Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSkatterman420
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: stealth tek? [Re: Krez]
    #8896365 - 09/08/08 01:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Krez said:
Or she can be a real asshole if they ever have a bad breakup and rat on him anyway.  Be careful no matter what you decide to do.

exactly prob more likely she'd doit anyway if she was gonna doit at all

Also like the man posting before me said, tell her its a hobby mushroom kit growing unedible poisonous shits, for fun :thumbup: I'd think thats your best bet. Good luck. :smile:

Edited by Skatterman420 (09/08/08 01:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOptx
PronouncedAwp-Tiks
 User Gallery

Re: stealth tek? [Re: NiCKh609]
    #8896588 - 09/08/08 02:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

trying to hide a grow from a girlfriend is bound to...

--------------------
please do not take everything i say here so personally. welcome to teh internets!

Offlinemrpotter28
Nine Inch Na......Shrooms!
Male

#8913037 - 09/11/08 03:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Lol sorry to revive this but I just want to mention that you never know...........I just split with my g/f of 2 years yesterday, and while I dont expect her to rat me out, ANYTHING can happen. Well at least when I get my next place I will have FULL cultivating freedom.

So now I just need to nurse this heartache and find a way to rebound.:(

Maybe I will sleep with a shroom, or a jar or something. (joking)

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
Re: stealth tek? [Re: mrpotter28]
    #8913065 - 09/11/08 03:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I have a keen interest in growing cubes, but my girl friend is dead against it, have to respect her view.
#

so i plan on growing edibles :smile:

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
mycologically driven individual
Male User Gallery

#8913086 - 09/11/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

mrpotter28 said:
Lol sorry to revive this but I just want to mention that you never know...........I just split with my g/f of 2 years yesterday, and while I dont expect her to rat me out, ANYTHING can happen. Well at least when I get my next place I will have FULL cultivating freedom.

So now I just need to nurse this heartache and find a way to rebound.:(

Maybe I will sleep with a shroom, or a jar or something. (joking)

this is exactly what i'm afraid of....  i'm about to break up with my girlfriend today actually, we've been going out for over a year.  I'm just hoping she doesn't get any wise ideas.  I'm going to pretend like i'm throwing everything that's still going out, but we'll see....

--------------------
[url=http:

Invisiblethemange
Senior Citizen
Male

Re: stealth tek? [Re: SuchSmartMonkeys]
    #8913152 - 09/11/08 03:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

what kind of people do you all know/date?

I've never had a girlfriend/wife/friend in my entire life that i thought for even a moment might screw me over, even if i didn't want to continue a relationship with them.

i would agree that you need to take steps to protect you butt if you don't unconditionally trust them. i would suggest taking a nice long sabbatical.

grow some oyster mushrooms in the meantime, they are beautiful and tasty!

InvisibleFooMan
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Earth Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #8913179 - 09/11/08 03:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I don't condone hiding a grow from your girlfriend for all of the reasons mentioned previously, but BRF/verm jars grown invitro would be about as stealthy and low maintenance as it gets.

--------------------

Quick WBS Prep

Invisiblecreekfreek
Certified phunologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right about here
Re: stealth tek? [Re: veda_sticks]
    #8914928 - 09/11/08 08:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

veda_sticks said:
I have a keen interest in growing cubes, but my girl friend is dead against it, have to respect her view.
#

so i plan on growing edibles :smile:

:lol: Cubes are edibles too :shrug:

Offlinedothedew69
Relearning
 User Gallery

#8915065 - 09/11/08 08:43 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Couldn't tell you how bad hiding things from girls are. These guys are weathered and have been through it. I lost my girl of four years, almost to weed but going out with my buddies and drinking, hiding it from her because I didn't want to hear her speaches about how pointless it is to go out drinking and when she found out it was just instant break up. Be honest, you would be surprised. Women usually get mad at first but they get over it because you told them the TRUTH. I don't personally know this girl but if she really did not approve of it she would tell you straight out. But atleast you told her, this will give her something to think about. Maybe over time she will be ok with it. If she can't respect your wishes though maybe reconsider your relationship. If you need to lie to your gf and hide things from her, there is some serious problems. I know from experience.

InvisibleR10tGuNn3r

Re: stealth tek? [Re: dothedew69]
    #8915464 - 09/11/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

dothedew69 said:
Couldn't tell you how bad hiding things from girls are. These guys are weathered and have been through it. I lost my girl of four years, almost to weed but going out with my buddies and drinking, hiding it from her because I didn't want to hear her speaches about how pointless it is to go out drinking and when she found out it was just instant break up. Be honest, you would be surprised. Women usually get mad at first but they get over it because you told them the TRUTH. I don't personally know this girl but if she really did not approve of it she would tell you straight out. But atleast you told her, this will give her something to think about. Maybe over time she will be ok with it. If she can't respect your wishes though maybe reconsider your relationship. If you need to lie to your gf and hide things from her, there is some serious problems. I know from experience.

agreed... but its his decision and as much as we can lead him to the door... its his job to run into the wall a few times before he finds it :P

choose wisely young padawan  :yoda2:

Offlinebutralance
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: stealth tek? [Re: R10tGuNn3r]
    #8995722 - 09/27/08 08:23 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

hey i don't think this is doctor phil here people, he's not asking personal advice as to how to run his relationship. all i've seen is people saying "don't do it it'll ruin your relationship" like this dr. laura or something. if he wants to do it its his decision.

For my input, for cooking would be as simple as doing it at a friends house, or doing it when she's not home. Then find some small inconspicuois container (like some cooler that sits in you garage or something and has been there for a long time) and let your jars incubate there, then when ready to fruit get perlite and try and fruit it there.

This depends on where you live though. if you live in a studio apparment, good luck. but if you have an attic, basement, etc places that you guys dont really look through often you could be alright!

--------------------
BuTRALANCE- utrance ubalance

Offlinebutralance
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: stealth tek? [Re: butralance]
    #8995747 - 09/27/08 08:28 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

also, whats with all you guys with girlfriends so against these kinds of things! another simple solution: find a girl that will trip with you.
i know you "like her" but trippin with a female will put you on a whole nother level with her that i swear can't be obtained by years of marriage(of course i've never been married for years.

but thats off topic, so sorry.

--------------------
BuTRALANCE- utrance ubalance

Offlinephaseflux
Stranger than most

#8996145 - 09/27/08 10:27 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

I would have to say that if "not growing is not an option" like you said, then you should be with a girl who shares your interests. It seems you can't decide between the girl and the mushrooms, which also leads me to think that perhaps you have strong interest in soft drugs, so why not just find a girl that has interests which match more closely to yours?

It seems like you could have a lot more fun this way.

InvisibleR10tGuNn3r

#8996367 - 09/27/08 11:44 PM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

butralance said:
hey i don't think this is doctor phil here people, he's not asking personal advice as to how to run his relationship. all i've seen is people saying "don't do it it'll ruin your relationship" like this dr. laura or something. if he wants to do it its his decision.

For my input, for cooking would be as simple as doing it at a friends house, or doing it when she's not home. Then find some small inconspicuois container (like some cooler that sits in you garage or something and has been there for a long time) and let your jars incubate there, then when ready to fruit get perlite and try and fruit it there.

This depends on where you live though. if you live in a studio apparment, good luck. but if you have an attic, basement, etc places that you guys dont really look through often you could be alright!

the blind man closes his ears and opens his mouth..

after being married i know what it takes to make things work... if it is something you value you dont jeopardize it for anything... period... no matter how mundane it is...

in the same sense if it is imortant enough for you to "not be an option" to not grow... there has to be some understanding on the other end...

meet half way... and come to an agreement... thats all im saying..

Offlineray40cal
omnitrippint
Male User Gallery

Loc: midwest side
    #8996513 - 09/28/08 12:35 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

Honestly, unless you don't live in the same house as her, the best thing you can do is rent a climate controlled storage spot. You should do that anyways so there are no felonies in your home.

--------------------

Offlinedead
grateful
Male User Gallery

Loc: North pole
Re: stealth tek? [Re: ray40cal]
    #8997060 - 09/28/08 06:26 AM (15 years, 5 months ago)

My girlfriend loves me for growing shrooms for us! She'd probably be eating them every other day, given the chance... I got no complaints :smile:

--------------------
"The third eye. You spend years doing everything you can to open it and then the damn thing opens and your friends laugh at you when you tell them you can see their souls behind their eyes burning like rainbows."

Links:
:regularshroom:Nibin's Guide for Noobs
:regularshroom:some easy teks on bulk & grain prep. (my journal)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures