Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMerkin
neep.
 User Gallery

Loc: Ass Flavoured Pie Factory
Re: E Novogranatense - an interesting plant [Re: Stonehenge]
    #9027379 - 10/04/08 06:28 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

i was gonna buy this plant from someone i knew but i couldnt afford 130$ to fork out.

i really want one now >_< chew that shit up with lime stone #)$(*$()#

--------------------
Wheels of cheese wheeels of cheeeeese!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleQuantumReality
Mycopath 🗡
 User Gallery

Loc: BoobyTraps
Re: E Novogranatense - an interesting plant [Re: Merkin]
    #9027704 - 10/04/08 09:53 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

ohh you have me drolling here stoney :crazy2:

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Loc: S.E.
Re: E Novogranatense - an interesting plant [Re: Merkin]
    #9028449 - 10/04/08 12:59 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Merkin said:
i was gonna buy this plant from someone i knew but i couldnt afford 130$ to fork out.

i really want one now >_< chew that shit up with lime stone #)$(*$()#

$130???? That is awfully high I think. Send me a pm or I'll send you one. And don't forget if you order from outside the country you run into major customs issues. I will help people in USA only because of that.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Trade list http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/18047755

Invisiblenitelife
Ethno Man
Male User Gallery

Re: E Novogranatense - an interesting plant [Re: blazed123]
    #11410333 - 11/08/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

blazed123 said:
The seeds are easy to germinate.  You germinate them in moist peat.  I had ten seeds given to me and got them all to sprout that way.  Unfortunately, I ended up killing all the plants.  It's not because it's a difficult plant to grow.  I just didn;t have good conditions to give them.  Window light might be enough down south, but it seem to be very borderline during the heart of the winter up north.

When you say germinate them in peat- could you germinate them in a jiffy peat pellet, or just put moist peat in a baggie and put it in there and when it sprouts transfer it? And do you plant the whole berry or take the seed out of the berry? Also, when can e.novo be acclimated to lower humidity?

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Re: E Novogranatense - an interesting plant [Re: nitelife]
    #11411485 - 11/08/09 02:12 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You can do any of those things. What i do is let them germ inside the damp peat mix and when i see a root i put it in soil root down. No need to remove the berry. They like humidity but can adapt to most reasonable climates. Keep them warm, ideally around 80. I keep plastic wrap or a clear dome over them until the seed coat drops off. You see the seed rise out of the soil on a stalk and then eventually the coat drops off and the little leaves are shown. You can plant the whole berry if you like. Just don't put them too deep, around 1/4" deep is fine.

--------------------
“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship.” (attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville political philosopher Circa 1835)

Invisiblenitelife
Ethno Man
Male User Gallery

#11412272 - 11/08/09 04:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

That sounds simple enough...
How large do they have to be until they flower and produce berries?
Also, do you have to hand pollinate them when they flower? If so, what does this intail?
Thanks

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
    #11417443 - 11/09/09 09:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

They start flowering at about 1 year of age and are self fertile.

--------------------

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

Loc: Luxury
    #11417590 - 11/09/09 09:48 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Stonehenge-
Do you remember how old the plant in the first post of this thread is?
Also, do you have any recent photos to compare a years worth of growth?

--------------------

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
Re: E Novogranatense - an interesting plant [Re: Big L]
    #11418057 - 11/09/09 11:09 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Dam fino. It may have been 2 years. I don't recall which one it was plus a few of them have lost leaves and branches due to me not watering them in time. I've lost whole plants that way. Mine are producing berries now. They seem to do it almost year around.

--------------------

Offlinehnc
 User Gallery

Loc: Maine
    #11418137 - 11/09/09 11:21 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I have had pretty good progress with my 15 berries.  Around week 3 I started to get nervous about the germ bag and planted them inside my propagator, got 8 of 15 to sprout.  I'll take some pictures this evening and post tonight. :grin:

Edited by hnc (11/09/09 11:22 AM)

InvisibleBig L
In tall buildings
 User Gallery

Loc: Luxury
    #11418199 - 11/09/09 11:34 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I got all 10 of mine to sprout, then I butchered them by over watering.
All but 4 died and those barely survived. They lost most of their leaves and the ones that were left turned mostly brown.
That was probably three weeks ago. Now 3 of them are coming back with avengeance. They are extremely bushy and are the proper green color.

Water only when the soil is bone dry

I wish I had a camera. :shrug:

--------------------

Invisiblenitelife
Ethno Man
Male User Gallery

Re: E Novogranatense - an interesting plant [Re: Big L]
    #11459957 - 11/15/09 01:21 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

How are you guys sprouting these?
Are you putting them in peat pellets in humidity under some light and just letting them sprout and transplant when rootbound?
Stoney said when he sees a root he transplants root down, how is he gonna see a root when it is under soil?
I am confused on this whole process, anyone who has info on sprouting seeds please share.

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
    #11460038 - 11/15/09 01:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

You can sprout them in moss and transfer them to soil or put them in soil and wait for them to sprout. If you do the latter, you will have pots in which nothing comes up. I let them sprout in damp moss and then put them in soil just to save having a lot of pots sitting around waiting for something to come up.

They are somewhat drought sensitive. Let the soil dry out before watering again, that's true. But don't let them wilt. They are not quite as drought sensitive as kratom but they don't like wilting. Remember that they won't be as green as most garden plants so go sparingly on the ferts and allow them to be lime green.

After they sprout, the berry pushes up on a stalk and later the seedcoat drops off.

--------------------

Invisiblenitelife
Ethno Man
Male User Gallery

#11460080 - 11/15/09 01:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

So in this case- someone could:
Place the berry about 1/4 inch in a jiffy peat pellet in humidity under some light,
Wait until it sprouts, when it does, take it out of the peat and put it in a soil mix,
let it grow in humidity for a while and then acclimate?

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
    #11460448 - 11/15/09 02:38 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

If you are doing one at a time you might as well just put them into soil to start. I meant to keep a number of berries in the little bag with damp moss in it that they come in and eyeball them everyday and take out the ones that sprouted. It would be hard to check sprouts in a jiffy pellet. I'm saying like if you had 6 berries and 3 sprouted, you would only plant the sprouts and wait on the others. After about a month or so if they haven't sprouted they probably won't. They like warmth, around 80f is perfect but they can take it a little warmer.

--------------------

Invisiblenitelife
Ethno Man
Male User Gallery

#11460488 - 11/15/09 02:43 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Oh you ship them in damp moss?
When you mean take out the ones that sprout, do you mean sprout roots or like green out of the top of the moss?
So someone would just put that whole bag of moss with berries in it in light and in humidity?

InvisibleStonehenge
Alt Center
Male User Gallery
    #11461088 - 11/15/09 04:03 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, i send them in moss so they can start the germination process right away. The light doesn't make much difference when they are sprouting. You don't see any green until the seed coat drops off later on. But the stem will be a little green. You see the white root coming out of the berry in the moss and put the sprout in soil.

--------------------

Invisiblenitelife
Ethno Man
Male User Gallery

#11528484 - 11/25/09 07:18 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

So how long does it take for them to sprout in the moss?
Nite

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
    #11529537 - 11/25/09 10:51 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

here is mine. its was given to me by someone on here. all i can say is that they hate full sun. i found  that out the hard way. but now it is growing fast and the leaves are getting bigger.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Invisiblewisp
Re: E Novogranatense - an interesting plant [Re: ferrel_human]
    #11530478 - 11/26/09 04:34 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

This thread has been going on for ages. Stonehenge, do you keep your plants in an especially humid area?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds