Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Weed Shrooms
    #890508 - 09/18/02 08:38 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Eyeballed a small EQ casing of dung/straw that had started to pin a short while ago. Today they are about an inch tall. Along with normal "classic" EQ pins, in the middle of the casing is a single (stand alone) shroom that looks completly differant than the others.

It is darker, much more dense, had sort of stripes up its trunk & seemed almost like it had course short whisker like hair growing off the trunk. But, it sure looked like some type P.C. strain.

So, just for the hell of it, the Raccoon tenderly took ahold of its base & wiggled it.

The little mystery shroom didnt appear to be attached to the actual substrate. But, rather -- appeared to have grown from a rizo base about 3/4 inch in diameter BETWEEN the fully colonized - dense substrate & verm, peat, coir top casing.

Then, the Raccon gently wiggled one of the classic looking EQ?s. It definantly was firmly attached to the substrate & growing out of it.

Again, the Raccoon gently wiggled the mystery Shroom & this time it lifted right out of the casing material (oop?s). Sorry, now I didnt take a pic.

I suppose this mystery Shroom was the Raccons first WEED Shroom.  :shocked:

I just wonder where the little strange bugger came from & how it got in that casing & grew the way it did. In hindsight, now I wish I would have let it grow out, to see what the hell it would have developed into. :blush:

6T :tongue:

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: Weed Shrooms [Re: SixTango]
    #890880 - 09/18/02 11:59 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sixtango, are you saying it's possilbe for a different mushroom species to contaminate your culture and grow it's own species? I find that so highly unlikely, but it's the only thing I can think of for weed shroom. It would have been really neat to see a pic of it... perhaps it was just grown different?

I looked at an EQ patch today, I found three mushrooms that were tall and thin, like a pan cyan... The stems were thin and brittle, in fact you could hold the mushroom up to a light and actually seen through it! The mushroom cap was so thin that it broke apart into thin hairs, distinguished by each individual gill... It was a very odd looking mushroom that my freind grew...

InvisibleSixTango
Mycota

Loc: A little North of Paradis...
Re: Weed Shrooms [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #891028 - 09/18/02 01:16 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Sorry-- that I didn't get a picture (imagine a Raccoon -- hitting himself in the head & chasing his tail in circles).

I'm not saying that this is a weed shroom. I just never saw anything -- quite like it.

I just thought it might have been a differing species & "maybe" came in the casing mix via a spore (except it was pasturized).

It looked so differant & did not realy grow out of the EQ colonized substrate.

Oh Well. anything like that happens again. The Raccoon will get pics & will not be jerking it out.

6T :tongue: 

--------------------
~whiskey river rafting, hot tubbing, dirty dancing & spending money on - wild women - having fun & just gonna waste the rest~

OfflineShaw
hick

Loc: midwest, usa
    #892034 - 09/18/02 09:49 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

you could have cloned it and made a culture to find out what it was.

--------------------

Invisibledurban_poison
myco contractor
    #892234 - 09/18/02 11:24 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I know a guy who has problems with inkys invading. This all happened when he brought horse crap in that had inkys on it the the spores took over from there apparently.

OfflineShaw
hick

Loc: midwest, usa
Re: Weed Shrooms [Re: durban_poison]
    #893117 - 09/19/02 11:16 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

commertial growers have problems with weed mushrooms. My pasturization methods have frequently let seeds get through alive, so i don't think it's impossible for mushroom spores or mucelial cells to get through.

--------------------

OfflineSeril
Stranger

Loc: PNW
    #893818 - 09/19/02 04:39 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Very possible,
and in fact has happened to someone close to me twice.

Fruits from a single spore germination?
quite possible.

--------------------
Seril,
Political language -true of all political parties- is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give solidity to pure wind..

OfflineFatSean
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #906020 - 09/25/02 01:44 AM (14 years, 2 months ago)

The same thing happened to me, only I was growing cakes. There was a little patch of verm in the middle of my terrarium that was uncolonized. It got there because I was slamming down a stuborn jar to get the cake out (hehe). Anyway, later I noticed that there was a single mushroom growing off of that verm. There was no mycellium, just verm and perlite. I picked it up, and all that was on the bottom was a single clump of verm with no mycellium. It looked a lot different than the B+ I was growing. It had a green transluscent cap and it was very small. I thought maybe it was contaminated. I showed it to a friend before I was going to throw it out, and he said "the fucked up ones are the best, keep it I'll eat it". So it dried with the rest, and he ate it without being sick. I still don't think its a cubie... Wait I think I have a pic.

If you want to see it clearer, check out my gallery for the thumbnail.

Think it was a cubie?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Peat, Perlite, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Advanced Mycology