Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinericyjo
agent calypso

Loc: theororist
SCOTTS 3 IN 1 ORGANISMS ?!
    #892061 - 09/18/02 10:01 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Yep, that's right...the amazing scotts 3 in 1 is also suseptible to contams of a different kind...

These were the conditions under which a friend of mine said ORGANISMS appeared on the inside surface of seran-wrap used to cover a tub growing mycellium.

The scotts was moistened to field capacity and left to sit for roughly 3 weeks inside a plastic bag removed from light at a constant 84 degrees.

That scotts pre-moistened soil was then used as a second layer to help further develop an aggressively growing mycellial network.

My friend said he wanted to check the surface temp of the soil without removing the seran wrap so my friend pushed down on the seran wrap; touching the surface of the soil. My friend believes that when he did this, the condensation on the inside surface of the seran wrap picked something up from the surface of the organic soil. A couple days later, my friend said he noticed an orange blotch on the inside of the seran wrap. Upon closer inspection, the orange blotch was actually a small teeming pool of very tiny wormlike organisms whipping and writhing around. Upon even closer inpection of the surface soil, my friend noticed the same wormlike organisms grasping the soil with one end of they're wormlike bodies while the other end waved back and forth repeatedly. This scared my friend imensely and nuked the whole lot of em profusely with a can of Lysol.

Needless to say, my friend had to scrap the whole project.
My friend is broke like me and doesn't want to shell out more bucks for spores.

TIP: Use the scotts 3 in 1 immediately after moistening to field capacity.
As many of you already know, do not allow it to sit in a dark warm, dark place for several weeks before applying it to your endeavors. My friend said he thought there was preventative ingredients in scotts 3 in 1 that wards off such contams.
What a dumbass....

--------------------
"Re-examine all that you have been told...
dismiss that which insults your soul." -Walt Whitman

Edited by ricyjo (09/18/02 10:14 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineXiC_clone
Calls Shots 'Round Here
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth 25XX
Re: SCOTTS 3 IN 1 ORGANISMS ?! [Re: ricyjo]
    #892078 - 09/18/02 10:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

>>>My friend is broke like me<<<

I hear ya bro, prop's to all the broke mycologists out there. We make it work! Execpt when we get orange pin worms in our casings.

-XiC

--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: SCOTTS 3 IN 1 ORGANISMS ?! [Re: ricyjo]
    #892133 - 09/18/02 10:29 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Double posting is bad!

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation