Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
thinking about a PS3
    #8898520 - 09/08/08 08:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm thinking about picking up a PS3 but I'm unsure if I should shell out the extra money for the larger HD.

opinions?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Loc: SOLARIS
Re: thinking about a PS3 [Re: CosmicFool]
    #8902263 - 09/09/08 01:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I have an 80 gig. It's top notch. Ive never heard any relevant complaints about the ps3. Just do it, you'll love it.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: thinking about a PS3 [Re: Jack Albertson]
    #8903322 - 09/09/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

at this point your actually better off just wanting 6months-1year.  it won't be to much longer before they release a new sku thats actually better not worse...well i hope so anyway.  plus most of the good games are still a freakin year away almost.  there's some good games coming no doubt, but you might as well wait till next chrismas and get it all at discount

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineWhiteBunny
How deep doesthe rabbit hole go?
 User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: thinking about a PS3 [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #8903378 - 09/09/08 05:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Craigs list you can pick up the system for $250.  There are so many ad's out there just fire off those e-mails, someone will need the $.

WB

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: thinking about a PS3 [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #8903487 - 09/09/08 06:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

makaveli8x8 said:
at this point your actually better off just wanting 6months-1year.  it won't be to much longer before they release a new sku thats actually better not worse...well i hope so anyway.  plus most of the good games are still a freakin year away almost.  there's some good games coming no doubt, but you might as well wait till next chrismas and get it all at discount

i dont buy anything but quality games. I have like 8 games, and have plans to buy more soon. There are more than enough GREAT ps3 titles to keep you interested.

--------------------
Man is timid and apologetic; he is no longer upright; he dares not say "I think," "I am," but quotes some saint or sage. He is ashamed before the blade of grass or the blowing rose.Man postpones or remembers; he does not live in the present, but with reverted eye laments the past, or, heedless of the riches that surround him, stands on tiptoe to foresee the future. He cannot be happy and strong until he too lives with nature in the present, above time
TRANSCEND

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#8903566 - 09/09/08 06:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i thought that too a few months ago but then i realized i was sadly mistaken :frown:  maybe my attention span is smaller than most peoples :shrug:  tho im mostly talking about exclusives here

ive already played and beat most of the triple A titles...which sux.  there's still a few i havn't played tho because they are such short games the video stores won't even rent them...not worth there time and money because people beat them so fast:(

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #8904276 - 09/09/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I love my PS3.  Buy the 60gig model if you can find it.  It has hardware emulation for PS2 games, not software emulation.  I've yet to find a PS2 game that my 60gig won't run flawlessly where I've heard them having issues with the software emulation.  But maybe somebody else knows more about it then me.

Anyway, I say again...I love my PS3.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

OfflineNiCKh609
Warrior
Male

Loc: America
Re: thinking about a PS3 [Re: ToTheSummit]
    #8904284 - 09/09/08 08:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

PS3 doesnt have that much more in graphics then a 360. if you have the HDMI cables for 360 the HD is MAD nice too. And 360 is cheaper, has a wider variety oh games, its more spacelly, less heavy. The only thing PS3 has on 360 is free online... but thats y 360's online is better.

--------------------
Combustion?... is that the ability to cum on spencers mothers bust?" - Kenny Hotz

I have never grown or takin any illegal drugs.

Easiest Cloning Tek"

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: thinking about a PS3 [Re: NiCKh609]
    #8905986 - 09/10/08 08:32 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NiCKh609 said:
PS3 doesnt have that much more in graphics then a 360. if you have the HDMI cables for 360 the HD is MAD nice too. And 360 is cheaper, has a wider variety oh games, its more spacelly, less heavy. The only thing PS3 has on 360 is free online... but thats y 360's online is better.

:lol: it's the price it should have been all along. Im sure you'll end up spending more than you ever would on a ps3. Buying replacement consoles and what not :lol:

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Re: thinking about a PS3 [Re: NiCKh609]
    #8907442 - 09/10/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I can't stand XBOX so that's out of the question.

--------------------

OfflineNiCKh609
Warrior
Male

Loc: America
    #8908883 - 09/10/08 07:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jack Albertson said:
Quote:

NiCKh609 said:

:lol: it's the price it should have been all along. Im sure you'll end up spending more than you ever would on a ps3. Buying replacement consoles and what not :lol:

stoll costs more. nd if you spend 20$ on an intercool, or you get elite, you wont need any replacements. and the replacements are free

--------------------
Combustion?... is that the ability to cum on spencers mothers bust?" - Kenny Hotz

I have never grown or takin any illegal drugs.

Easiest Cloning Tek"

Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

#8910633 - 09/11/08 01:16 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicFool said:
I can't stand XBOX so that's out of the question.

why?

it's all about the games anyways.  and like somebody else pointed out PS3 just doesn't have the games.

sony shot themselves in the foot with their arrogance and lost all of their exclusive developers.  seems most of 'em have found their way to xbox.  there are quite a few great games already out on the xbox, and it seems there are many more on the horizon.

--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

Re: thinking about a PS3 [Re: two_rivers]
    #8911177 - 09/11/08 07:14 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Everyone always talks about these exclusive titles like theyre actually worth a shit. Leave it up to microsoft to buy a license and run it into the goddamn ground. It was the same situation with the original xbox.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

#8912325 - 09/11/08 12:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Jack Albertson said:
Everyone always talks about these exclusive titles like theyre actually worth a shit. Leave it up to microsoft to buy a license and run it into the goddamn ground. It was the same situation with the original xbox.

what are you talking about?

a console is really only as good as it's first and second party developers.

what licenses has microsoft run into the ground?

and it wasn't really the same situation with the original xbox at all... the original box struggled to get exclusives.. especially from the japanese developers because they didn't think this new console would last...

but now the 360 has picked up quite a few of those japenese developers and they have jumped ship directly from sony.

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#8913128 - 09/11/08 03:36 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

#8913564 - 09/11/08 05:05 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

eh.. i guess it's a silly argument because it's a matter of taste.

but i'm not gonna let that stop me! :rofl:

because personally, i do see a lot of awesome games on that list...

Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Beautiful Katamari
Blue Dragon
Blue Dragon 2
Fable II
Gears of War 2
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2
Halo 3
Halo Wars
Halo: Chronicles
Lost Odyssey
Star Ocean: The Last Hope
Tales of Vesperia
Viva Piñata: Party Animals
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

plus there are some on that list that aren't mentioned.

no.. not all of the games on the list are good... there are plenty of crap games... i never said exclusive = good.

but, take a look at sony's exclusives, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games

i was tough pressed to find 2 or 3 exclusive games i'd be interested in playing.

it's no secret though that when sony decided to charge 600 bucks for a console and nobody bought it, that their exclusive developers migrated towards the 360.

the ps2 thrived on their exclusive titles like final fantasy, grand theft auto, star ocean, etc... sony lost all of that.

maybe you are just one of the bitter ps3 users that bought a 600 dollar console and fight nail and teeth to justify your poorly thought out purchase?

--------------------

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#8913640 - 09/11/08 05:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hahaha poorly thought out purchase eh? You get what you pay for. Ps3 is just a superior system, and sony has always has superior titles. Im so bitter that i havent had to replace my console. Im so bitter about my blu ray player. Im so bitter that my system is more powerful. The games you picked out of that list are a bunch of repeats. And halo is a joke of a franchise. You just keep paying to play online, clearly you can see that in the long run youre paying more for an inferior system. Bill Gates is laughing at you, and so am i. :ilold:

--------------------
TRANSCEND

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

#8913659 - 09/11/08 05:22 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

XBOX to me has never stood out. It seems like Microsoft does the bare minimum to get by without bringing anything new to the table.

While Nintendo and Sony are trying new things Microsoft gives us more of the same. They took the two things they were already good at (online and graphics) and focused on that.

Right now they have the biggest game library but it's at the cost of quality and it was the same last generation. And as far as exclusives go I don't even care about XBOX. I can name 4 I was interested in; Halo, Perfect Dark, Ninja Giaden, Fable and they've already ruined the first 2.

--------------------

OfflineToTheSummit
peregrinus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Las Vegas
    #8913671 - 09/11/08 05:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

two_rivers said:
eh.. i guess it's a silly argument because it's a matter of taste.

Shoulda stopped right there. :tongue:

Personally, I think it will always be just a mater of personal preference.  Myself, I have always hated the x-box controller.  It is clunky and unmanageable and never felt right to me.  As far as games go, theres plenty of great games for either system to justify a purchase.  Theres a few xbox exclusives I'd like to  have access to, but nothing I can't live without.  And the one game that has had the most replay value for me of any game I have ever owned on any console is a PS3 exclusive.  I'm sure thats just a coincidence, but it is a fact.

Oh, and Blu-ray won the hi-def battle.  Thats a point in the PS3 corner, as is free on-line play.

--------------------
You invented the wheel....You push the motherfucker!!

InvisibleJack Albertson
bismillah rahmani rahim
Male User Gallery

#8913972 - 09/11/08 06:04 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

CosmicFool said:
XBOX to me has never stood out. It seems like Microsoft does the bare minimum to get by without bringing anything new to the table.

While Nintendo and Sony are trying new things Microsoft gives us more of the same. They took the two things they were already good at (online and graphics) and focused on that.

Right now they have the biggest game library but it's at the cost of quality and it was the same last generation. And as far as exclusives go I don't even care about XBOX. I can name 4 I was interested in; Halo, Perfect Dark, Ninja Giaden, Fable and they've already ruined the first 2.

Perfect dark was a TRAVESTY. I'd play the n64 version for the rest of my life, as long as i never had to play that sequal. Microsoft are a bunch of thieves, they came out with that terrible controller which was a frankenstein of stolen ideas. Only to make the controller s, a BLATENT dual shock rip off.

--------------------
TRANSCEND

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom