Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineGibbiPicasso
Stranger
 User Gallery

Amanita Pantherina
    #8894867 - 09/08/08 07:24 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

So, Im currently living in Japan, which is a country that is very paranoid about drugs. The sentence for getting caught with just weed is ridiculous. This fact about Japan (as well as how trippy Japan is in the first place) has lead me and a friend into the hunt for magic mushrooms. We have been researching and hunting for 2 months now and recently the amanita pantherinas have been popping up on the hill behind our house. Theres tons of them and we at least were 100% sure that they are pantherinas.  Ill try to post a picture, though it will be crap. Anyways, we dried them in the sun and put some of them in a toaster oven for about 10 minutes to try to convert some of the ibonic acid into muscimole. Reading that these things can be pretty strong, we only ate 1/4 of a cap each to see if they would kill us  or make us trip a bit. We waited for 2 1/2 hours and felt nothing so much as a tummy ache. We ate the other half of the cap and climbed a mountain to get the blood flowing, but there still was no effect that day. We were worried about the method of preparation, so we used the oven for about 5 min on the next batch to kill some maggots we found in them :crazy: . We had a whole cap the next time which was also the next day. After an hour and a half we didnt feel anything and ate another cap.  After another hour we at a total of about 8 caps because we were anxious to trip. After all of that we felt nothing so much as a buzz. No sickness, no visuals, no death... nothing. Today, we took our entire batch which consisted of about 20-25 more caps  of decent size (2-3 inches after being dried) and we made a really intense tea. We chugged the tea and went for a bike ride. We felt a kind of euphoria, but it was a nice day and I think it was a placebo effect from the anticipation of tripping on what we thought would be a sure thing. We didnt get any effect... Maybe 3 hours later we went into the forest, picked some more of these things, washed the bugs out of the gills and ate the mushrooms on the steps of the mountains shrine. We had about 4 giant caps between us. Four hours later we havent felt a thing...

Why wont these mushrooms work!?!?

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Amanita Pantherina [Re: GibbiPicasso]
    #8894891 - 09/08/08 07:41 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

wow that sounds horrific

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineMushr00m_Man
ganja lover!!

Loc: The end of the road
Re: Amanita Pantherina [Re: thedudenj]
    #8894997 - 09/08/08 08:35 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

that sounds like you arent eating actice mushrooms order some psiloybes online pm for a good site that ship to japan and they are cheap too

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

Invisiblethedudenj
Man of the Woods

Re: Amanita Pantherina [Re: Mushr00m_Man]
    #8895034 - 09/08/08 08:56 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

your not eating the right amanita if anything. I cant really coment about japanese amanita tho, other then i bet they are very similar to the ones here, any who look for gyms too. gyms have historical use in japan and amanita kinda do too aka super mario and all that shit

--------------------

"You all are just  puppets... You have no heart...and cannot feel any pain...""
you may think thats pain you feel but you must have a heart to feel true pain and that pain wont be yours

OfflineMushr00m_Man
ganja lover!!

#8895095 - 09/08/08 09:20 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

ya i think you have been eatin a look alike or they arent active post pics in the hunting forum

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

OfflineGibbiPicasso
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8895114 - 09/08/08 09:31 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

My friend and I went to a mycology research center a few weeks ago and saw specimens of all the native shrooms of our area. The pantherinas were the only ones that looked remotely like what we got, which makes us think they must be inactive in this general area. But then they were labelled as poisonous at the center... We nabbed them from three completely separate mountains too :mad:. Anyways, our next plan of action is to look for muscaria or gymnopilus. Though sadly alot of shrooms around here look like Jim.

My friend did have another theory why they might not work. It seems like it is difficult to trip two days on shrooms... don't know why that is though. In addition to that, there is that phenomenon with marijuana that the first time you smoke it you don't feel the effects very much if at all. It could be that we took too many in a short amount of time and our bodies aren't able to process the chemicals? It was an interesting thought, but seeing as these are poisons of a kind, it seems like our bodies wouldn't have a choice to process it.

InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Amanita Pantherina [Re: GibbiPicasso]
    #8895118 - 09/08/08 09:33 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I heard Japan has/had a pretty big acid scene.

OfflineMushr00m_Man
ganja lover!!

Re: Amanita Pantherina [Re: MisterMuscaria]
    #8895203 - 09/08/08 10:08 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

the marijuana thing you can throw out that doesnt really happen with ibonic/musicol or any othe psychedelics and im not sure about tolerance issues i dunno if you can build a tolerance quickly but like with most things you can so im gunna guess that that might contribute or they arent active. you might want to wait like a week then try a bunch of caps to try to get a tolerance down if ther is one. but you should really post a pic in the hunting forum thats the best thing you can do. not only will it get identified but you will learn facts about it like if its active.

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

OfflineGibbiPicasso
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Amanita Pantherina [Re: Mushr00m_Man]
    #8897253 - 09/08/08 06:46 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'll get some close up shots of what we've been eating posted. I'd be real interested if someone could identify whether they would be active or not because at this point I think its too much trouble to keep preparing and eating them in the hopes that one might be.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience