Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Global warming is like a Nigerian email scam
    #8897435 - 09/08/08 05:18 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Only fools believe the global warming scam.

By Dr. William J.R. Alexander, Professor Emeritus of the Department of Civil and Biosystems Engineering at the University of Pretoria in South Africa and a former member of the United Nations Scientific and Technical Committee on Natural Disasters.
South African Scientist: 'Climate alarmist theory has collapsed' - Compares Climate Models to the Nigerian e-mail scams
Dr. Alexander’s Key Quote: “I have no more faith in global climate model (GCM) predictions than I have in all those emails from Nigeria advising me that I have won the Lotto, or those proposals from rich widows in Dubai who have just lost their husbands, or from the less frequent emails from my bank asking for details of my banking account. These GCMs are mathematical dinosaurs.”

Excerpt: These alarmist predictions have backfired. Environmental extremism, and now plain terrorism, is causing tremendous damage to the image of science. It is exacerbated by the failure of conscientious scientists to raise the alarm. Remaining silent is a deliberate decision for which they can be held accountable. […] Climate alarmist theory has collapsed. Where did they get it wrong? The answer is simple. They boarded the wrong vehicle (process models) and headed in the wrong direction (they ignored the road signs). To put it simply, their models replicate the complex atmospheric and oceanic processes and their interactions. For given input assumptions they produce a single set of outputs. The models are fundamentally incapable of detecting changes in these processes. This is why the IPCC has been in existence for 20 years. It has yet to produce statistically believable evidence of progressive climate changes in sub-continental Africa or elsewhere. The best that they can do is to produce model projections of unverifiable and therefore unchallengeable consequences. This is also why it has to resort to terrorist approaches based on mathematical models instead of an analysis of real world observations. It is intended to create media attention ahead of the Accra conference. The Royal Society adopted the same tactics ahead of the Nairobi conference two years ago. I have no more faith in global climate model (GCM) predictions than I have in all those emails from Nigeria advising me that I have won the Lotto, or those proposals from rich widows in Dubai who have just lost their husbands, or from the less frequent emails from my bank asking for details of my banking account. These GCMs are mathematical dinosaurs. Modern laptops are not only more efficient but they are more understandable. The public no longer have to rely on the edicts of the high priests with their questionable objectives and lack of real world knowledge and experiences. The model-based predictions of the inundation of parts of Cape Town and the Cape Peninsula by rising sea levels are an example.

http://co2sceptics.com/news.php?id=1724

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: Global warming is like a Nigerian email scam [Re: Luddite]
    #8897448 - 09/08/08 05:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #8897464 - 09/08/08 05:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

InvisibleLuddite
I watch Fox News
 User Gallery

Re: Global warming is like a Nigerian email scam [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8897557 - 09/08/08 05:43 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

A former KGB agent in Estonia is trying to hack my computer.  The Russian government has been taken over by a small group of former KGB agents led by Putin.  They're taking over everything in Russia.  They invaded Georgia as part of their plan to shut down the one pipeline that bypasses Russia and provides oil for Europe.

92.62.100.0 - 92.62.100.255
Starline Web Services

Viktor Norin
Pae 21
Tallinn
Estonia
+3726370911

OfflineJustice_Fish
Fustice_Jish
Male

Loc: CebèuQ
    #8897869 - 09/08/08 06:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Luddite said:
A former KGB agent in Estonia is trying to hack my computer.  The Russian government has been taken over by a small group of former KGB agents led by Putin.  They're taking over everything in Russia.  They invaded Georgia as part of their plan to shut down the one pipeline that bypasses Russia and provides oil for Europe.

92.62.100.0 - 92.62.100.255
Starline Web Services

Viktor Norin
Pae 21
Tallinn
Estonia
+3726370911

Back to topic...

Should we still need to think green? The answer is obvious. But I'm still confused. I'd like to see when this scientist will be on tv.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Global warming is like a Nigerian email scam [Re: Justice_Fish]
    #8897873 - 09/08/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'd like to see Luddite on TV :yesnod:

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Global warming is like a Nigerian email scam [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8897911 - 09/08/08 06:52 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

luddites and technology? the world would implode

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
    #8897919 - 09/08/08 06:54 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Either save the planet or light the fucking atmosphere on fire.

I'm happy both ways.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder