Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSpiritual Seeker
Nothing Matters
Male

Loc: UK
The Military "Draft" Thread.
    #8918522 - 09/12/08 01:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

People say its never going to happen again. They swear it. But lets face the facts. If Macain gets into office i think shit could really hit the fan. Im curious about the draft.

First off what makes it so you HAVE to get drafted into a conflict? You need to be a male 18 years of age and who signed up for selective service (Its rquired).

Now what is it that can make it so you caint get drafted. From what ive seen college students didnt get drafted during the vietnam war. Is this true? If your a full time student can you get drafted?

Another thing. Im a convicted felon. Would they draft me with my "Hardcore" Criminal record? I caint even buy guns anymore. Why the fuck would uncle sam give me an automatic one?

Thoughts? Experiances? ect.

--------------------
"Nothing in the world is a gift. Whatever there is to learn has to be learned the hard way."
-Don juan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: The Military "Draft" Thread. [Re: Spiritual Seeker]
    #8918530 - 09/12/08 01:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

im not worried im a full time student they have millions of other people to chose first over me :tongue:

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
Re: The Military "Draft" Thread. [Re: Spiritual Seeker]
    #8918544 - 09/12/08 01:29 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Spiritual Seeker said:
Another thing. Im a convicted felon. Would they draft me with my "Hardcore" Criminal record? I caint even buy guns anymore. Why the fuck would uncle sam give me an automatic one?

Cause apparently, you got the right kind of attitude  :chainsaw:

Offlinealphapacifist
It's Magical!
Male

Re: The Military "Draft" Thread. [Re: Coaster]
    #8918547 - 09/12/08 01:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Im sure youd get drafted. I dont think your record matters. Im actually a republican. So yeah, i wouldnt mind.

--------------------
Fuck Meth.

OfflineCoaster
Baʿal
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep in the Valley
Re: The Military "Draft" Thread. [Re: alphapacifist]
    #8918549 - 09/12/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

well im sure i wont get drafted
the profession im going into is one of the most important for america and is severely lacking theres no way they would risk my neck

--------------------

Offlinecactastic
You must be shroomin'

Loc: Earth
Re: The Military "Draft" Thread. [Re: alphapacifist]
    #8918557 - 09/12/08 01:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'd love to see a draft. So many people would be so pissed. It'll be the 60s all over again. People would turn this government over. Most of us already don't support the war.

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
Re: The Military "Draft" Thread. [Re: cactastic]
    #8918584 - 09/12/08 01:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

No they wouldn't. They're too busy stuffing their faces with fast food, driving SUVs, and watching cable to give a shit about a draft.

They haven't cared about the last seven years of war, what makes you think they'll care now?

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

OfflinePlatinum
Psychonautical Engineer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: New York Flag
Re: The Military "Draft" Thread. [Re: Crasher]
    #8918597 - 09/12/08 01:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

^^ cuz mad peeps have died = smaller armed forces = cant invade other countries (iran, korea, etc)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Military "Draft" Thread. [Re: Platinum]
    #8918608 - 09/12/08 01:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

If there is a draft i would rather go to jail then support a totalitarianist regime.

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Military "Draft" Thread. [Re: Platinum]
    #8918616 - 09/12/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

4,000 out of a million person force isn't "mad peeps"

Iran and Korea would hardly be ground battles anyway. We'd bomb them into oblivion before boots hit the ground, and hopefully we wouldn't bother occupying them.

--------------------

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Military "Draft" Thread. [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #8918635 - 09/12/08 01:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:
If there is a draft i would rather go to jail then support a totalitarianist regime.

Which is funny because most soldiers would rather have you in jail then carrying a rifle anywhere behind them anyway. :evil:

Another reason we won't have a draft, there are too many veterans who would just kill draftees who didn't pull their weight in combat. It happened in Viet Nam.

Oh, we're also far away from totalitarianism, you should actually look up what that means.

--------------------

Edited by Crasher (09/12/08 01:49 PM)

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #8918641 - 09/12/08 01:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cognitive_Shift said:

:rolleyes:

we should never have fought a war against Germany either. The United States are monsters!!!  :ass2mouth:

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8919080 - 09/12/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Oh, we're also far away from totalitarianism, you should actually look up what that means. 

Look, no read a book on how hitler came to power.

--------------------

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8919092 - 09/12/08 03:02 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

“An evil exists that threatens every man, woman and child of this great nation. We must take steps to insure our domestic security and protect our Homeland.” -hitler

sounds kinda similar to what bush is saying eh?

--------------------

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8919113 - 09/12/08 03:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah it does, but what two leaders claim as a rallying flag isn't what makes a totalitarian nation.

We still have a free market, there aren't mandatory reeducation centers or any kind of State Culture. we still have the freedom of press, religion, to gather, to bear arms, etc.

You'd be hard pressed to find an armed population with the ability to speak freely in a totalitarian state.

--------------------

Edited by Crasher (09/12/08 03:08 PM)

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8919157 - 09/12/08 03:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Its on its way, look how much shit violates the constitution.  Totalitarianist states dont just become that way, it slowly changes over time into totalitarianism.  In the last century look at how many liberties have been deemed illegal.  Are you just as free now, compared to people that lived in 1908?  No, no not really.

--------------------

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8919183 - 09/12/08 03:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Prove it.

List my lost liberties (lol) with evidence of a progression towards this totalitarian dictatorship we're heading to.

:popcorn:

Or just go ahead and call me :sheepie: for not believing i'm free when I can spend my day posting about drug use on the internet, carrying a concealed hangun, all without the FBI at my doorstep.

Quote:

Are you just as free now, compared to people that lived in 1908?  No, no not really.

not to mention that since then, women were allowed the freedom to vote and we desegregated our country.

--------------------

Edited by Crasher (09/12/08 03:22 PM)

Offlinethekwazz
Calm.Collected.German
Male User Gallery

Loc: City of murder, GA
    #8919208 - 09/12/08 03:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Crasher said:
Prove it.

List my lost liberties (lol) with evidence of a progression towards this totalitarian dictatorship we're heading to.

Or just go ahead and call me :sheepie: for not believing i'm free when I can spend my day posting about drug use on the internet, carrying a concealed hangun, all without the FBI at my doorstep.

Quote:

Are you just as free now, compared to people that lived in 1908?  No, no not really.

not to mention that since then, women were allowed the freedom to vote and we desegregated our country.

Touche. :werd:

--------------------

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8919234 - 09/12/08 03:29 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Heres court cases that have taken away libertys this century for ya

*  - Freedom of Information Act Amendments Challenged by White House, January 1974 - September 1974, posted by blackmax
    *  - Butz Resigns over Obscene, Racist Joke, October 4, 1976, posted by blackmax
    *  - Journalist Reveals US Spy Program; Cheney Recommends Burglaries and Indictments as Retaliation, May 25, 1975, posted by blackmax
    *  - House and Senate Pass Patriot Act Without Reading It, October 24, 2001, posted by paxvector
    *  - Sen. Feingold Blocks Vote on Patriot Act, October 9, 2001, posted by paxvector
    *  - Top Rumsfeld Aide Cambone Resigns, December 31, 2006, posted by Paul
    *  - Senators Daschle and Leahy Raise Concerns about Newly Introduced Patriot Act, October 2-4, 2001, posted by Paul
    *  - Investigations Probe Operation Shamrock, Lead to Passage of FISA Law, May 15, 1975 and After, posted by blackmax
    *  - President Bush Describes 2002 Al-Qaeda Plot in Apparent Effort to Deflect Criticism of NSA Wiretapping, February 9, 2006, posted by Paul
    *  - Oversight Chairman Requests Interview Transcripts from CIA Leak Investigation, June 3, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Presidential Nominee John McCain Would Continue Warrantless Surveillance, Immunity for Telecoms, June 2, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Senate Republicans Protect Justice Department from Oversight by Inspector General, April 23, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - YouTube Refuses Senator’s Request to Suppress Videos, May 19, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Cheney’s Staff Powerful, Secretive, and Highly Influential, Reporter Finds, April 16, 2006, posted by blackmax
    *  - FBI Builds Digital Collection System Network Enabling Real-Time Monitoring of US Communications, 1997-August 2007 and After, posted by blackmax
    *  - Bush Administration Pushing for Immunity for Telecom Firms Who Cooperated with NSA Domestic Wiretapping Program, December 16, 2007, posted by blackmax
    *  - Newt Gingrich Says People ‘Will Give Up All Their Liberties’ When Faced with Threat, April 18, 2008, posted by Paul
    *  - Justice Department Claims that Fourth Amendment Does Not Apply in Domestic Military Operations, October 23, 2001, posted by blackmax
    *  - ACLU Learns of Justice Department’s 2001 Dismissal of Fourth Amendment, April 2, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Bush Uses Yemen Hub Calls to Justify NSA Warrantless Program, January 25, 2006, posted by KJF
    *  - Attorney General Makes Puzzling Claim about Pre-9/11 Communication Intercept, March 27, 2008, posted by KJF
    *  - Cheney Uses Yemen Hub Calls to Justify NSA Warrantless Program, January 4, 2006, posted by KJF
    *  - Olbermann: Bush’s Call for Telecom Immunity ‘Textbook Example of Fascism’, January 30, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Hayden Says NSA Warrantless Program May Have Detected 9/11, January 23, 2006, posted by KJF
    *  - Civil Liberties Group Challenges Administration’s Dismissal of Fourth Amendment, April 2, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Olbermann: MCA the ‘Beginning of the End of America’, October 19, 2006, posted by blackmax
    *  - Dean: Military Commissions Act Befits ‘Totalitarian State’ More than a Democracy, September 22, 2006, posted by blackmax
    *  - ACLU Calls on Justice Department to Release October 2001 Memo Nullifying Fourth Amendment, April 2, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Reporter: Bush Response to NSA Wiretapping Story Similar to South African Attempts to Silence Stories About Apartheid, December 21, 2005, posted by blackmax
    *  - New Electronic Surveillance System Vulnerable to Hacking, Exploitation, 2003, posted by blackmax
    *  - Law Forces Broadband Providers, ISPs to Allow Government Access to Networks, 1997-August 2007 and After, posted by blackmax
    *  - Rehnquist Appointed to Supreme Court; Dodges Allegations of Racial Harassment, January 7, 1972, posted by blackmax
    *  - Firms of State Department Contractors Who Broke into Candidates’ Passport Files Identified, March 21, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Reporter Finds Passport Files Contain Wealth of Personal Information, March 21, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Clinton’s Passport File Breached; Rice Promises Investigation, March 21, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Waxman Asks Rice for Information about Obama Passport Break-in, March 21, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - McCain’s Passport Files Also Breached, March 21, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Timing of Obama File Breaches Suggests Political Motivations, March 21, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Former White House Lawyer and Law Professor Say Bush Abuses Presidential Signing Statements, September 2007, posted by blackmax
    *  - Military Commissions Act Legalizes ‘Tyranny in the United States,’ Says Former Civil Litigator, September 28, 2006, posted by blackmax
    *  - Rehnquist Dies; Drove Supreme Court Sharply to Right, September 5, 2005, posted by blackmax
    *  - Reagan Alludes to GOP Efforts to Control Courts, October 1986, posted by blackmax
    *  - Obama’s Private Passport Files Broken into on Three Separate Occasions, Says State Department, March 20, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Article Notes Cheney’s Words Show He Counts Himself as Part of Executive Branch, June 29, 2007, posted by blackmax
    *  - Protect America Act Becomes Law, Gives Government Broad New Surveillance Powers, August 5, 2007, posted by blackmax
    *  - Protect America Act Sails Through Congress, August 1-4, 2007, posted by Paul
    *  - Rehnquist Becomes Chief Justice; Misled Congress in Confirmation Hearings, September 26, 1986, posted by blackmax
    *  - Former NSA Analyst Slams NSA’s Domestic Surveillance Program, May 16, 2006, posted by blackmax
    *  - Supreme Court Justice Says US Keeps Repeating Same Civil Liberties Mistakes, 1987, posted by blackmax
    *  - Historian Decries Bush Record on Civil Liberties, April 21, 2006, posted by blackmax
    *  - Former House Majority Leader Warns Against Sacrifice of Freedoms in War Against Terror, December 6, 2002, posted by blackmax
    *  - Nixon Approves ‘Huston Plan’ for Domestic Surveillance, July 14, 1970, posted by blackmax
    *  - Ashcroft Denies Conflict of Interest in $52 Million Deal with Justice Department, March 11, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - House Judiciary Committee Files Lawsuit to Compel White House Testimony, March 10, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Military Commissions Act ‘Unnecessary,’ ‘Abusive,’ Says Human Rights Watch, October 9, 2006, posted by blackmax
    *  - Hoekstra, Republicans Claim Democrats Put Trial Lawyers, Global Warming before National Security, February 25-26, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Amnesty International: Military Commissions Act Turns ‘Bad Executive Policy into Bad Law’, September 28, 2006, posted by blackmax
    *  - Reporter: Bush Tried to Quash Wiretapping Story ‘Because It Would Reveal Him as a Law-Breaker’, December 21, 2005, posted by blackmax
    *  - Dean: Protect America Act a Presidential Power Grab, August 10, 2007, posted by blackmax
    *  - Historian Reminds Americans of Lincoln’s Warnings against Unilateral Presidential War Powers, June 28, 2003, posted by blackmax
    *  - House Holds Miers, Bolten in Contempt, February 14, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Civil Liberties Groups Demand Explanation for Border Searches, February 7, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - US Citizens Harassed by Customs, 2007, posted by blackmax
    *  - Bush Insists on Telecom Immunity, Claims Democrats Put Trial Lawyers before Nation’s Safety, February 23, 2008, posted by KJF
    *  - Mukasey Refuses to Refer Contempt Citations to Grand Jury, February 29, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Nixon Aide Receives Martial Law Proclamations, December 1968, posted by blackmax
    *  - McConnell, Mukasey: Law’s Expiration Costing the Government Needed Terrorist Intelligence, February 22, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Mukasey, McConnell Admit that US Receiving Same Intelligence as before PAA Lapse, February 23, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - CIA Also Using National Security Letters, Agency Documents Reveal, January 25, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Gonzales Says Framers of Constitution Intended ‘Strong Presidency,’ but Is Accused of Misrepresentation, May 22, 2002, posted by blackmax
    *  - National Intelligence Chief Admits Legislation Primarily Needed to Protect Telecom Firms, Not the Nation, February 15-17, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Infant Dies While in Homeland Security Detention, February 12, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - FBI Alerts Business Community About Terrorist Threat, but Not Elected Officials, November 1, 2001, posted by blackmax
    *  - ACLU Warns that InfraGard May Train Private Citizens to Be ‘Surrogates’ for FBI, August 2004, posted by blackmax
    *  - Mueller Urges InfraGard Members to Inform FBI of ‘Suspicious Activities’ and ‘Disgruntled Employees’, August 9, 2005, posted by blackmax
    *  - Government Includes Informing InfraGard Members in Terror Threat Preparations, February 7, 2003, posted by blackmax
    *  - FBI Uses InfraGard to Train Private Citizens to Cooperate with Government, Potentially Enforce Martial Law, 1996-2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Protect America Act Expires, Congress Does Not Yet Grant Immunity to Telecoms, February 16, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - New Surveillance Laws Would Allow NSA to ‘Filter,’ Monitor Domestic Phone, Internet Traffic, February 5, 2008, posted by blackmax
    *  - Wiretaps Resuming ‘For the Time Being’, February 23, 2008, posted by blackmax

--------------------

Edited by Cognitive_Shift (09/12/08 03:50 PM)

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
Re: The Military "Draft" Thread. [Re: thekwazz]
    #8919241 - 09/12/08 03:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Crasher said:
Prove it.

Quote:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale