Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineretrospect
First and Last experience on Datura.
    #8915569 - 09/11/08 10:18 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

When I decided to take this drug I was in a state where I'd do anything to get high. Although the experience itself wasn't too bad after doing research on how dangerous this drug is I don't ever want to do it again. My mum also looked after someone in intensive care who developed a psychosis after using Datura.

It started at my mate's house, I made up a tea solution with one and a half flowers and let it sit overnight. When I woke up I downed the tea on an empty stomach. The first effects I noticed was a dry throat and mouth, so dry I couldn't even swallow saliva or drink water, it felt disgusting. I started to feel nauseous and ended up throwing my guts up. Once I'd thrown up I felt better, but strange. I decided to have a lye down and as soon as I closed my eyes I experienced some strange CEVs. They weren't seen with my eyes, but vividly in my mind, like if someone was to visualise an object. The difference was I had no control over what I visualised, so it was like I watched a movie played out in my head. I saw some awe striking things with lots of detail and colour.

As I was lying on the bed one of my mates started talking to me, I replied and we had a short conversation till I opened my eyes and noticed he was at the other end of the room. Everyone was staring at me cause i'd been talking to myself. I shouted 'how did you get over there so fast, wasn't I just talking to you here?' and he said no as they all laughed. I found it quite amusing and started laughing too. This continued to happen as I closed my eyes again. It was like i'd fall into conversing with him, without realizing it, I'd do it unconsiously, forgetting it was fake and had happened previously. As soon as I opened my eyes and realized no one was there I'd realize I was talking to myself again. Very strange.

I felt much better now, the dryness of throat and mouth had dissapeared and I no longer suffered from any nausea so I decided to walk down into town with some mates. I don't remember much until we got into town and decided to catch a bus home. We jumped on the bus got our tickets and sat down. I thought two other mates were sitting up the back, as I was down the front, so shouted out to them as they shouted back. I later found out my friends were not on the bus and I was just embarassing myself. The bus drove on it's route until it reached my street, the driver drove right past my street and I shouted "NO NO turn right! You missed my house!', expecting the driver to deliver me to my house. I realized I had to get off at a stop and wondered why I'd shouted at her.

I got off at the next closest stop and began my walk home. I have no idea why I decided to go home whilst on Datura, dumb idea. On my walk I was alone, but I kept having conversations with my friends in the same way I had the conversations on the bed. I'd be walking, and I'd hear someone talk to me and reply to them, then as I turned to look towards the voice, I'd see them for a split second until they vanished into thin air. I believed I was with around 4 or 5 people when I was alone the whole walk. I decided that all my friends had invisibility cloaks and they were playing tricks on me. Everytime I looked at them as they dissapeared I got really mad cause they wouldn't stay visible and shouted and cursed at them. At one point I was trying to pull tree's out of the ground believing they were hiding underground. I also searched through people's gardens looking for where my friends had gone. I passed quite a few people while undertaking these strange acts, and got very strange looks from people, I ignored them thinking my actions were perfectly normal.

On the walk home I continously found a cigarette in my hand alight, and i'd put it in my mouth and take a drag but not feel any smoke in my lungs. I'd look at my hand and notice the cigarette had dissapeared. I also felt and heard my phone vibrate and ring in my pocket. I'd pull it out, answer it, and start talking to someone on the phone when I noticed it went silent. Look at my hand and realize the phone was gone. This kept happening quite a few times and no matter how many times it happened I was unable to realize it was a hallucination until after it had dissapeared.

Once I reached home my mother opened the door, I introduced my friends asking if they could come in for a bit. I went into the kitchen and told my invisible friends to make themselves at home if they were hungry or thirsty all while my mum watched in disbelief. I remember my mum asking where my friends had gone and I looked around noticing they had dissapeared. I told her they were probably under their invisibility cloaks or hiding in the bushes outside. She sat me down and asked what drugs I had taken, not realizing how fucked I was I lied and said none. She ended up tellling me she'd called an ambulance, thinking I had gone insane, which caused me to run away as fast as I could from her house.

I ended up walking back into town and was talking to my invisible friends as I walked through the main street. I decided to start walking back to my friends house thinking I was with two other people the entire time, and I was furious as they kept dissapearing on me. I reached my friends house and by then the drug had worn off. I kept asking my friends if they had been with me at all today and they said no they'd been at home. Confused I realized I had been delusional on Datura all day, and told my friends as they laughed at my strange conclusions and experiences.

Datura was very strange, and very confusing. Whilst on the drug you don't know what's real and what's not, and it puts you in a dream-like state, where you can accept very delusional beliefs. Although the experience wasn't frightening, it was very confusing and frustrating and I don't plan on doing it again.

Edited by retrospect (09/11/08 10:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Stranger
Male

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: First and Last experience on Datura. [Re: retrospect]
    #8915607 - 09/11/08 10:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Nice trip report, It seems you got lucky in that you didnt see the world as being scary as hell

personally I dont want to try it but it seems like you had a pretty good datura trip compared to others

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: First and Last experience on Datura. [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #8915632 - 09/11/08 10:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I am all too afraid of doing something drastic while on Datura.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8915638 - 09/11/08 10:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

that sounds like a bad experience, i know you were delusional, but did u get visuals at all?  Not the invisibility cloak, i mean classic hallucinations  like melting, tracers, warping, bending?

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: First and Last experience on Datura. [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #8915687 - 09/11/08 10:40 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You don't really get that on datura I don't think.

--------------------

Offlineretrospect
    #8915690 - 09/11/08 10:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

No I didn't get any classic psychedelic visuals. The only hallucinations I had was of real things or objects. I'd look at someone and see them as clear as day and then they would dissapear into thin air.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8915696 - 09/11/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Okay yeah that does sound like a dream-like experience.

--------------------

InvisibleDoseMeHomie
 User Gallery

Loc: 'merica
    #8915731 - 09/11/08 10:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

amazing trip report for datura. i cant even tell you what really happened on my datura experiences, all i remember is clips.

props to you for being able to remember the experience so detailed.

i will never do datura again, unless i want to have no clue whats going on.

--------------------
The Gospel

InvisibleDoseMeHomie
 User Gallery

#8915740 - 09/11/08 10:50 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
that sounds like a bad experience, i know you were delusional, but did u get visuals at all?  Not the invisibility cloak, i mean classic hallucinations  like melting, tracers, warping, bending?

your pupils get dialated but no real tracers or melting, some colors, but its nothing like hallucinogenics. you cant read shit.

--------------------
The Gospel

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8917246 - 09/12/08 08:38 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This is actually a moderately good trip report for Datura, at least compared to all the trainwreck experiences.

Glad you came out OK.  :mushroom2:

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineTheAxis
Run like a cantalope
Male

Loc: New Jersey
Re: First and Last experience on Datura. [Re: deCypher]
    #8919187 - 09/12/08 03:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

hahahaha invisibility cloaks, thats great

overall it does sound pretty good to some of the others ive heard. Deffinitely an interesting drug

--------------------
When you make your peace with authority, you become authority
                                    Jim Morrison

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: First and Last experience on Datura. [Re: TheAxis]
    #8919528 - 09/12/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Too much Harry Potter man. :yesnod:

--------------------

InvisibleQuantumReality
Mycopath 🗡
 User Gallery

Loc: BoobyTraps
Re: First and Last experience on Datura. [Re: MHbound]
    #8922258 - 09/13/08 04:55 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

datura is like being in really intense shock, like after a serious accident shock. just delirious

InvisibleDoseMeHomie
 User Gallery

Re: First and Last experience on Datura. [Re: QuantumReality]
    #8922263 - 09/13/08 04:59 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

datura is like sleep walking

--------------------
The Gospel

OfflineLbDub
Male

Re: First and Last experience on Datura. [Re: DoseMeHomie]
    #8922386 - 09/13/08 06:19 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Some pretty vivid hallucinations. I had the EXACT same thing happen with the cigarette on a high dose of diphenhydramine. I don't fuck with it now, but when it happened I was pretty damn amused at how real it all seemed.

Offlinearne
evidenced treasurer
Male

Re: First and Last experience on Datura. [Re: LbDub]
    #8924233 - 09/13/08 03:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

datura is like psychosis??

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: First and Last experience on Datura. [Re: arne]
    #8924239 - 09/13/08 03:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

arne said:
datura is like psychosis??

More of a dream-like state of consciousness then psychosis.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8924252 - 09/13/08 04:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Psychosis, delirium, and dreams have far more in common than most people think.

Some psychotic states are the subconscious dream-state breaking through into waking reality.

--------------------

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: First and Last experience on Datura. [Re: deCypher]
    #8924390 - 09/13/08 04:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

the imaginary people are equivalent in many ways to dmt elves, and the salvia visitors.
and the translation into different realities from one's history, for instance, is very much like salvia, just stretched over many hours.
i am pretty sure that a high dose of shrooms, cactus or lsd will do the same.

like an extra few folds applied to the mental reality fabric

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: First and Last experience on Datura. [Re: redgreenvines]
    #8924410 - 09/13/08 04:29 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've personally found high intake of N2O while stoned and on Piracetam can produce interesting interactions with subconscious entities.

I've been able to vocalize a question or conversational sentence in my mind, and have a response "typed out" in letters in the center of my field of vision.  Kind of unnerving, especially since I don't consciously formulate any response--it just spontaneously appears without any control on my part.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag