Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejboodradle
Stranger
casing/fruiting chamber questions
    #8856098 - 08/31/08 01:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I have b+ and Ecuadorians using PF on BRF in half-pint jars on day 12 after inoculation so Im looking at getting my fruiting chambers made. 
I plan on casing these using the 50/50 tek in foil bake trays.    Should I case these in larger foil containers using several crumbled cakes (if so how many per container?) or use one or two cakes in smaller containers?  The way Ive been looking at it is that contamination is a risk so it seems like smaller would be better for that, and a slightly faster take over of the containers.  Is using 3/4" of casing material going to help my yield enough to justify the extra time it would take to take the container over?  Im looking for a higher yield so keep that in mind.
For the fruiting chamber should I get the biggest containers I can?  I am planning on doing a good amount jars per week after this first grow goes into fruit so what tek should I use?
PS: I bought a lot of stuff to do the BRF PF cakes and will do WBS in larger jars when I run out of BRF.

Edited by jboodradle (10/12/08 05:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleuncle_rico
my own worst enemy
Male User Gallery

Re: casing/fruiting chamber questions [Re: jboodradle]
    #8856658 - 08/31/08 03:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

To increase yield, whether you use BRF jars or WBS, you should consider a bulk substrate ..... ie., use the BRF cakes or WBS as spawn and spawn to Hpoo, coir/coffee or whatever bulk substrate or mixture of bulk substrate turns you on.

As far a a big fruiting chamber to do the kind of deal you are describing ...... check this out:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/6967150#Post6967150

Akira's work with this big tub is inspiring ! (it's MS if I remember correctly ... wow)

Good recipe for a bulk substrate as well.

If you want to go with smaller trays of cased substrate, you could go wall to wall with them in the large tub.

Good luck MAN

--------------------

InvisibleGex
Brain Stressed
Male

Re: casing/fruiting chamber questions [Re: jboodradle]
    #8856771 - 08/31/08 04:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I have read that the foil bake trays are not the best things to use since they seem to fall victim to some chemical reaction.

Quote:

RogerRabbit said:
Brf cakes don't eat through the foil because they're already fully colonized by the time they're placed on it. Colonizing mycelium secretes acids and other metabolites to help break down the substrate. Fortunately, they don't effect glass or plastic.

Invisibleuncle_rico
my own worst enemy
Male User Gallery

Re: casing/fruiting chamber questions [Re: Gex]
    #8857097 - 08/31/08 06:06 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yep .... aluminum 'corrodes' .... decomposes away.

I like kitty litter trays .... the right depth and size for what I do.

--------------------

Offlinejboodradle
Stranger
Re: casing/fruiting chamber questions [Re: uncle_rico]
    #8892149 - 09/07/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

To anyone wondering I ended up going the green house route instead of making tub FCs.... ended up being about as expensive.

Edited by jboodradle (10/12/08 05:22 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix