Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Loc: the land of excess
jar condensation, and more n00b stuff.... help me
    #889703 - 09/17/02 08:56 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Right, this being someone's(not me) 1st grow and all....
someone(not me) has a few n00b-a-licious questions for all of ya.....

1st off
colonization times..... all 20 jars were innoculated on the 8th of this month...
10 EQ
10 MAZ

now its 10 days later
out of the EQ's only 5 show any signs of growth, and any growth they show is small and at 1 point of innouclation only....
but
all 10 of the MAZ are showing growth, although one seems to be contaminated by some white stuff (its growing FAST.. started from the verm barrier, and seems too powdery to be myc growth)
and out of the 9 maz showing growth 6 have growth at all 4 points 3 have 2 points and under....

so, now that u know the background.. what would be causing this delayed growth? espically in the EQs? why is it that on some jars only a few points show growth?
these were syringes from a shroomery vendor

and if these points NEVER germinate, will the myc on the other side of the jar be able to catch up and colonize the whole thing?

Question 2.....
water condensation.....
it seems that the jars that have the most growth are starting to exibit water condensation over the myc.
how much is too much?
will it totally fuxxor the jar?
what can be dont to remedy it?

i didnt tape up the holes on my jars, i just have some foil covering the innoculation holes....
will flipping the jars help any?
i know PF says to loosen the lids on the jars, but mine are screwed on FUCKING TIGHT, and i dont want to introduce any contams by trying to get the bands off...\
should i just loosen the lids?
or should i not worry about the condensation?

thanks
[hyp]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekykeon
Dead wishes

Loc: A universe right next to ...
Re: jar condensation, and more n00b stuff.... help me [Re: hyper_dermic]
    #889789 - 09/17/02 10:35 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i will try to answer some of your questions:

>> colonization times.....

for me it takes 5-6 days until i see first sign of mycelium and then it may need up to two weeks to fully colonize it

>> although one seems to be contaminated by some white stuff (its growing FAST.. started from the verm barrier, and seems too powdery to be myc growth)

it seems as contamination... dont let it too close to the other jars until decide to toss it away

>> what would be causing this delayed growth?

a zillion reasons. thats why you prepare many cakes :wink:

>> and if these points NEVER germinate, will the myc on the other side of the jar be able to catch up and colonize the whole thing?

yeap! the mycelium will colonize all the food it can find. of course, if there is a contam on the other side, there is a hope that the mycelium will win the fight

Kykeon  :grin:
athens, greece

--------------------
The living ghost of Kykeon

OfflineSwondPooping
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Female
Loc: third drawer from the top...
    #890496 - 09/18/02 06:35 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

Question 2.....
water condensation.....
it seems that the jars that have the most growth are starting to exibit water condensation over the myc.
how much is too much?
will it totally fuxxor the jar?
what can be dont to remedy it?

this is normal, all my jars have done it so far, and none of them have been in bad shape. I doubt that you will see an increase of the amount of moisture that is in there over what was there to begin with. It most likely will not fuxxor the jar, and don't worry about remedying it until you are ready to birth the cakes, then you can decide if you want to dunk them before birthing or let them flush once first. This is a personal preference that you will be able to make easier with more experience.

good luck to you

pc

K

--------------------
^Pure Fiction^
The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Re: jar condensation, and more n00b stuff.... help me [Re: SwondPooping]
    #891483 - 09/18/02 03:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks alot for the help guys....
i would be a stress case if it wasnt for this board....

[hyp]

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
    #891497 - 09/18/02 03:36 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

"if there is a contam on the other side, there is a hope that the mycelium will win the fight"

yes but wont the contams release toxins meanwhile and the mycellumn absorb the toxins? meaning when you eat the shrooms, the toxins that the contams left behind may make you ill?

Offlinehyper_dermic
stranger withcandy

Re: jar condensation, and more n00b stuff.... help me [Re: LSAuser]
    #891511 - 09/18/02 03:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

perhaps, perhaps not..... if the contam is small enuff, and the mycellum eats it up... i wouldnt be too worried about it....

but theres no way in hell the myc. is gonna eat up the shit in my jar... its already taken over 1/2 the jar in 11 dayst... shit i should check up on it today, its probably grown arms and a face by now........

[hyp]

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds