Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
mycologically driven individual
Male User Gallery

how little FAE and agrocybe aegerita deal with? and how long to harvest?
    #8874228 - 09/03/08 10:00 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

okay, so i left my house for a few days, and i have a few blocks of Agrocybe aegerita that just started fruiting a few days ago.  The mushies are still little pins, about at this stage http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3090/2614329935_fdaaf5a033.jpg?v=0
(picture taken from someone else's site...)
My 2 questions are this: 
#1 How little FAE can this particular species deal with?  right now they are nice and chubby, no elongation, or small caps, etc.  I made it into a shotgun FC before this session of fruitings... poked quite a few 1/4 inch holes all over (top, bottom and sides).  And i can probably get my girlfriend to do it a few times while i'm away, but she won't be very diligent about it (maybe one or two times per day)
AND
#2 How long until these little buggers are ready to pluck from sub for eating?  i've never grown these guys before, so i don't know flush times yet... just need to know how many days i have until i need to go back and tend to my little babies....

--------------------
[url=http:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: how little FAE and agrocybe aegerita deal with? and how long to harvest? [Re: SuchSmartMonkeys]
    #8881563 - 09/05/08 10:30 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Agrocybe aegerita is very CO2 tolerant.  It will even fruit completely inside a sealed mycobag just like you may have seen with invitro cubensis grows.  They tend to be more elongated but still OK.  Minimal air exchange should produce normal looking mushrooms but may increase contamination issues if the air is very stale.

Flushes should be mature about 7 days after pinning, but the quality is better if you pick them before sporulation.  Your temperature is going to have a great affect on the maturing speed so its hard to predict with any accuracy.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

OfflineSuchSmartMonkeys
mycologically driven individual
Male User Gallery

Re: how little FAE and agrocybe aegerita deal with? and how long to harvest? [Re: Workman]
    #8882377 - 09/05/08 01:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, temps in my FC right now are a little high, they're producing pretty slowly.  It's like 65 in there right now...  These guys want between 50-60.  My girlfriend has been fanning it once or twice a day though, and sounds like they're doing just fine without me.  I'll be back to check on my babies, as well as my mass amounts of colonizing jars of various other things as well tomorrow.

--------------------
[url=http:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract