Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
I'm folding my laundry...
    #8915720 - 09/11/08 10:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

For the first time in months.
Usually I just leave everything all crumpled in the laundry basket or car or wherever it is until I need/want to wear something.

But I'm gonna try and get my shit organized at school. You know, semi-clean room, clothes in drawers and closets, actually unpack for once instead of leaving everything in the car until I need it. I wonder how long I can last.

--------------------
!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
Re: I'm folding my laundry... [Re: jewunit]
    #8915768 - 09/11/08 10:57 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I give my laundry to a nice Korean couple and get it back folded and stacked as a perfect rectangle, shrink-wrapped.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #8915769 - 09/11/08 10:57 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'm always out of the laundromat in seconds flat.  Just throw that shit straight from the dryer to my clothes thingy and haul it out.

I don't separate my lights/darks either.

Oh snap!

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: I'm folding my laundry... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8915787 - 09/11/08 11:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I don't know why people do. I've never  had my fucking socks turn pink, so why should I bother separating that shit?

OMR: Now that is a fucking service. My dad would probably do that shit for me but I'd rather not be pampered by my father at 20 when I have no actual responsibilities in the world.

--------------------
!

InvisibleSassy
wanna lick the wrapper
Female

Loc: South Carolina
    #8915796 - 09/11/08 11:03 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I have. It made me want to cry. I'm so OCD about my laundry... except, I went through this whole "I'm going to wash every last thing I own, all at once stage"... needless to say a large amount of my clothes are 'dirty', now laying in a giant pile on the floor, torn from the trash bags I moved them in. I hate moving into a new place. It feels like it takes forever to get anything settled. (Probably because I'm lazy.)

--------------------
<@Pnutbot> I haven't seen tupac, Impala

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: I'm folding my laundry... [Re: Sassy]
    #8915821 - 09/11/08 11:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Moving really is the absolute worst.
Especially when I know I have to move in 9 months (or 2 weeks like this transition between summer apartment and school.)
This is one of the few reasons I plan on remaining in Columbus semi-permanently once I get there tomorrow.

--------------------
!

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8915824 - 09/11/08 11:09 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I never do laundry until I run out of socks.

I can live with dirty jeans, but I must have clean socks.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #8915835 - 09/11/08 11:12 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Boxers you sicks fuck.

I have so many socks and cheap t-shirts because I go to Finish Line on campus every now and then if I want to put off laundry for a few more weeks.

--------------------
!

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8915841 - 09/11/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You one-and-done with the boxers? Never stretch em out?

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

InvisibleSassy
wanna lick the wrapper
Female

#8915847 - 09/11/08 11:15 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Haha, see I should do that more often. Socks are so ridiculously expensive, and I don't wear shoes that require them. But winter is coming soon, so I will have to... damn it. I don't buy cheap underwear though, I'm SUPER fucking picky about what I wear, material especially.

--------------------

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: I'm folding my laundry... [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8915856 - 09/11/08 11:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This is going to be one of those moments like when Dante admitted to trying to suck his own dick, but yes, on the rare occasion I do.

If the boxers don't smell, don't feel stale, I'm not actually going anywhere or doing anything on that day, and I know the first time they were worn it was an inactive day then I'll double 'em up. But that's rare.

Sassy: I wear sandals pretty much all the time, unless the snow is too high. But I'm known to wear socks with sandals so that's pretty moot.

--------------------
!

Offlinegcxeno
Stranger
Male

#8915899 - 09/11/08 11:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Now see if I had some decent clothing that really warranted a clean after every time I wore them, then yes I most certainly would. I'm more worried about what I wash my clothes with, rather than what I do with them when they're finished.

Seriously do you know what they put in that shit?! (Environmental/Activist plug!! Haha)

InvisibleSassy
wanna lick the wrapper
Female

Re: I'm folding my laundry... [Re: gcxeno]
    #8915919 - 09/11/08 11:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Socks and sandals, haha. I'm either wearing flip flops, or I'm at work... and I'm wearing crocs then, because I work in a restaurant/bar and as ugly as they are, they're damn comfortable.

--------------------

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8915923 - 09/11/08 11:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I wear my crocs all the time.

It's pretty embarrassing, because they're big and blue and look like smurf shoes.

But they are so comfortable.

--------------------

InvisibleSassy
wanna lick the wrapper
Female

#8915928 - 09/11/08 11:40 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Mine are blue! I also have the smaller mary jane style ones, which I have been forced into wearing the past week because I left my regular ones in the car, and they shrunk... like SERIOUSLY shrunk. South Carolina summers = way too hot.

--------------------

InvisibleantiPock
fighting entropy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sol 3
    #8915993 - 09/11/08 11:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

In the good old days I never folder laundry. In fact, I never took them out of the dryer - I just dressed from whatever was in there. (My girlfriend loved that lol)
Now my stupid job requires me to dress nicely. Not very befitting for a true IT guy but this is my lot for now anyway; at least I dont have to wear a fucking tie though - those are just wrong. However, sometimes I am even forced to iron :mad2:

Left to my own devices I would only wear rumpled t-shirts and shorts, though I am a stickler for clean socks and underwear. When I lived at the beach back East (in North Cackalacky) even shoes were optional. Now my feet are all tender because I don't go everywhere barefoot. Pretending to be an "adult" sucks. :sad:

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
    #8915994 - 09/11/08 11:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I bought a new toothbrush today because it was orange and blue (gotta rep your home town when you're at school, ya know?), and god damn is it nice. Little tongue scrubby guy, nice grip. I've been using those shitty ass toothbrushes the dentist gives me after appointments for years. Hot damn why didn't I get this thing sooner?

On another note I also got some body wash shit that's blood red, it's very funny to use.

--------------------
!

InvisibleantiPock
fighting entropy
Male User Gallery

#8916015 - 09/12/08 12:02 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
I bought a new toothbrush today because it was orange and blue (gotta rep your home town when you're at school, ya know?), and god damn is it nice. Little tongue scrubby guy, nice grip. I've been using those shitty ass toothbrushes the dentist gives me after appointments for years. Hot damn why didn't I get this thing sooner?

On another note I also got some body wash shit that's blood red, it's very funny to use.

non sequitar ? I confused.

Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Re: I'm folding my laundry... [Re: antiPock]
    #8916019 - 09/12/08 12:04 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't really want to start a new thread for it.

--------------------
!

InvisibleantiPock
fighting entropy
Male User Gallery

#8916024 - 09/12/08 12:05 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
I didn't really want to start a new thread for it.

considering your average pub thread, I say go for it!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]