Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Entropymancer]
    #8882841 - 09/05/08 03:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Totally untrue. Give it enough time and 1 will be 2.
3 will be 4.... And then hey.... "I only smoke a pack a day"

Smokers....Answer these questions please :smile:

QUESTIONS FOR SMOKERS

Quick couple of questions for smokers.
Honesty please. Don`t let me colour your opinions....

Honestly, when did you start smoking?
Would you like to quit in the future?
How do you feel about smoking ATM?

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (09/05/08 03:02 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #8882860 - 09/05/08 03:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:

Started when I was 12

Yeah, I'll quit one of these days. :lol:

I'm sexy cool.  :shoosh:

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #8882930 - 09/05/08 03:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Totally untrue. Give it enough time and 1 will be 2.
3 will be 4.... And then hey.... "I only smoke a pack a day"

I'm a very casual off-and-on smoker. I started when I was 19, smoking socially. When I'm under a lot of stress, I'll pick up a pack and smoke 1-3 a day.  After a 1-3 packs at this rate, I'll stop smoking for 2-10 weeks, no withdrawals, no problem (I've been doing this for several years). When I am smoking, I make an effort to drink plenty of tea so i'm getting plenty of antioxidants.

I don't figure I'll keep this up forever, but for now I'm young, and my lung capacity isn't being affected adversely.  I definitely plan to quit by age 30 (a British medical study showed that smokers who quit by age 30 don't have greater health risks than the rest of the population), but for now I'm young, and off-and-on tobacco use suits me fine.

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: HeavyToilet]
    #8882955 - 09/05/08 03:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

HeavyToilet said:
Wow, what an incredibly stupid idea.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

Offlineimagine
Psychic
Male

Loc: CA
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8882972 - 09/05/08 03:26 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Honestly, when did you start smoking? STARTED smoking when I was 18 consistently, although I had smoked one here and there randomly before. I am 21 now.
Would you like to quit in the future? Yes.
How do you feel about smoking ATM? I think about quitting everyday. I smoke a pack a day now and had gotten it to about 5 a day a week ago, but I'm back to where I started. Drinking doesn't help. Fuck cigarettes. I feel weak needing a substance to feel normal. :thumbdown:

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Canada ...
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Cowgold]
    #8882977 - 09/05/08 03:28 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Cowgold said:
Weed isn't an addiction, cigarettes are. 

Hah

People are addicted to all kinds of 'nonaddictive' things.  People are addicted to gossip, food, TV, arguing, computers, drama, relationships, etc etc.  Addiction is a function of the person's behavior, not the substance.

If there is a cigarette sitting in the forest, and no one there to smoke it, is it addictive? 

~Ancient zen saying

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: WhiskeyClone]
    #8883121 - 09/05/08 04:06 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well that's just totally gay and you know it.  :grin:

OfflineRoosterCogburn
Fearless,one-eyed U.S.Marshall
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South, NJ
    #8883160 - 09/05/08 04:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:

Started at 21 because the local pub didn't take kindly to spittoons. :shrug: My buddy offered a cigarette to quell the nic-fit I was having from  not chewing... the rest is history.

I tried quitting 20 or more times over the last 3 years. I figured 10 years was long enough.

I finally quit 2 months ago, not even trying. I had dental surgery, tons of pain and no smoking for a week. When the week was up, I said fuck it and tried cold turkey...

It never, EVER lasted more than 3 days, but this time I felt different... Something in my brain got whacked by the week of agony, percocets, vicodin and finally some steroid I took to reduce swelling.

It's been 2 months, and I feel like I never smoked at all. :laugh:

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: Cowgold]
    #8883188 - 09/05/08 04:27 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Honestly, when did you start smoking? Started smoking about a cig a day when I was 19--hookah smoking gave me a glimpse into the beauty that is a nicotine buzz and the instant delivery of a cig was like God's punch to the lung.

Would you like to quit in the future? The thing about quitting is that it's so... permanent.  :tongue:  I don't like to make decisions that so wholly restrict my freedom of choice.

How do you feel about smoking ATM? Pretty good.  Like Entropymancer said, so long as I quit before age 30 means that my lungs still have an excellent chance of full recovery.  The buzz from smoking is well worth it, if far too short.  And with only a cig or so a day, it's not as if I'm chainsmoking entire packs.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

InvisibleLe_Canard
The Duk Abides

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: terdherder101]
    #8883224 - 09/05/08 04:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, don't take up tobacco smoking. It's expensive and really messes with your health. Just tough your probation out.

Offlineapostle11
Zoom Zoomers
Male

#8883305 - 09/05/08 05:05 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Its been said but that is a horrible decision. You will probably get addicted, 1 cig turns into 2 into 5, 10....

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: deCypher]
    #8883448 - 09/05/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I don't like to make decisions that so wholly restrict my freedom of choice.

Ya and besides how could serious health problems or cancer restrict you.

Also terminally ill people are party-animals.

Having time of their lives!!!!
(What's left :tongue:)

Quote:

The buzz from smoking is well worth it, if far too short.

Are you blowing into a bag, and then inhaling deeply again(*repeat)

Tobacco does make people sharper mentally.... for about 2 minutes.

Though once your sufficiently addicted , you will be smoking to feel like you can concentrate.

Anyway, no offense intended, but your plan of quitting at 30 sounds exactly like some of the things my smoking friends have said. And they still smoke.

Oh, BTW... We're all almost 30 now.
So, good luck with that.

--------------------

OfflineAlan RockefellerM
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: terdherder101]
    #8883736 - 09/05/08 06:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

So I have started smoking 1 cig a day cause I like the high even though it only last 5 minutes or so. You think it's a good idea till I get of probation in june?

Worst idea ever.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

#8883741 - 09/05/08 06:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Quote:

I don't like to make decisions that so wholly restrict my freedom of choice.

Ya and besides how could serious health problems or cancer restrict you.

I take it you're being sarcastic, but I think it's a good point about "quitting."  I'd much prefer to have such control over my willpower that I don't explicitly require an ironclad statement forbidding me to smoke ever again... and in fact, remaining a social smoker who only smokes a couple cigs over the course a week is much harder than taking the easy way out and permanently refusing to abstain.

Quote:

Tobacco does make people sharper mentally.... for about 2 minutes.

And it lowers my risk of getting Parkinson's.  :tongue:

There are people who strictly deprive themselves of each and every eatable, drinkable, and smokable which has in any way acquired a shady reputation. They pay this price for health. And health is all they get for it. How strange it is. It is like paying out your whole fortune for a cow that has gone dry. --Mark Twain.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: deCypher]
    #8883880 - 09/05/08 07:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Not smoking has nothing to do with an easy way out.

That's fucking ridiculous.

While I acknowledge the idea of not quitting, and having willpower, tobacco just fucking sucks.
A little, a lot, industrial tobacco is fucking disgusting.

Think about this for a minute, we barely know how half of the industrial chemicals in our environment effect us and the environment
(BTW, there are a measly 80,000 chemicals produced and dispersed in sufficient enough quantities to make the list.
So there are more. But they're not included for obvious reasons. And it's hard research I would guess.

Now we don't know what those do in combination, under certain degrees of heat etc...

Now take smoking.

We don't know.

Sure we know it fucks people up, they get cancer and all sorts of problems.
But we don't understand all the little tiny details. That's got to be one of the worst things about smoking.

You would look down on, or try to help someone huffing chemicals, or mixing shit up in their garage.
And yet people treat smoking differently? I'm not saying we should shame smokers or anything.

And in fact I am appalled when someone unnecessarily complains about someone smoking outside like 10 fucking feet from them in the middle of an open field, on a windy day :tongue:an exaggeration.
But I'm not "that guy" who is bitching.

But you are performing an experiment. And personally with THOSE chemicals, I can't understand why anyone would ever touch them at all. MDA, sure, please pass it over.

Think about what your doing to yourself with smoking....... Oh wait. Never mind. We don't know.
However studying your corpse will be quite beneficial for science.

--------------------

Offlineterdherder101
High Fledged Wanker
Male

#8884002 - 09/05/08 07:49 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Psilocybeingzz said:
Quote:

he only reason I considered it was cause I know once I can smoke weed again I could toss the cigs immediately, I mean tobacco ain't got nothing on cannabis.

Oh sure. In terms of taste, effect, medicinal qualities and industrial uses, tobacco has nothing on cannabis.

I meant that the high from weed is way better and last a whole lot longer. I don't understand how anyone would prefer  or continue smoking cigs if they can smoke cannabis. With that said though I will not continue smoking cigs. Gonna finish these last 7 and I'm done. I can hold off till june when I will get to see Mary J again.

Onlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
    #8884013 - 09/05/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You could smoke (cannabis) right after your urinalysis a bit if your low on body fat.

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: twighead]
    #8884045 - 09/05/08 07:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:
You could smoke (cannabis) right after your urinalysis a bit if your low on body fat.

FALSE

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (09/05/08 07:59 PM)

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
    #8884046 - 09/05/08 07:58 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

my great grandfather drank beer and smoked a few cigs everyday until he passed at the ripe age of 96, and still in as good as health you could ask for at 96.  He had no cancer, wasn't bedridden, and could move at a good pace for a 96 year old man.  As long as your not smoking 2 packs a day, you should be fine.  Though, personally, I would still have to say that using it as a replacement for weed is not a good idea.  You could easily become physically addicted to the nicotine, and then it would be hard to quit.

In general, cigarettes waste your money, smell horrible, and definitely do not help your health.  They are a lose lose lose situation.  that said, i do enjoy a smoke every now and then, probably 2 or 3 a year.

peace

Offlineterdherder101
High Fledged Wanker
Male

Re: Replacing cannabis smoking with tobacco while on probation...Good idea??? [Re: twighead]
    #8884050 - 09/05/08 07:59 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

twighead said:

Yeah I could but I am kinda on the bigger side (200lb 6'1") and I'm  just to paranoid to do it. I mean I know when my tests are and they are only once every 30-40 days so I could but I have been spending my time getting to know psychedelics well and learn from them. But yeah tobacco is out for me. Might pick up some spice gold and see if that's all it's cracked up to be. I guess my probation is a good thing in a way, I am exploring other things instead of just being the narrow minded pot head I was, lol. Although I always be a pot head, I'll just open minded haha.

P.S. I think I am going to call Cannabis by it's real name from now on instead of it's slave name...Marijuana! Everyone should do the same, haha

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules