Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord
Loc: A Church
Re: Don't support Islamic Palestine [Re: Seuss]
    #8903400 - 09/09/08 05:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
but I have yet to find somebody that is left leaning that is able to distance their own opinion from the duties of moderation.  If you guys have suggestions, I am all ears, but remember, it is a very difficult job.  Censorship works both ways!

:mad:

Zouden, Evan or Supernovasky would be great Left-Leaning mod candidates IMHO, also they don't seem like the type that would abuse power, never seen any of them flame:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblezorbman
blarrr
Male

Re: Don't support Islamic Palestine [Re: Chemy]
    #8903414 - 09/09/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Supernovasky would make a fine mod. :thumbup:

I don't know enough about the other two to offer an informed opinion.

--------------------
“The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought.”  -- Rudiger Dornbusch

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Don't support Islamic Palestine [Re: Chemy]
    #8903450 - 09/09/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I'd stand behind any of those three choices.

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Don't support Islamic Palestine [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #8903535 - 09/09/08 06:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Gastronomicus said:

Me too!

Zap and I would end up Perma-Banned and set free from this Addiction!

:smirk:

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

InvisibleMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
Re: Don't support Islamic Palestine [Re: Luddite]
    #8903596 - 09/09/08 06:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Luddite said:
Islam, being a mental illness, is why Palestine has declined, not because of Israel.

:ilold:

too true. but then some would say that about other world religions...

it's a double edged sword i suppose.

--------------------
:gc:
Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #8903636 - 09/09/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
I've noticed a lot of people talking about using the ignore feature.  Great!

honestly, I could give a shit if he does or doesnt, I dont
wanna see anyone banned for trivial crap, I was just adding to
the discussion which even without luddites commentary we
managed to have a little of, in this particular thread it was
'lynch a luddite' so technically the goal was achieved

except the lynching part

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

Re: Don't support Islamic Palestine [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8903644 - 09/09/08 06:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

lonestar2004 said:
Quote:

Gastronomicus said:

Me too!

Zap and I would end up Perma-Banned and set free from this Addiction!

:smirk:

Yeah but then Poli D would be boring as fuck. There'd be no lesser minds to awaken to the glories of Liberalism :grin:

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
    #8904298 - 09/09/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

On Banning: ...

* Repeat offenders who continue to violate policy and/or administrative direction, will be permanently banned.
        * Every user may contest their ban through our Support System. Please include any and all relevant information and links where applicable. While we reserve the right to allow certain users readmittance, do not expect to be given a second chance if you have been perm banned.

Quote:

Post Whores are those who create multiple posts of little or no content, which fail to contribute to the topic at hand, or whom create multiple threads in rapid succession, in effect "flooding" a forum. Post Whores may or may not engage in such behavior to intentionally drive up their post count.

Quote:

When someone gets on the bad side of the community and continues to act out, bringing the wrath of our more vocal members upon themselves and generally becoming a detriment to the health and harmony of the boards, they will be processed in accordance with the On Banning guidelines above."

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1465662/an/0/page/0

If Luddite's behavior doesn't fit with the descriptions in the lower two quotes then no one's does, or ever will.  In fairness, supernovasky and his Palin floodery should have been stopped in accordance with these rules, but wasn't.  Coaster and Supernovasky are both total post whores.  No question.  I've also never seen either one call the other users here losers (and get away with it), or use ethnic slurs.  By the way, if racism directed at other users isn't flaming, nothing is.

Quote:

There are three posters who get more shit thrown at them for their views than any others - zappaisgod, Lonestar, and Luddite. An objective review of the forum makes that abundantly clear.

Quote:

If he posts off-topic stuff, I (or Diploid or maybe even Seuss) will move it to a different forum again.

Apparently, objectivity is subjective.  Zappaisgod throws more shit than any other poster here, yet he's a victim?  Give me a break!  Luddite's whole life purpose seems to be trolling this forum.  You say that off-topic posts will be shut down or moved, yet this thread which is the epitome of off-topic and irrelevant, remains open and in here. 

Quote:

As of yet, the Powers That Be have not decided that threads started by a post with a cut-and-paste quote with no accompanying commentary from the thread starter are to be locked if caught before discussion by respondents ensues. The deal is that only bare links and bare videos warrant insta-locking.

Did Luddite just slap a URL or a video with no commentary of his own? Nope. He cut-and-pasted commentary from a source, then provide a link back to the source (as is required by the forum rules for cut-and-pastes), and neglected to add commentary of his own.

If y'all want to whine that this is a technicality, take it up in Website Announcements and Feedback. I get paid the big bucks to enforce the rules as written.

HA!  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8749484/an/0/page/3 ; Also, that "technicality" is an epic cop-out.

I really enjoy coming here and actually discussing politics with people who are generally pretty informed, unlike most people in the world.  This forum is actually pretty balanced if you ask me.  Try debating at the Daily Kos or Drudge, or whatever.  Of course, I expect many here to lean left..  this is the Shroomery, people.  I appreciate having zappaisgod (in reality, especially zap), lonestar, Phred, John and Seuss around to propagate real debate.  That is the difference here, in my opinion.  These users want to discuss..  Luddite just trolls looking for responses.

If you don't ban Luddite, that is all well and good.  I just want to see more consistency in the moderation of this forum, and probably a review of the rules.  Personally, I think that this discussion is very healthy for this forum, and probably one of the best things that could happen.

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Don't support Islamic Palestine [Re: thedefone]
    #8904437 - 09/09/08 09:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You don't understand the concept of "flaming". Your call for "consistency" is only ever directed at one side of the fence, and you really don't have a very good grasp of the english language if you are unable to distinguish a link from a cut-and-paste block quote. Nor is dissing Islamic terrorists or even Muslims in general "racism directed at other users". You've also demonstrated amply you have no sense of humor. Let me guess... you're a Liberal, right? Political cartoons, jokes, and satirical videos have always been a part of this forum. If that pisses you off, too bad. 

Are some borderline (and even over the edge) comments sometimes overlooked? You bet. Does a thread which might have started with little to no commentary from the original poster ever end up with sufficient commentary from responders by the time a moderator reads it for the first time that it would be stupid to lock or move it? Yup.

If you want every single rule enforced to the letter every single time, with all borderline cases being as harshly interpreted as possible, you won't enjoy posting here, my friend. When you yourself aren't banned, that is.

Most of your complaints aren't with me or Diploid, they're with the tendency of the  Admins to cut people more slack than their official pronouncements of some three years ago indicate will be tolerated. I say again -- this isn't the place to be whining about it. Go to Website Announcements and Feedback or write a support ticket if you feel the rules of the website aren't being enforced to your liking.

The discussion has strayed so far from the original topic of this thread there's no point leaving it open. Hopefully all those who find Luddite a threat to their peace of mind now understand they could have put him on "ignore" long ago.

--------------------

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Don't support Islamic Palestine [Re: Luddite]
    #8904440 - 09/09/08 09:25 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
*click*

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom