Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
What the Hay?
    #887819 - 09/17/02 08:19 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Alright, i just went out to put some hay in a bucket to soak, and when I started pulling from my bale (bail, not sure, sorry) a dust like cloud formed, pretty thick, I didn't breath in any of it, but i was wondering if anyone could tell me what this is. I've pulled from the same bale and nothing of the sort happened. The hay is outside, under a plastic tarp, partially covered by the roof. We did just get about 3-4 inches of rain from Hanna. So anyone know whats going on.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShroomBoarder
screechingweasel fan

Re: What the Hay? [Re: Skikid16]
    #888056 - 09/17/02 09:46 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

considering it just rained, it may have been a fungus shooting out spores, but i dont really know... :confused:

--------------------

"Twizzlers, in the chinesed state...."

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #888143 - 09/17/02 10:25 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

you've never seen dust come out of a bale of hay when broken open?? what kind of hay is this?? Shoot we used to bale our own hay all summer long on the farm, I've never seen hay that WASN'T filled with dust, unless it was soking wet.

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: What the Hay? [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #888157 - 09/17/02 10:31 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Not dust, its really hard to explain, when i say it was thick, I mean I was outside and even with a light breeze I could walk in and out of the cloud. I know that hay is dusty, but this seem unusually concentrated, it's very hard to communicate a scientific explination, when I lack extensive scientific knowledge, so to reword question: Does hay go bad when it sits outside? The hay didn't get soaking wet.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #888168 - 09/17/02 10:39 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hell yes hay goes bad, I currently have a 2000 sq foot barn FULL of moldy hay. We use it for mulch in the garden, or lay it down before planting grass seed in areas we reclaim. It could very well be some kind of mold spores. See it's my experience that hay goes bad (unusable for animal feed) if it gets damp while still in a tight bale with the quickness.

It also depends on what the hay was before it was cut dried and baled, ours is mostly feed grass and alflapha.

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale