Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleLibertycapper
Doctor Banner
 User Gallery

Loc: British Columbia Flag
Can vermiculite hold contams?
    #8908341 - 09/10/08 05:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

hey fellow growers
just wondering if vermiculite goes bad? i had a bag about half full from this oast spring and i used it this past week and when i opened the next bag of identical verm i bought at the same time i noticed it was a little different in coulour. the reason i ask is cause i just had to chuck 16 jars that had contams and the only other problem may be the syringes i used. they were from a reputable vendor but again, i didnt make them and the only contam problems ive ever encountered have come from bought syringes and not my own. im trying to expand the number of varieties in my print collection so i can propogate at will but am getting frustrated at having only 2 of 5 new syringes actually not be contaminated! anyway, im hoping it was the verm and not the spores cause i still have two syringes to try--malabar and b+

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Can vermiculite hold contams? [Re: Libertycapper]
    #8908355 - 09/10/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

It wasn't the verm since you sterilized it when you sterilized the rest of the contents of the jars.

Verm doesn't go bad-it's a mineral.  It will however, harbor contaminant spores if the bag has been open for awhile, so if using it for the roll, you should bake it on a cookie sheet for half an hour or so to kill any spores.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures