Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineWonkierBubble
Stranger

Animal cruelty is horrible
    #8892822 - 09/07/08 07:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

So after smoking my bong last night, I was having racing, racing thoughts. I knew I was coming to really good conclusions and forgetting them right away so I grabbed a pen and a notepad, and began to write my thoughts.

The first thing I thought about is how animal cruelty is horrible. We are so much like cows, pigs, bears, foxes, dogs, cats but we don't even acknowledge it! We have the same five arm bones, except they are arranged a little differently for each species. We all have FACES that are not THAT much different from each other. You can think of so many parallels between us. If you think about it, how we evolved, we could have done so a billion different ways, and nature has done it this way for a fucking reason! Everything is balanced and beautiful and we are FUCKING IT ALL UP!!

People need to have compassion for the incredible ecosystems that have been shaped over millions of years on this earth.

But back to my main point, cows can feel pain and so can pigs. I'm having trouble wording this, but WE ARE JUST LIKE THE AFOREMENTIONED animals! In fact we are so closely related to the most random things, like a banana tree. We share 48% of our DNA with the banana tree, and who the fuck knows how much we share with a cow, could be like 85%!

Anyway I just wanted to express my thoughts because when we deal with animals we need to remember these things. They are just like us except shifted a little.

Another thing is I HATE how some people thing we are the only ones with a real ego (knowing we exist). BULLSHIT! Animals are fucking smart and have brains, and we know so LITTLE about any kind of brain that who are we to say we are the only ones capable of advanced thought? All of these animals developed right alongside us and they think in their own way.

Anyone care to comment? I hope that all made some sort of sense.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMisterMuscaria
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Animal cruelty is horrible [Re: WonkierBubble]
    #8892843 - 09/07/08 07:53 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Im a vegan, so with me you are only preaching to the choir.

OfflineBoneMan
Shrimpin ain't easy
Male

Loc: new new england
    #8892857 - 09/07/08 07:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WonkierBubble said:
So after smoking my bong last night, I was having racing, racing thoughts. I knew I was coming to really good conclusions

Correct me if I'm wrong but your main conclusion was that humans are also animals.  Did you just realize that now?  Or did it just seem really mind blowing after a nice bong rip?

OfflineSkekTek
Lurker
Male

Loc: South Florida
Re: Animal cruelty is horrible [Re: BoneMan]
    #8892895 - 09/07/08 08:02 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Animals kill and eat other animals, it's natural. I agree that we are simply animals, except that we are much more intelligent and can use more tools. And before anyone starts in about how cruel we treat the animals we eat, it doesn't look too humane when an alligator grabs their leg and drowns them, or when a pack of lions rip somethings throat out. We're all animals, we all have a place in the food chain.

As for cruelty to animals in general, I hate to see an abused pet, and I actually feel somewhat guilty about the circus. But as for food animals it really doesn't bother me, especially since we eat them and they don't make entertainment out of it.

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #8892917 - 09/07/08 08:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well I enjoy eating animals. I like domesticated dogs. But other animals I just don't give a fuck about. And no, we are not like them, I can pick stuff up, talk, use a computer, etc. And they cannot. Animals and humans are not equals.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

OfflineSkekTek
Lurker
Male

Loc: South Florida
Re: Animal cruelty is horrible [Re: aDoS]
    #8892938 - 09/07/08 08:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

PETA kills most of the animals they "save".

http://horsehater.blogspot.com/

Edited by SkekTek (09/07/08 08:08 PM)

OfflineHeadii Nugz
Detective
Male User Gallery

Re: Animal cruelty is horrible [Re: SkekTek]
    #8892958 - 09/07/08 08:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I have to agree with Skek. Cruelty to animals is different than using them as food or other needs. But this does go to show that taking a fat bong rip can make a hippie out of anyone.
:tongue2:

Offlinethekwazz
Calm.Collected.German
Male User Gallery

Loc: City of murder, GA
Re: Animal cruelty is horrible [Re: Headii Nugz]
    #8893020 - 09/07/08 08:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've had ideas of becoming a vegetarian at times, I just don't think it's really worth it in the end. We ended up here, eating meat after generations and generations. That's what we do. I like steak, what can I say?

If you are going to get involved with that thing though, listen to Skek and watch an episode of Penn & Tellers Bullshit on PETA. Fuck those idiots. Ingrid Newkirk is Satan spawn.

--------------------

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go on an overnight drunk, and in 10 days I'm going to set out to find the shark that ate my friend and destroy it. Anyone who wants to tag along is more than welcome.

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
Re: Animal cruelty is horrible [Re: Headii Nugz]
    #8893029 - 09/07/08 08:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone ever seen the windows pharm companies install in cows and begals (other animals too I assume)? Im as far away from being an activist as you can be and still have somewhat of a heart but thats over the top, even for someone like me.

OfflineLndrydusting
Forever new. . .
Female User Gallery

Re: Animal cruelty is horrible [Re: SkekTek]
    #8893046 - 09/07/08 08:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Animal cruelty is just about as prevalent as Child abuse/spouse abuse/abuse in general! Why not start there? Sure animals are great but domestic ones rely on us to take care of them... therefor the are not in their natural  order anyway!

I am not condoning neglect or abuse of animals in anyway but if you were to turn a domestic animal loose(or bring it to the ASPCA) you're doing it the same disservice that it's already being done! The ASPCA rescues dozens of animals only to have ridiculously high standards when adopting them and then putting them down because no one can take care of them!

Other selters are just as safe as the ASPCA and have a much better success rate with their animals! It makes me question calling animal control sometimes... just like calling child services. I mean say the animal services take the animal and bring it to the ASPCA and then investigate and bring charges or return the animal... Compare that to calling child services... They come investigate and then maybe take the kid and bring him/her to the group home or maybe they leave them at home because there is no immediate sign of abuse and things get worse for the kid!

Animal abuse is almost taken alot more seriously because the animals can't speak for themselves... Children can speak for themselves but have the flaw of lying to protect themselves or their abuser for fear or otherwise.

IMO being a child advocate is far better than joining PETA

--------------------

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
    #8893055 - 09/07/08 08:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Human cruelty is horrible too. But it seems like a lot of PETA activists are more concerned with the area of range space a chicken gets than the countless issues we have within our own species.

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

OfflineWonkierBubble
Stranger

Re: Animal cruelty is horrible [Re: aDoS]
    #8893076 - 09/07/08 08:28 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:
Well I enjoy eating animals. I like domesticated dogs. But other animals I just don't give a fuck about. And no, we are not like them, I can pick stuff up, talk, use a computer, etc. And they cannot. Animals and humans are not equals.

Well I agree we are not equals. But look at the similarities!! It's incredible how alike we are. There are not a whole lot of differences between a cow and a person. The biggest one I can think of is higher intelligence. BUT ITS SUBJECTIVE!!!! We all share a common ancestor and I think because humans were so lucky to get genetic mutations that increased cognitive thinking, we have a duty to leave the fucking world alone and NOT lock up cows in a cage for their whole life that they CAN'T EVEN TURN AROUND IN. WHAT THE FUCK!!!!! That is seriously on another level that is appalling and unbelievably horrible.

Animals are so close to us in all ways except that we just got that one extra gene that gave us a real nice brain. But who are we to judge what an animal is thinking? For a second try to get into the mind of a cat walking into a room. What does s/he think, look at, smell, analyze? My point is we don't know and we will never know but for now we see so many physical similarities that we CAN'T be that different and we AREN'T that different and we need to recognize that!

Offlinex2and2makes5
Fool on a hill
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PA
    #8893098 - 09/07/08 08:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

WonkierBubble said:
Quote:

aDoS said:

There are not a whole lot of differences between a cow and a person.....We all share a common ancestor.....

:foreheadslap:

maybe i'm going out on a limb here but what the fuck are you talking about

--------------------
Try to realise it's all within yourself
no one else can make you change
And to see you're really only very small
and life flows on within you and without you

MUST HAVE MUSIC
1  2

Shroomery Music Exchange

OfflineIrdamage
Autobot

Loc: Canada
Re: Animal cruelty is horrible [Re: Gratos]
    #8893100 - 09/07/08 08:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I think you mean to say that "Cruelty is horrible". What is your point beyond that? I don't see anyone slicing horses for that look of pain on their faces. We do have slaughter facilities to provide us with meat, but we don't exactly have torture centres lined up for animals, and owners of animals that are not for profit are still able to be punished for animal cruelty.

Whats your beef? we are the dominant species, until the zombies come, accept it.

OfflineLego
Stranger
Re: Animal cruelty is horrible [Re: Gratos]
    #8893118 - 09/07/08 08:34 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Gratos said:
Anyone ever seen the windows pharm companies install in cows and begals (other animals too I assume)? Im as far away from being an activist as you can be and still have somewhat of a heart but thats over the top, even for someone like me.

Who does what now?

Windows? As in glass?

OfflineHeadii Nugz
Detective
Male User Gallery

Re: Animal cruelty is horrible [Re: Irdamage]
    #8893126 - 09/07/08 08:35 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

mmmmmmm beef!

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
    #8893141 - 09/07/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

They also feel pain like we do. We both have the same main goal in life of avoiding pain and achieving pleasure. This makes us very similar deep down and allows us to empathize with them.

InvisibleCrasher
αἱρετίζω
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Tardy to the Party
    #8893143 - 09/07/08 08:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------
Give me silence, water, hope;
Give me struggle, iron, volcanoes...

OfflineLego
Stranger
    #8893165 - 09/07/08 08:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

:sandwich:

:yesnod:

OfflineWonkierBubble
Stranger

Re: Animal cruelty is horrible [Re: Irdamage]
    #8893177 - 09/07/08 08:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Irdamage said:
I think you mean to say that "Cruelty is horrible". What is your point beyond that? I don't see anyone slicing horses for that look of pain on their faces. We do have slaughter facilities to provide us with meat, but we don't exactly have torture centres lined up for animals, and owners of animals that are not for profit are still able to be punished for animal cruelty.

Whats your beef? we are the dominant species, until the zombies come, accept it.

We are the dominant species indeed. But with that comes responsibility! Responsibilities to not fuck up the world and not have animals live a pointless existence in an extremely small space for their whole lives to only be mercilessly slaughtered.

I'll tell you where Homo Sapiens went wrong. Religion. Religion is false justification of someone's desires. Religion is a way to control the masses. With religion comes a couple of things. Firstly being "family values" and the traditional wife and kids. What the fuck is that about!??! It's about idiots who want to further the species TOO FUCKING FAR!!!! With population increases comes the need for food, the need for MEAT and the need for extreme pain on an uncountable number of innocent animals.

Sure early humans needed meat to survive, but with modern technology we can do just fine on fruits, vegetables and fungi.

also: to anybody who posted videos or pictures depicting meat, pork or other flesh, fuck you.

Edited by WonkierBubble (09/07/08 08:46 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom