Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleMilletV
--intransition--

Loc: Rockies
Re: Any Ideas on How to Filter My House Heating System [Re: Joshua]
    #893983 - 09/19/02 06:05 PM (19 years, 4 days ago)

One thing I forgot to mention, I put 10 mil plastic over the carpet and seal it to the baseboards with silicone adhesive.

Keeps the dust down in the room, allowing the hepa to do its job. Dont wear shoes in there either.

MM

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Any Ideas on How to Filter My House Heating System [Re: BlueJay]
    #894789 - 09/20/02 01:31 AM (19 years, 4 days ago)

Hmmm....do you have any references? I think it may be region specific. I personally have noted a drastic decrease in airborne contamination.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflinePeanuthead
Stranger
    #905603 - 09/24/02 10:52 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Hi, I'm new here. =)
okie dokie, i ain't been here in a LONGGGG time, well over a year, hehe, first time being in these forums, haven't tried growing shrooms in over a year, but I just moved and plan on doing so again shortly.

okay that being said, I do work in commercial/industrial hvac maintenance/cleaning (duct cleaning).  a few questions, how long have you been living there, and i'm assuming you've never gotten your a/c and furnace units cleaned? if it's been more than 2 years you may wanna get them done (probably cost ya around 250 if you get it done by someone on the side, companies will charge you like 400 or sometimes more tho.) and if you do pay to get it done, don't let them fuck you, because ALOT of them do that to people, because you have no way of actually seeing inside your ducts, ya know?

if you dont get it done, i'd go pick up a better filter for your furnace.  and when ya do that, you may as well take a vac and clean out the furnace (if the furnace is dirty your ductwork is definitely dirty), and just take off your vents and try to vac in your ducts as much as ya can.  you can put filters over your vents but as someone else said, the furnace filters you see at kmart and shit really suck.

Keep your carpets as clean as possible, there's actually more dirt in your carpets than there is in your ducts.

anyways, sorry for rambling.  :frown:

OfflineDrummer
CelestialMechanic
Male

Loc: SE Michigan
    #921215 - 09/30/02 09:32 PM (18 years, 11 months ago)

Since the local grow room was in the vicinity of the furnace, what they had done was got a roll of 15' plastic. This allowed them create a plastic bubble, because the plastic encompassed the entire area with minimal seams. The seams were of course taped off with duct tape. Around the opening the plastic is bunched together and velcroed. The bunching causes overlap which hopefully will keep the contams out as much as possible. Since this room is sealed rather well, a quick spray of lysol will leave you gagging for quite some time, so a HEPA will be made, and cut into the plastic. Hopefully this will create a balooning effect which will push air out of the opening which will further reduce the chances of contaminates coming in.
If you would like to do something of this nature, there is plenty of plastic left.

--------------------
People don't want other people to get high, because if you get high, you might see the falsity of the fabric of the society we live in.

-Ken Kesey

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
Re: Any Ideas on How to Filter My House Heating System [Re: Drummer]
    #921507 - 10/01/02 03:33 AM (18 years, 11 months ago)

I could only find 10' rolls, a 15' roll would have been nice.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder