will be what is different...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck