Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]
Offlineterdherder101
High Fledged Wanker
Male

Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea???
    #8882579 - 09/05/08 02:02 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

So I have started smoking 1 cig a day cause I like the high even though it only last 5 minutes or so. You think it's a good idea till I get of probation in june? It's only been one a day but I would I assume it's gonna be going up in the following days. Anyone ever done this before? Did you have problems quitting even when you did get weed?

Thanks for the input

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleOgre812
Padawan Learner
Male

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: terdherder101]
    #8882597 - 09/05/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Dumb idea dude.  Cigarettes suck ass.  Take it from a dude that can't put the nasty fuckers down.

--------------------
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither, and will lose both.      ~ Benjamin Franklin ~

"Let me tell you about a Porcupine's balls.  They're small, and they don't give a SHIT!"  ~Danny~

OfflineSage.Phish
Guerrilla Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: City 17
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Ogre812]
    #8882600 - 09/05/08 02:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yeah thats a horrible idea. dont do it

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: terdherder101]
    #8882607 - 09/05/08 02:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I have a friend who did that.  Prior to the probation, he was very much against smoking cigerettes (partly because his mom was a big chainsmoker).  Now he smokes at least a half-pack a day, and the probation ended a couple years ago.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #8882646 - 09/05/08 02:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

TERRIBLE IDEA. 5 minutes? A high? Are you kidding????

The mix of chemicals, and depriving yourself of some oxygen might make you feel "high"(I.e. somewhat lightheaded) but that wont last.

And then soon you'll be sucking big tobaccos dick.

I have a friend the quit for a year. Then started, then he was ready to quit again. I was doing it.....
Until his bos snatched a pack from his mom(who happens to be down to 20% lung capacity, no biggie :P ) and tossed them to my friend. Now he's ready to quit......AGAIN.

I have other friends that almost made it. And now they smoke again.

Nicotine is the most addictive drug on earth, and the "pay off" from tobacco is meaningless and stupid.

Because of the aforementioned reasons above you might feel something here and there. For about a week.

After you're a smoker. Relief and "good feelings" will come from relieving that internal demand for nicotine.
Shrooms aid insight, so can marijuana, or it can just be relaxing. And at least marijuana has health benefits.

You want to do something other then smoking weed?
Meditate. And Exercise.
They are pleasurable, and good for you.

And meditation and marijuana both induce alpha brains waves.
The brain state associated with creative thought, contemplation, and relaxation.

Wow... I think it's time to hit the vape right now.:sheesha:

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (09/05/08 02:19 PM)

Offlineterdherder101
High Fledged Wanker
Male

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #8882700 - 09/05/08 02:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Wow... I think it's time to hit the vape right now.:sheesha:

Lucky bastard. Yeah I guess I won't smoke them then. The only reason I considered it was cause I know once I can smoke weed again I could toss the cigs immediately, I mean tobacco ain't got nothing on cannabis. But thanks for the opinions guys

InvisibleHeavyToilet
The Heaviest OfThem All
Male

Loc: British Columbia
    #8882712 - 09/05/08 02:33 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Wow, what an incredibly stupid idea.

Invisiblethemange
Senior Citizen
Male

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #8882731 - 09/05/08 02:37 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i think its a great idea. if you smoke 2 at a time it will be twice as nice.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8882737 - 09/05/08 02:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

If you're feeling ballsy, start smoking a cig a day until you get addicted.  Then quit for a solid month.

It's not healthy for you, but the knowledge that you can start an addiction and then quit cold turkey solely with the power of your mind can be a huge boost for other problems in your life.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#8882738 - 09/05/08 02:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

terdherder101 said:
So I have started smoking 1 cig a day cause I like the high even though it only last 5 minutes or so. You think it's a good idea till I get of probation in june? It's only been one a day but I would I assume it's gonna be going up in the following days. Anyone ever done this before? Did you have problems quitting even when you did get weed?

Thanks for the input

if you must do tobacco, smoke out of a hookah, its better, better for you, more of a high, and a whole hell of a lot cheaper.

--------------------
This section of the signature line has been intentionally left blank.

we could all use a little more sunshine.

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

InvisibleSrirachi
Mold Hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Fare Thee Well.
    #8882739 - 09/05/08 02:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Why would you substitute an addictive narcotic for reefer? :wtf:

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Srirachi]
    #8882743 - 09/05/08 02:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Leary_Ban said:

tobacco is not a narcotic.

i hate how police label all drugs as "narcotics", it makes them sound even dumber than they are.

--------------------

:shrug: yeah, she's funny and somewhat interesting.  not a beauty queen, but not bad lookin.  i'd feel quite honored to fuck janine garofalo.
-tiny_rabid_birds

Offlineterdherder101
High Fledged Wanker
Male

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Srirachi]
    #8882775 - 09/05/08 02:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Leary_Ban said:

On probation

OfflineCannabischarlie
Resident badass
 User Gallery

#8882787 - 09/05/08 02:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

like i said, get a small hookah, hookah tobacco, and some coals.

much mo betta than big tobacco

--------------------

-tiny_rabid_birds

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
    #8882794 - 09/05/08 02:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

no

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#8882807 - 09/05/08 02:54 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

he only reason I considered it was cause I know once I can smoke weed again I could toss the cigs immediately, I mean tobacco ain't got nothing on cannabis.

Oh sure. In terms of taste, effect, medicinal qualities and industrial uses, tobacco has nothing on cannabis.

But shake your head, or smack yourself every single time you think people can pick up, and drop that habit easily.

Plenty of young casual smokers turn into life long users. Or they quit, after doing years and years of damage.

You will always get pre-cancerous cells BTW, that`s part of being human.

But if you don`t eat right, exercise, and avoid tobacco, there is only so much an organism can put up with before it succumbs to cancer.
Make IMO the right choice and NEVER fucking smoke tobacco.

QUESTIONS FOR SMOKERS

Quick couple of questions for smokers.
Honesty please. Don`t let me colour your opinions....

Honestly, when did you start smoking?
Would you like to quit in the future?
How do you feel about smoking ATM?

--------------------

InvisibleSrirachi
Mold Hand
 User Gallery

Loc: Fare Thee Well.
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Cannabischarlie]
    #8882808 - 09/05/08 02:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, um... the point is over here ----------->

you missed it

OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over Flag
    #8882822 - 09/05/08 02:57 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hah hah hah. I had a friend in high school who did this. He's all "It's just a substitute for joints when I'm out of weed!"

6 years later and he's puffin' strong, weed or not.

Don't get addicted, it sucks.

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: themange]
    #8882830 - 09/05/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Kinda tangential, but can you really get addicted smoking one cig a day? I don't encourage people to smoke, but it seems like it'd be hard for nicotine to sink in its yellow claws with only one cig a day.

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
    #8882836 - 09/05/08 02:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Weed isn't an addiction, cigarettes are.  Why haven't you started smoking yet?

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8882841 - 09/05/08 03:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Totally untrue. Give it enough time and 1 will be 2.
3 will be 4.... And then hey.... "I only smoke a pack a day"

Smokers....Answer these questions please :smile:

QUESTIONS FOR SMOKERS

Quick couple of questions for smokers.
Honesty please. Don`t let me colour your opinions....

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (09/05/08 03:02 PM)

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #8882860 - 09/05/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:

Started when I was 12

Yeah, I'll quit one of these days. :lol:

I'm sexy cool.  :shoosh:

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #8882930 - 09/05/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Totally untrue. Give it enough time and 1 will be 2.
3 will be 4.... And then hey.... "I only smoke a pack a day"

I'm a very casual off-and-on smoker. I started when I was 19, smoking socially. When I'm under a lot of stress, I'll pick up a pack and smoke 1-3 a day.  After a 1-3 packs at this rate, I'll stop smoking for 2-10 weeks, no withdrawals, no problem (I've been doing this for several years). When I am smoking, I make an effort to drink plenty of tea so i'm getting plenty of antioxidants.

I don't figure I'll keep this up forever, but for now I'm young, and my lung capacity isn't being affected adversely.  I definitely plan to quit by age 30 (a British medical study showed that smokers who quit by age 30 don't have greater health risks than the rest of the population), but for now I'm young, and off-and-on tobacco use suits me fine.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #8882955 - 09/05/08 03:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
Wow, what an incredibly stupid idea.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlineimagine
Psychic
Male

Loc: CA
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8882972 - 09/05/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Honestly, when did you start smoking? STARTED smoking when I was 18 consistently, although I had smoked one here and there randomly before. I am 21 now.
Would you like to quit in the future? Yes.
How do you feel about smoking ATM? I think about quitting everyday. I smoke a pack a day now and had gotten it to about 5 a day a week ago, but I'm back to where I started. Drinking doesn't help. Fuck cigarettes. I feel weak needing a substance to feel normal. :thumbdown:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Cowgold]
    #8882977 - 09/05/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
Weed isn't an addiction, cigarettes are. 

Hah

People are addicted to all kinds of 'nonaddictive' things.  People are addicted to gossip, food, TV, arguing, computers, drama, relationships, etc etc.  Addiction is a function of the person's behavior, not the substance.

If there is a cigarette sitting in the forest, and no one there to smoke it, is it addictive? 

~Ancient zen saying

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8883121 - 09/05/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well that's just totally gay and you know it.  :grin:

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #8883160 - 09/05/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:

Started at 21 because the local pub didn't take kindly to spittoons. :shrug: My buddy offered a cigarette to quell the nic-fit I was having from  not chewing... the rest is history.

I tried quitting 20 or more times over the last 3 years. I figured 10 years was long enough.

I finally quit 2 months ago, not even trying. I had dental surgery, tons of pain and no smoking for a week. When the week was up, I said fuck it and tried cold turkey...

It never, EVER lasted more than 3 days, but this time I felt different... Something in my brain got whacked by the week of agony, percocets, vicodin and finally some steroid I took to reduce swelling.

It's been 2 months, and I feel like I never smoked at all. :laugh:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Cowgold]
    #8883188 - 09/05/08 04:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Honestly, when did you start smoking? Started smoking about a cig a day when I was 19--hookah smoking gave me a glimpse into the beauty that is a nicotine buzz and the instant delivery of a cig was like God's punch to the lung.

Would you like to quit in the future? The thing about quitting is that it's so... permanent.  :tongue:  I don't like to make decisions that so wholly restrict my freedom of choice.

How do you feel about smoking ATM? Pretty good.  Like Entropymancer said, so long as I quit before age 30 means that my lungs still have an excellent chance of full recovery.  The buzz from smoking is well worth it, if far too short.  And with only a cig or so a day, it's not as if I'm chainsmoking entire packs.

--------------------

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
    #8883224 - 09/05/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, don't take up tobacco smoking. It's expensive and really messes with your health. Just tough your probation out.

Offlineapostle11
Zoom Zoomers
Male

#8883305 - 09/05/08 05:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Its been said but that is a horrible decision. You will probably get addicted, 1 cig turns into 2 into 5, 10....

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: deCypher]
    #8883448 - 09/05/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I don't like to make decisions that so wholly restrict my freedom of choice.

Ya and besides how could serious health problems or cancer restrict you.

Also terminally ill people are party-animals.

Having time of their lives!!!!
(What's left :tongue:)

Quote:

The buzz from smoking is well worth it, if far too short.

Are you blowing into a bag, and then inhaling deeply again(*repeat)

Tobacco does make people sharper mentally.... for about 2 minutes.

Though once your sufficiently addicted , you will be smoking to feel like you can concentrate.

Anyway, no offense intended, but your plan of quitting at 30 sounds exactly like some of the things my smoking friends have said. And they still smoke.

Oh, BTW... We're all almost 30 now.
So, good luck with that.

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#8883736 - 09/05/08 06:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

So I have started smoking 1 cig a day cause I like the high even though it only last 5 minutes or so. You think it's a good idea till I get of probation in june?

Worst idea ever.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8883741 - 09/05/08 06:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Quote:

I don't like to make decisions that so wholly restrict my freedom of choice.

Ya and besides how could serious health problems or cancer restrict you.

I take it you're being sarcastic, but I think it's a good point about "quitting."  I'd much prefer to have such control over my willpower that I don't explicitly require an ironclad statement forbidding me to smoke ever again... and in fact, remaining a social smoker who only smokes a couple cigs over the course a week is much harder than taking the easy way out and permanently refusing to abstain.

Quote:

Tobacco does make people sharper mentally.... for about 2 minutes.

And it lowers my risk of getting Parkinson's.  :tongue:

There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every eatable, drinkable, and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry. --Mark Twain.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: deCypher]
    #8883880 - 09/05/08 07:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Not smoking has nothing to do with an easy way out.

That's fucking ridiculous.

While I acknowledge the idea of not quitting, and having willpower, tobacco just fucking sucks.
A little, a lot, industrial tobacco is fucking disgusting.

Think about this for a minute, we barely know how half of the industrial chemicals in our environment effect us and the environment
(BTW, there are a measly 80,000 chemicals produced and dispersed in sufficient enough quantities to make the list.
So there are more. But they're not included for obvious reasons. And it's hard research I would guess.

Now we don't know what those do in combination, under certain degrees of heat etc...

Now take smoking.

We don't know.

Sure we know it fucks people up, they get cancer and all sorts of problems.
But we don't understand all the little tiny details. That's got to be one of the worst things about smoking.

You would look down on, or try to help someone huffing chemicals, or mixing shit up in their garage.
And yet people treat smoking differently? I'm not saying we should shame smokers or anything.

And in fact I am appalled when someone unnecessarily complains about someone smoking outside like 10 fucking feet from them in the middle of an open field, on a windy day :tongue:an exaggeration.
But I'm not "that guy" who is bitching.

But you are performing an experiment. And personally with THOSE chemicals, I can't understand why anyone would ever touch them at all. MDA, sure, please pass it over.

Think about what your doing to yourself with smoking....... Oh wait. Never mind. We don't know.
However studying your corpse will be quite beneficial for science.

--------------------

Offlineterdherder101
High Fledged Wanker
Male

#8884002 - 09/05/08 07:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Quote:

he only reason I considered it was cause I know once I can smoke weed again I could toss the cigs immediately, I mean tobacco ain't got nothing on cannabis.

Oh sure. In terms of taste, effect, medicinal qualities and industrial uses, tobacco has nothing on cannabis.

I meant that the high from weed is way better and last a whole lot longer. I don't understand how anyone would prefer  or continue smoking cigs if they can smoke cannabis. With that said though I will not continue smoking cigs. Gonna finish these last 7 and I'm done. I can hold off till june when I will get to see Mary J again.

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
    #8884013 - 09/05/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You could smoke (cannabis) right after your urinalysis a bit if your low on body fat.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: twighead]
    #8884045 - 09/05/08 07:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
You could smoke (cannabis) right after your urinalysis a bit if your low on body fat.

FALSE

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (09/05/08 07:59 PM)

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #8884046 - 09/05/08 07:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

my great grandfather drank beer and smoked a few cigs everyday until he passed at the ripe age of 96, and still in as good as health you could ask for at 96.  He had no cancer, wasn't bedridden, and could move at a good pace for a 96 year old man.  As long as your not smoking 2 packs a day, you should be fine.  Though, personally, I would still have to say that using it as a replacement for weed is not a good idea.  You could easily become physically addicted to the nicotine, and then it would be hard to quit.

In general, cigarettes waste your money, smell horrible, and definitely do not help your health.  They are a lose lose lose situation.  that said, i do enjoy a smoke every now and then, probably 2 or 3 a year.

peace

Offlineterdherder101
High Fledged Wanker
Male

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: twighead]
    #8884050 - 09/05/08 07:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:

Yeah I could but I am kinda on the bigger side (200lb 6'1") and I'm  just to paranoid to do it. I mean I know when my tests are and they are only once every 30-40 days so I could but I have been spending my time getting to know psychedelics well and learn from them. But yeah tobacco is out for me. Might pick up some spice gold and see if that's all it's cracked up to be. I guess my probation is a good thing in a way, I am exploring other things instead of just being the narrow minded pot head I was, lol. Although I always be a pot head, I'll just open minded haha.

P.S. I think I am going to call Cannabis by it's real name from now on instead of it's slave name...Marijuana! Everyone should do the same, haha

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: supra]
    #8884067 - 09/05/08 08:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

As long as your not smoking 2 packs a day, you should be fine.

Not true. And since when is, someone seems ok, the definition of good health.

Also what about mental effects.

It's just too fucked up, say what you will about illegal drugs using them is not as experimental in some way as tobacco in a purely physical sense.

--------------------

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #8884082 - 09/05/08 08:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i would say living to 96, and not being all decrepit in a home for old people is good health, i would be ecstatic to make it that long and be that able.  On the other hand, if i do get all decrepit and helpless, i would rather die.

peace

Invisiblewingcommander
Stranger
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: supra]
    #8884187 - 09/05/08 08:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

feed your dog veggies

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: wingcommander]
    #8884192 - 09/05/08 08:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Great point. I have my cat on a vegan diet. And so far so good. He seems ok.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

Loc: FL
    #8884220 - 09/05/08 08:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

terdherder101 said:

Thanks for the input

why the fuck would that seem like a good idea to you? two totally different things, one has no benefit, and the other is divine.  just fucking quit smoking until probation is over man. or take a gamble, whatever you like. i wouldnt smoke cigs in its place though, thats just retarded.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#8884255 - 09/05/08 08:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Quote:

twighead said:

FALSE

Just because I'm logging off and this post made me giggle so damn much. And yes, I'm quoting myself.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8884324 - 09/05/08 09:18 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
But you are performing an experiment. And personally with THOSE chemicals, I can't understand why anyone would ever touch them at all.

Because smoking elevates self-destruction to an artistic statement--it's like spitting in the eye of your own mortality and looking cool while doing so.

--------------------

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#8884344 - 09/05/08 09:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

i guess if you think it looks cool.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: LeftyBurnz]
    #8884356 - 09/05/08 09:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Handheld fire + the ability to breathe out smoke + an oral fixation = winning recipe for cool.

I mean, you can argue that smoking's unhealthy, disgusting, and on the whole not a good habit to get into--but it's really hard to argue that it doesn't look cool.  Just look at James Dean or that carefree gesture with the wrist of the next cigarette smoker that you encounter--the reason why it sells is because it does look good.

--------------------

Edited by deCypher (09/05/08 09:39 PM)

InvisibleLeftyBurnz
Mr. I Eat Butthole
Male User Gallery

#8884438 - 09/05/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

thats just not how i roll bitches.

--------------------

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
    #8884632 - 09/05/08 10:46 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

spice, spice gold, gold star, blast off smoking blends. :google:

i kid you not these products work, almost identical to marijuana, i swear my lophs on it.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

InvisibleSassy
wanna lick the wrapper
Female

Loc: South Carolina
    #8884722 - 09/05/08 11:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:

Are you serious? That is so horrible. Why the fuck would you put your cat on a vegan diet?

--------------------
<@Pnutbot> I haven't seen tupac, Impala

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Sassy]
    #8884764 - 09/05/08 11:28 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sassy said:
Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:

Are you serious? That is so horrible. Why the fuck would you put your cat on a vegan diet?

because people like to fuck around with nature.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

InvisibleSassy
wanna lick the wrapper
Female

Loc: South Carolina
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: highdroponics]
    #8884776 - 09/05/08 11:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

God, a two second Google search will prove to you that it is definitely NOT good for your pet.

On the ASPCA blog:

Thursday, August 09, 2007
Pet Nutrition Q & A: Vegan Diet for Cats

A friend of mine who is vegan feeds her cats a vegan diet. Is this safe?―Barbara

At the ASPCA we recognize that there are many quality dietary options for pet parents to choose from, Barbara. However, we do not recommend vegetarian or vegan diets for cats. Cats are true carnivores with unique nutritional needs. They require nutrients that are not available from plant sources. At first, they may appear to be doing satisfactorily on vegetarian or vegan diets, but over time nutritional deficiencies may occur. Even the Vegetarian Society cautions against these diets for cats. When it comes to felines, it really is best to provide a diet that includes meat.

--------------------
<@Pnutbot> I haven't seen tupac, Impala

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Sassy]
    #8884801 - 09/05/08 11:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

for one you(vegans-veggie heads) shouldn't force YOUR life style onto another animal just because you dub it as healthy or right or justified or whatever. second of all vegan diets really aren't even all that healthy for humans, what makes you think a feline is gonna benefit from it? lastly i would like to say to all those veggie heads out there that just because you're not eating an animal that can show you that it's going through pain doesn't mean it doesn't feel it(plants have feelings too ya know), you gotta get over yourselves with your self-righteous bullshit and let nature be nature, survival of the fittest, we are the top of the food chain. the end.

--------------------

Edited by highdroponics (09/05/08 11:44 PM)

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#8884841 - 09/06/08 12:00 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Sassy said:
Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:

Nice of you to be concerned for my kitties little lady, but taken in the context of this thread,
along with my other posts, some of which we're simply jokes,
you should realize there is nothing to worry about :smirk:

I think most of you humans eat too much meat,
but I'm not a vegetarian. And lemmings eat far too much.

I'm not retarded.:snowman:

Anyone that feeds their cat or dog a vegan diet should lose said cat or dog.

You wouldn't let a mother give her child an all meat diet would you?

At some point, in a developed society, she would lose that child.

In fact, I'm so for feeding my cats meat,
that I process their food myself,
and raise it as well.:thumbup:

I heard... scared cows make the best hamburger,

so I go in there with a ghost costume I made with a bed sheet, ,some guns,
and a sense of purpose,
:minigun:
and say, BooGaBoogaBOOOO Mother Fuckers....
Blast! Blast! Blast!!!Oh ya, Justice. :tongue::guns::reaper:

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: highdroponics]
    #8884852 - 09/06/08 12:03 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

No way man. I'm protecting the earth,
And if that means my cat gets celery.
I'll give him fucking celery. :mad:
Shit he's my cat.
It's not up to you. I own him.

I think I'll go make us both a salad right now :smile:

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (09/06/08 12:04 AM)

Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

#8884884 - 09/06/08 12:11 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Shit he's my cat.

i'm picturing the lion from futurama that the hippies were feeding a tofu diet.

damn wannabe self-righteous hippies :mad:

heh, i could get used to this hippie hating, where do i sign up?

better yet i think i'll start feeding cows a meat diet to combat your feeding cats vegetables.

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#8884939 - 09/06/08 12:32 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

terdherder101 said:
Quote:

twighead said:

Yeah I could but I am kinda on the bigger side (200lb 6'1") and I'm  just to paranoid to do it. I mean I know when my tests are and they are only once every 30-40 days so I could but I have been spending my time getting to know psychedelics well and learn from them. But yeah tobacco is out for me. Might pick up some spice gold and see if that's all it's cracked up to be. I guess my probation is a good thing in a way, I am exploring other things instead of just being the narrow minded pot head I was, lol. Although I always be a pot head, I'll just open minded haha.

P.S. I think I am going to call Cannabis by it's real name from now on instead of it's slave name...Marijuana! Everyone should do the same, haha

Regardless of your size. That's bullshit.
See the Fail boat for info :wink:

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

#8884967 - 09/06/08 12:41 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

highdroponics said:
Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Shit he's my cat.

i'm picturing the lion from futurama that the hippies were feeding a tofu diet.

damn wannabe self-righteous hippies :mad:

heh, i could get used to this hippie hating, where do i sign up?

better yet i think I'll start feeding cows a meat diet to combat your feeding cats vegetables.

Try and stop me mother fucker,
I've got a Squirt gun full of Patchouli

--------------------

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
    #8884974 - 09/06/08 12:42 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I would say whatever, do it. Then again I've never understood the addictive potential of cigarettes and I doubt I will anytime soon. They're okay I just never found them appealing enough to smoke even more than 1 in a day anyway. People go on about how they're so addicted to cigarettes and can't quit so I'll just take their word for it I guess, whatever. But I think it really comes down to will power. :justdontknow:

If it were me I'd probably get tobacco like the American Spirit stuff and roll my own cigarettes. Or smoke out of a pipe, etc.

Maybe look into that.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Robo]
    #8885003 - 09/06/08 12:55 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

People go on about how they're so addicted to cigarettes and can't quit so I'll just take their word for it I guess, whatever. But I think it really comes down to will power.

Right. Willpower.

Let's forget the fact that nicotine is one of the most widely researched drugs in the world.

And that there is plenty of understanding in the scientific community about how nicotine works inside the brain and leaves people craving it.

Also smokers virtually STOP the production of 21 chemicals in their brains by smoking.
When you quit, or cut back drastically, that's one of the reasons it feels so "BAD,WEIRD, and SHITTY".

Don't get me wrong, my Dad quit. So did a friend who started again a year later.
No drugs. Just tapering down, then complete cessation of smoking.

But you wouldn't just tell a heroin addict to not be such a pussy, and that it's all just willpower, why a smoker?

People develop real, physical addictions.
We need more drug treatment facilities for hard drugs. All around the world.
Acting "tough" and shaming people doesn't work.

--------------------

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8887007 - 09/06/08 01:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Also smokers virtually STOP the production of 21 chemicals in their brains by smoking.

Which chemicals are these?

--------------------

OfflineSpiritual Seeker
Nothing Matters
Male

Loc: UK
    #8887047 - 09/06/08 02:12 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Im on probation too bro. It sucks ass but your off in june.....Im off in 2 fucking more years :rofl2: O well :shrug: Thats life.

Dont think of it as a bad thing. Can you imagine how High im gonna be after a 3 year break from weed and i down a 5 gram weed brownie? CAN YOU! :crazy2:

And dont smoke ciggaretes. Your not just hurting yourself, your supporting rich/ugly/mean/bald white guys who hate Reefer and Kill thousands

--------------------
"Nothing in the world is a gift. Whatever there is to learn has to be learned the hard way."
-Don juan

Edited by Spiritual Seeker (09/06/08 02:14 PM)

InvisibleKrishnaDreamer
I bleed nicotine...
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Spiritual Seeker]
    #8887238 - 09/06/08 03:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

start smoking: junior year high school, now 20, almost 21.

quit: yeah, maybe after i finish my 70quart cooler full of cigars and half gallon bag of rolling tobacco lol; might take at least a year.

how i feel: i love tobacco, i loved the smell of good quality tobacco as a kid. i smoke cigars, don't inhale, smoke when i want to, not out of need. tobacco is extremely relaxing (and tasty) and in my opinion, you haven't experienced all of what nature has to offer until you smoke a good cigar. no very noticeable affects on lung capacity, very slight, but with good exercise i'd be able to run with the best of them.

no non-smoker knows the pleasure of tobacco, so you can't really condemn what you have no experience of.

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

Offlinekriminalelement
"jesus wept."
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ay! los popos estan aqui!
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: KrishnaDreamer]
    #8887396 - 09/06/08 04:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

DONT SMOKE TOBACCO

Take heroin if you have to get high. It's easier to quit than cigarettes. Trust me.

:2cents:

--------------------
While there is a lower class, I am in it
While there is a criminal element, I am of it
While there is a soul in prison, I am not free.

Eugene V Debs

OfflineLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: KrishnaDreamer]
    #8887411 - 09/06/08 04:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

what about tobacco? im actually interested in this.. youre for it and this other guys totally against it and thinks heroin is the better choice.. hmmm..

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8887420 - 09/06/08 04:10 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

KrishnaDreamer said:
no non-smoker knows the pleasure of tobacco, so you can't really condemn what you have no experience of.

Trouble is, experiencing it has the potential to place you into the pit of addiction.  It's a shame that most people who argue against it do so from an unfounded stance, but there be monsters if you attempt to speak from experience.

--------------------

InvisibleKrishnaDreamer
I bleed nicotine...
Male User Gallery

#8887458 - 09/06/08 04:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

heh... your mileage may vary.

in my experience quitting wasn't all that hard, i simply abstained and quit for around 4 months no problems, granted it was only after i made the choice but still chose to buy another pack... and finished it of course.

personally i derive great pleasure out of smoking tobacco, and whoever was saying shit about chemicals or whatever, tobacco use has been in existence for as long as cannabis use.

i'll agree that vices are a double edged sword, but still, should sex, drugs, eating, driving fast etc. be eradicated or whatever you believe? (not directed at anyone specifically.)

--------------------
Everybody's a ninja...

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8887469 - 09/06/08 04:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Same here... I quite enjoy partaking of the tobacco leaf.

Cannabis use is healthier, sure, but the combo of the two > all.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order