Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Loc: S.W. West Virginia
Anxiety Attacks and Shrooms?
    #8890231 - 09/07/08 09:50 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I am 26 yrs old.. served in Iraq in 2003..anyhow ever since I was was discharged in 2004 I have been more angry and stressed and constant mood swings...i used to drink a lot..it helped to drown out all the negative things in my head..that lead to stomach problems so i quit..started smoking pot..and i love it...last year i began to get interested in mushrooms...(all kinds) but my goal was to try "shrooms" i then discovered weilli. Ive tripped several times had one bad trip where all those negative things in my head and possible outcomes seemed to have already happen and i felt like i was gonna pass out several times. Thought it was just a bad trip. I then tripped several times after that prolly 1-2 times a week for a month and half or so...then i had a really bad trip on a fairly small dose,  i felt the left side of my face go numb, i was disoriented shaking, fast heartbeat, didnt last long and actually became a decent body high...anyways the other day i was just sitting around the house and i felt the same thing...with no shrooms..left side of the face went numb, dizzeness, shaking, fast heartbeat...so i called 911....they made be go to the hospital because of high BP and Pulse..they think Post Traumatic Stress....and  they gave me zanax to help...

i tried to dose since then and it just went straight to anxiety attacks...so to my question..Does anyone on here, or know anyone who might deal with something like this????

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

Edited by dickenz07 (09/07/08 09:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMushroomTrip
Dr. Teasy Thighs
Female User Gallery

Loc: red panda village
Re: Anxiety Attacks and Shrooms? [Re: dickenz07]
    #8891025 - 09/07/08 01:46 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well, simply stopping doing any drugs and leaving it at that won't really help as much as it could help if you decided to think about what makes you have these anxiety episodes, what are the thoughts behind those feelings, and what you can do to resolve them. You're the only one to determine what affects you and in which measure, and also you're the only one who can change that for yourself. Of course, you will need time and a lot of patience, but I think that the effort is well worth, because in the end you will become more in touch with who you are, more capable of bringing yourself to emotional independence regarding whatever it is that you feel unhappy and more able to change your emotions from anxiety to to mental peace.
Also, I don't think it's necessary to stop tripping for good, just take your time right now, pay attention to how you feel, and if later on you will feel like tripping, then do it. You can even specifically use psychedelics for therapeutic purposes, since they enhance so much the mood you're in, the state of mind that you have, plus so much of your subconscious - thoughts that you aren't usually so aware of but that can dramatically affect the way you feel in your day to day life. I would also stay away from zanax and anything like that.

As for your face going numb and all that, I would suggest asking a neurologist's opinion, maybe not just one but more, and also do a lot of research of your own. Maybe avoid telling them about taking mushrooms, since they could be inclined to blame it on the drugs without really thinking what could be wrong.

--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

#8891290 - 09/07/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

This seems like a situation in which trauma counselling would be highly beneficial. Having someone who is familiar with Post Traumatic Stress to help talk you through things and figure out what your anxieties are all about and how they are triggered would probably make a major difference over time. It seems like tripping may have brought up alot of repressed emotions that you are now faced with dealing with. It feels terrible but if you think about it, it's actually positive because now all of that is up on the surface ready to be worked through and if you make the effort you will come out of it much better off than if it had just stayed repressed all that time.

Your anxiety is only natural considering the experiences you must have had in Iraq. You can and will get through this if you commit to the process and trust yourself. I would definitly lay off the shrooms for little while at least at this point. You can thank them for bringing to the surface what you were attempting to run from, but there is probably not alot to be gained by just constantly propelling yourself into that space. They may still have a beneficial role to play, but a break would be advisable. I'd suggest leaving them alone until after you feel some progress has been made in counselling, or in your own work to understand and release the causes of your anxiety.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8891566 - 09/07/08 03:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Month long break from all drugs (no alc, no weed, no psychedelics), and then if you're feeling risky try edging into tripping by starting with low doses of shrooms.  The key here is that you'll want to resolve your PTSD and psychological blocks with the new perspective that shrooms give--too high of a dose or too frequent of a use can shred the mind apart with amplified fear, paranoia, and panic attacks.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Anxiety Attacks and Shrooms? [Re: deCypher]
    #8895107 - 09/08/08 07:28 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:
Month long break from all drugs (no alc, no weed, no psychedelics)

I don't think this is the best course of action, at least with the case of marijuana, and with alcohol, depending on how frequently he is using both. Of course, he specifically stated that he stopped drinking alcohol. I definitely think holding off on psychedelics would be a good idea, because they seem to instantly be bringing out negative experiences in a framework from which it is difficult to alter that experience. However, if he has made a regular routine of doing something like marijuana, and he is already having difficult, suffering mental experiences, then it wouldn't make very much sense to simply stop smoking. I really don't think the mind's routine chemical composition is something you flick around like an on/off switch, especially if he has been smoking pot on a regular basis and it doesn't sound like it is the source of the problems. Gradually stopping usage could be a good idea, but gradual is the key word. He doesn't need to make his situation any worse by quitting anything cold turkey - I really don't understand what the benefit from trying to do so would be. :confused:

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Anxiety Attacks and Shrooms? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #8895283 - 09/08/08 08:38 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

It's just that cannabis use has been known to exacerbate anxiety and panic attacks--the stress from quitting cold turkey might be a little unbearable, but I'd say that's worth it in the long run to get a month of good sobriety and reflection on any possible psychological issues that might be at the root of his anxiety attacks.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

#8895340 - 09/08/08 08:58 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I find whenever things aren't going right and am proned to anxiety, that if I want to trip I do acid instead of shrooms.  It seems a lot more bearable.  The pot definitely induces anxiety so if I don't feel up to it I leave it alone.  I don't think that quitting anything for good is the answer, unless that is what you want.  It is all about the way you feel.  If you are having a bad day and don't feel very good about yourself  and don't think that you can handle it, don't do it.  If you are having a good day feeling good about yourself, go for it.  It is all relative.  May I ask what your MOS was in the military?

--------------------
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither, and will lose both.      ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

"Let me tell you about a Porcupine's balls.  They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"  ~Danny~

Edited by Ogre812 (09/08/08 08:59 AM)

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Anxiety Attacks and Shrooms? [Re: Ogre812]
    #8895357 - 09/08/08 09:03 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

There is quite a high instance of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in people who served in Iraq. I was never in the army, but I have PTSD from other things. Ive only had an anxiety attack on shrooms once, but that was with a VERY high dose, of 80g wet, or equivalent to 8g dry, a little stronger because of high psilocin content in wet shrooms. Id say take a break from mushrooms.

Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: Anxiety Attacks and Shrooms? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8895387 - 09/08/08 09:14 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I already decided to take it easy for a while...still gonna hunt though..that helps me relax..forget about everything...just been through a lot I guess for my age, i know from the short time Ive enjoyed shrooms Ive reallized that they just exaggerate whatever mood im in...at any given time..so im gonna have to wait until i get the stress and anxiety attacks under control..mainly just have a lot of things going on right now...i currently have a slipped disk in my neck so the pain from that alone cause me great frustration and aggravation, so i think once i alleviate this situation, the other stuff will be manageable as always, thanks for all your input guys!!

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: Anxiety Attacks and Shrooms? [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8895395 - 09/08/08 09:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah I already decided to take it easy for a while...still gonna hunt though..that helps me relax..forget about everything...just been through a lot I guess for my age, i know from the short time Ive enjoyed shrooms Ive reallized that they just exaggerate whatever mood im in...at any given time..so im gonna have to wait until i get the stress and anxiety attacks under control..mainly just have a lot of things going on right now...i currently have a slipped disk in my neck so the pain from that alone cause me great frustration and aggravation, so i think once i alleviate this situation, the other stuff will be manageable as always, thanks for all your input guys!!

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Anxiety Attacks and Shrooms? [Re: deCypher]
    #8895467 - 09/08/08 09:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

The Cypher said:
It's just that cannabis use has been known to exacerbate anxiety and panic attacks--the stress from quitting cold turkey might be a little unbearable, but I'd say that's worth it in the long run to get a month of good sobriety and reflection on any possible psychological issues that might be at the root of his anxiety attacks.

I'm not necessarily stating that it isn't a good idea to stop using drugs for awhile, but easing off, IMO, would be a much more preferential approach towards doing so - for example, if you're toking three times a day, space it out to two times a day for a little while, then one, etc. etc. etc.... I just don't see a reason to make things more difficult by making radical adjustments in one's chemistry, especially since it didn't sound like pot was responsible for bringing on these unbearable symptoms. Its hard to know, though, until he fills is in a little more on his usage. I really don't think cannabis itself exacerbates anything, especially since, at the same time, some people experience anxiety and panic attacks as a result of usage, whereas others specifically take cannabis to relieve anxiety and panic attacks. Also, it would depend on how sativa or indica dominant the pot is. :wink:

OP, fill us in more on the specifics of your usage. Do you find it helps with the aforementioned physical problems you're having, like with your spine and everything?

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

#8895509 - 09/08/08 09:57 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Oh I mean take a break from my weilii for while or atleast try an even smaller dose, but i am going to continue to smoke. unless i start to feel like its making it worse, but one of the reasons  i started to smoke was because it helped me to not take things so seriously and i could actually enjoy things i would do..like something as simple as watch tv without thinking about how shitty of a day i had at work...with weed i can just focus on whatever it is im doing, i just get into a zone and go...very helpful at work but still not a good idea....anyways..i think just taking a break from actives for a while until some of this stress goes away....my neck injury, i have court next week for a traffic violation.,.and just a bunch of shit like that right now,, so hopefully i wont have to do without the psychadelics for too aweful long, i was wanting to take a biking/camping trip to the alabama border this summer on the silver comet trail..anyhows thanxs very much guys

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: Anxiety Attacks and Shrooms? [Re: Ogre812]
    #8895547 - 09/08/08 10:09 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I was Air Force...3rd Combat Communications Group, Power Production.....we deployed to remote hostile locations to run power and satellites and such...so that the air craft could communicate back to the states...well if you take out the power and comm those planes are useless, needless to say..we took a lot of mortar fire..never saw any fire fights or anything,,, several people were killed by the mortars while i was there and a few heli and plane crashes

Quote:

Ogre812 said:
May I ask what your MOS was in the military?

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

OfflineWronguy

#8895564 - 09/08/08 10:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Please read my post that I did awhile back on this subject. I hope it can help you. Here is the text from that post:

Quote:

Wronguy said:
I've been seeing a lot of posts in this forum about anxiety. A lot of people are dealing with anxiety from bad psychedelic trips or some other traumatic event in their lives that was the catalyst. I used to be an anxiety sufferer as a result of a few back-to-back bad trips. I went through daily panic attacks and high levels of anxiety.

This was a dark time in my life and I was bound to rid myself of it for good. I considered a few options including therapy and prescription drugs. I also seriously considered self help, as there are a lot of programs out there to help people with anxiety. After many weeks of research I decided to take the self help approach and purchased a system (more on that later).

I spent the next few days putting the system to use and I knew in a single moment I was going to succeed. When I first came to terms with my anxiety at that time, I was in tears. I knew I was the cause of it, but I didn't know how to make it stop. I contemplated suicide at one time simply because I knew I wouldn't have to deal with it if I was dead. Now these types of thoughts were mere seconds and no real action was taken or tried, but they were still there.

First and foremost, I think it is very important to understand how anxiety occurs (for those of you who have no idea). Anxiety levels are controlled by a small organ in the brain called the amygdala (a-mig-da-la). When a traumatic event is experienced the amygdala can become reset to have a higher than normal level of anxiety. This is especially true when psychedelic trips occur at high doses when the user is not properly prepared for the experience or some other traumatic event. Because the amygdala has been reset, you may start to experience high anxiety levels from situations that would normally produce a low-level anxious response.

Once high levels of anxiety are experienced your mind will begin the "flight or fight" response by instructing the adrenal glands to secrete epinephrine and nor-epinephrine. This causes your heart to race with the sudden rush of adrenalin. The problem with this type of physical response is that you are not in any physical danger so the adrenalin has no way of subsiding. You will find yourself stuck in a state, for a short period of time, where you may become fearful. The fear is a response because you are experiencing the physical affects , not necessarily the mental aspects.

You may find that you will start having an anxiety attack when you experience sensations or thoughts that you associate with your bad trip or traumatic event. This can include blurred vision, upset stomach, dizziness, and heart rate increases. If you were on an empty stomach at the time, you may start to associate hunger with that experience and bring on an anxiety attack.

The most important thing for you to remember is that you are not going to die and you are in no danger. They are just sensations. What I highly recommend is for you to start practicing thought diversion. When you have thoughts or sensations that you would begin to associate with your anxiety, divert those thoughts immediately. Count backwards from 100, breathe in slowly and deeply and exhale in the same manner. Slowing your breathing will aid in slowing your heart rate. Do not stop what you're doing! This will only reinforce the behavior and could lead to agoraphobia.

You need to remember that anxiety is a result of behavioral conditioning. As long as you continue to act anxious in situations that do not warrant that response, you will have anxiety attacks. Once you can master thought diversion, for starters, you will find that your behavior will change and your anxiety levels will come down. The other important aspect to recovery is to fill every moment of every day. If you find yourself with too much time on your hands, you may start to dwell on these bad feelings and provoke an anxiety attack.

The other important aspect to anxiety is you. You control the anxiety levels. You can stop the anxiety at any time. You, and only you, have to power to choose not to behave in an anxious manner. As soon as you realize who is in control of your anxiety, you can stop it in its tracks.

It is important to discuss the use of prescription drugs, as they seem to play a role in many of these situations. I'm going to say it because it needs to be said again; drugs do nothing but mask the problem. There is not a single anxiety sufferer that can claim to be cured from drugs because only YOU can bring anxiety levels back to normal. While it may seem the drugs are helping you, the ultimate cure of your anxiety will always be you.

I feel this distinction must be drawn. We as a society have become way too dependent on drugs and it's tearing us apart. If you're on anxiety medication now, please consult your doctor about weaning off as soon as possible.

Getting back to the method that I employed in my own situation. I was looking into several self help methods and came across The Linden Method. I read this site extensively and did hours of research on this specifically. What I found was nothing but good comments from users and over a 90% success rate!

I remember the day that I made the purchase. I was on a business trip in Tennessee. I was coming back from a meeting and went to my hotel room to bed down for the night. I ordered some food from room service and out of nowhere I started to have a panic attack. It was bad. I was extremely fearful and afraid to do anything, including leaving the room. I was all alone and was not familiar with any techniques to stop them successfully.

I remember that I read about the Linden Method and decided it was time to make the purchase now, not later. I made the online purchase and received the digital versions of the materials they would be sending so you can get started right away. The creator of the system, Charles Linden, has an introductory section in an audio piece and began talking about his own sufferings with anxiety for more than 10 years. He quickly talks about the affliction and gives hope that the condition is a temporary one.

As I spent some time listening to to this man speak about his own demons and the cure that was to come I began to cry uncontrollably. At this moment, at this time in my life, I was able to see a light at the end of the tunnel. I was relieved to hear that my condition was not permanent. I was relieved to hear that I can be a normal person again. Today was the day I would start my life over again! I know that last line sounds cheesy, but man is it true!

My own personal experience with this method was that I was able to squash panic attacks completely within 2-3 days. If I felt them coming on they never escalated like they did before. I was able to quickly ride them out and literally squash them altogether within 7 days. The next battle was ridding myself of high levels of anxiety for good. I began practicing the breathing exercises and thought diversions every day. I soon found myself doing better.

Within a total of say 3-4 weeks, my anxiety levels went from out of control to near normal. I would say that I was able to rid myself of anxiety completely within 2 months. By the 2 month mark I became a master at thought diversion. If I felt anxiety increasing I would quickly divert my thoughts and move on. This practice, in conjunction with a healthy diet and regular exercise (personal choices), became the tools I needed to conquer this affliction.

I am sharing this with everyone today because I think anxiety sufferers need to know that there is a cure. The cure lies within you. No one can help you. No drug can help you. You have to help you. Please take some time to do some research on the Linden Method and  start living your life the way you want to. Just so there is no confusion here, I am in no way affiliated with this company. I just want to help others live to their fullest without the need for drugs, therapy, religion, or any other perpetrated cure.

Thanks for reading. I know it is a bit lengthy. If anyone would like to discuss anything in private, please feel free to send me a PM. Take care.

Please feel free to send me a PM as well, as I've been where you're at my friend.

Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

Re: Anxiety Attacks and Shrooms? [Re: Wronguy]
    #8895601 - 09/08/08 10:27 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Wow........thanks man..very good info!

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

#8895654 - 09/08/08 10:39 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

dickenz07 said:
but i am going to continue to smoke. unless i start to feel like its making it worse, but one of the reasons  i started to smoke was because it helped me to not take things so seriously and i could actually enjoy things i would do..like something as simple as watch tv without thinking about how shitty of a day i had at work...with weed i can just focus on whatever it is im doing, i just get into a zone and go...

Its great that it works for you like that. :bigweed:

I'll tell you about how I've always looked at my usage of cannabis and psychedelics. Since sometime during my teenage years, I've seen myself as being on a path of development, basically becoming more aware and changing myself for the better, in turn getting myself out of the way of being more aware. I've always had these experiences, sometimes from just smoking pot, but usually from psychedelics, where I kind of feel like I'm getting a glimpse from the next level, and, afterwards, its up to me to make the changes I need to get there. Also, using marijuana on a more regular basis (its usually a good time between trips) kind of gives me moments along the way to help remind me where I'm going and to help me realize what I need to do. I've found that there is usually a good amount of integration that needs to occur between these enhanced experiences.

I've always seen marijuana and more intense psychedelics as kind of a temporary dissolution of certain aspects of our mental processes that diminish our awareness of our experience of the present moment, effectively making us more consciously aware of our present experience, be it simply the sensory information our senses are collecting, or the role our mind itself is playing in our experience. With something like anxiety and panic, there is aspects of our mind that are not allowing ourselves to simply relax and be. One way you could interpret your experience on mushrooms is that some aspect of yourself became activated, and it really imposed itself on the experience in a negative manner. Something about yourself is not accepting something, be it something in the present moment, yourself, or simply some sense of how things are. The fact that it came back again suggests that its something that has been more subconscious, but now its really starting to come to the surface and you really have to come to terms with it and accept it for what it is before it will go away. MT had some great advice about really analyzing what is the source of the problems (it isn't the drugs themselves). Suffering is pretty much the nonacceptance of reality as it is occurring or as we have conceived it to have occurred, and if its nothing we can change in this moment, then the only thing for it is to accept it. Anyways, its great that you are able to smoke pot without becoming too overwhelmed like on mushrooms, because it gives you breathing room to start sorting things out. :wink:

Quote:

so hopefully i wont have to do without the psychedelics for too aweful long, i was wanting to take a biking/camping trip to the alabama border this summer on the silver comet trail..anyhows thanxs very much guys

That sounds really cool. Its great to have something to look forward to, and it kind of fits in with what I was describing earlier, kind of having a sense of direction, so you begin to think in terms of who you are now, who you want to be in the future, and what you can begin doing now to consciously direct change. Everything is always changing anyways, so we might as well influence change in the ways we prefer, and enjoy the process at the same time. :mushroom2:

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinedickenz07
Hunter/Gatherer
Male User Gallery

#8895723 - 09/08/08 10:56 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Wow guys...cant express the gratitude for the insight you guys have given me to this situation. Thank you very much!

--------------------
WEILII

Ovoids

OfflineMati
Stranger
    #24814454 - 11/29/17 12:42 PM (6 years, 4 months ago)

Hey there.
I know it's been a couple of years since this thread had been active and I sincerely hope you're feeling better by now.

Just in case you're still looking for psilocybin assisted treatment of PTSD, I recommend you take a look at MAPS (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies) or pay a visit to Heffter Research Institute. They run programmes concerned with PTSD and anxiety.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals