Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWayward_Son
Shroomable Action Figure
 User Gallery

My take on shrooms/ culture/trips -/+(FWIW?)...
    #8881593 - 09/05/08 10:36 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

now featuring paragraphs!:smirk:

I used to get shrooms from my BOSS(aint it cool!!!?)and I would go home; put on some Isao Tomita or Yes and lay down on the couch for the ride. It is a whole different kind of trip than with ones eyes open and people around. My boss said once: "I know you like to trip alone, but you should try it while you are up and moving".

So...it was July 4th and I took some shrooms and went for a walk. it was then I found out that shrooms not only make traffic lights and everything else look WAY(as in WAAAAAAY cooler!)but that they can also seem to lend a huge depth in energy. I ended up walk/jogging around for about 3 hours! it was getting dark and kids were out on sidewalks doing fireworks, which added a whole new element to my experience. it was all great.

Then I went camping with a bunch of people I worked with and we all(about 10 of us)were on shrooms and it was so excellent. I walked out into a field of grass and the breeze in the grass sounded like the grass was 'talking'. I looked outward at the sun breaking through a few clouds at sunset and it looked like one of those really vivid van murals from the 70's!!!  So my experiences with shrooming with others were by far positive. These people were all very good friends and I knew I was in a safe and welcome environment.

You cannot expect that shrooms will not magnify the mood YOU are in(or even somebody elses vibe you are sensitive to)just as they magnify color;depth sound etc.  I have had some bad experiences to...more just way too intense than scary 'demon' stuff people talk about. Once I was so 'out there' that the only part of the world I knew was real was the part of the floor I was laying on!!!! I turned on the light (lamp with a pull chain near me)thinking it would help and when the lamp seemed to 'run away' from me as soon as it came on, I turned it back off.
I hate the wavy intense trips where my mind just thinks and creates or accesses WAY too much to be enjoyable. I love the creativity and increased stream of consciousness of shrooms but it can also go to far. I like chocolate...but if I had somebody try to cram a 20 pound chocaolate rabbit down my throat in 10 seconds I don't think I would like that AT ALL.

That is the only thing I do not like about shrooms, that they are SO dose and mood/environment sensitive. Pepto bismol can help with some of the waviness if you don't wait too long...but it would be better, I think, if shroom trips did not start with some trepidation. Lets face it...they DO take control and they CAN be less welcome than an obnoxious friend who you can at least get to leave immediately if you want. Shrooms are unbeatable when they are good and you will (as you know)not ever forget when they are not so good.

Assuming that shrooms are either or both magical and/or spiritual it makes sense that we do not have control over magic and spirit. Then it would be neither! Anybody(IMO0who treats shrooms as a 'party drug' is a fool and/or just not too smart. They ARE more. You DO risk when you take them and so (again IMO)that is a great inspiration to respect the power of/in/behind them...and in YOU.

The oldest religions and mystical practices have some sort of natural hallucinogen associated with and integral to the cultures and religious wealth of them. You don't see ancient religions based on jelly beans(which are ALWAYS 'sweet'). The governments that ban our religious and spiritual substances ONLY take into account the abusive use of and the percieved negative aspects of...to illegalise and annihilate our right to partake of.

Yet the constitution itself says that govenment "shall make no law regarding the practice of religion". As soon as there is a list and YOUR way of talking to God(which no one can judge but YOU!)is made...that constitutionally guaranteed right is broken. May seem like I am getting off topic, but I am not. You are concerned about bad trips and fear and the government LIVES on and off fear! There is a VERY big divide between what spirit has to show us (via gifts like shrooms)and what the govenment's of so-called 'civilized' cultures want you to see. The world wants you to only see what it has made,and go where it has laid paths for you to go; too often in it's dullness of vision and understanding.

The wars they steal our kids for are enough proof of that. But you better NOT eat a mushroom!!??  I think the worst trip you/we might be on has nothing to do with shrooms? If we were happier and safer and more comfortable in our own lives then I believe shrooms would even show us more than what we presently call even a 'good' trip. We, as we are, are what they 'have to work with'. You KNOW that if you stepped out your front door today and saw ONLY beauty then you would have a better day! That 'other than' effect you/we have learned to deal with, will be uncovered with the truth of shrooms and at times in a good way(be thankful)and at times maybe it is US bringing the shroom down, instead of it bringing us down(as in bad trip)? Just thinking about it.

There are trips I have had I do not enjoy remembering...but I can also say that there are things I have seen and learned with shrooms that may have very well helped to save me from drowning in the dull culture(a bigscreen t.v. does not fix that for me!)we are living in to a great degree. You can help yourself VERY much by learning to meditate and make room for spirit, instead of throwing open the shroom 'door' once in awhile and expecting an instant great connection to spirit. You might get it...but it won't be based on the spiritual cooperation YOU could have come to it with.

Good things are often approached carefully and over time. I believe that shrooms are a spiritual gift and they can be very much misused as respectfully used. How many approach shrooms with the respect of the ancients? Do we even know how to anymore? I have a sense of what that means and am humble for what I do not yet know. That is all I can tell you. best to you!

--------------------

' Call us....We're here to help!'

Edited by Wayward_Son (09/06/08 01:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: My take on shrooms/ culture/trips -/+(FWIW?)... [Re: Wayward_Son]
    #8881768 - 09/05/08 11:17 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Paragraphs?

I saw this post in another thread. And it looks interesting.....

BUT.

I refuse to read this until you make your lines of thought more easy to discern.

:smile:

OfflineLigeirinho
crazy printer
 User Gallery

Re: My take on shrooms/ culture/trips -/+(FWIW?)... [Re: Shad0w]
    #8881829 - 09/05/08 11:26 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

nice read

wish i could work with shroomers too lol

OfflineSid
Stranger

Re: My take on shrooms/ culture/trips -/+(FWIW?)... [Re: Ligeirinho]
    #8882517 - 09/05/08 01:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Woah. That was tough to read. You should try using paragraphs sometimes.

And it sounds like you're tripping alone alot. That's kind of sad. I tried it once but it feels kind of lonely. I always take shrooms with my friends. Even if they don't have any I'll share my bag with them.

I only ever do drugs (besides weed) in teams. Its good to have people around you who are going through the same thing.

OfflineWayward_Son
Shroomable Action Figure
 User Gallery

Re: My take on shrooms/ culture/trips -/+(FWIW?)... [Re: Shad0w]
    #8886921 - 09/06/08 01:29 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shad0w said:
Paragraphs?

I saw this post in another thread. And it looks interesting.....

BUT.

I refuse to read this until you make your lines of thought more easy to discern.

:smile:

sorry I confused you Shadow. I did not think I was being too obsure here.

I realise this is kind of run together(oops!)but when was the last time YOU shroomed and your thoughts came to you in 'paragraphs'??? No one is 'expected to' read or care. Just 'my take'. Like I said: FWIW...for what it's worth.

--------------------

OfflineWayward_Son
Shroomable Action Figure
 User Gallery

Re: My take on shrooms/ culture/trips -/+(FWIW?)... [Re: Sid]
    #8886966 - 09/06/08 01:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sid said:
Woah. That was tough to read. You should try using paragraphs sometimes.

And it sounds like you're tripping alone alot. That's kind of sad. I tried it once but it feels kind of lonely. I always take shrooms with my friends. Even if they don't have any I'll share my bag with them.

I only ever do drugs (besides weed) in teams. Its good to have people around you who are going through the same thing.

"Sad"??? Okay...if tripping alone were a sad experience do you think I would choose to do it that way? No one is 'alone' on a shroom trip and I have had great mind magic/experiences that way. It is VERY different and a good thing unless one is afraid of being alone?

Shrooms can (as I said I know and experienced)be great with friends. Whole differnet thing from what they show you about YOU, when nobody else is around. I  have had both experiences(many of each) and value both for different reasons. I can say I feel 'sad' for people may that need(more than choose?) to have others around when they shroom. I KNOW you are missing something. You did it alone "once" and any number of things could have made it "lonely" for you. At least you shroom the way you choose and so what else matters, really? I don't think there is 'THE ONE' way. Or one is 'happy' and one is 'sad'(??)Hmmmm.

If you are comfortable with others and you are comfortable with yourself then both ways have much to offer.:thumbup:

--------------------

Edited by Wayward_Son (09/06/08 01:51 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag