Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
WoW
    #8870814 - 09/03/08 10:08 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

What server you do play on and what do you have?

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinehighdroponics
Professional Deadhead
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth, Milky Way Galaxy Flag
Re: WoW [Re: Holydiver]
    #8870833 - 09/03/08 10:14 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

terokkar
70 warrior

was working my way into black temple when i quit that game is way too time consuming.

--------------------
Dr :ronpaul: says to stop trying to treat the side-effects of big government and focus on the core issues. End the Federal Reserve/audit the gold reserves at Fort Knox, abolish the IRS, end all wars and occupancies, stop the building of an empire that will inevitably fail, and cut all unconstitutional federal programs. Put the power back in the peoples' hands by ending this nanny-state.

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #8871884 - 09/03/08 02:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Lothar:

70 holy priest
70 MS warr
70 Huntard

Priest is in BT/Hyjal atm.

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

OfflineD4NK
Omni-Potent
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: A Different Parallel Real...
Re: WoW [Re: RuNE]
    #8872519 - 09/03/08 04:19 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Roughly how many hours does it take to make a level 70 character from scratch?

--------------------
  Moderation is key 

"There is no god higher than truth." 

OfflineRazor3lade
Dream-Scape
Male User Gallery

Loc: Philly
Re: WoW [Re: D4NK]
    #8872531 - 09/03/08 04:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

D4NK said:
Roughly how many hours does it take to make a level 70 character from scratch?

Roughly 10 days

--------------------

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
    #8872740 - 09/03/08 05:10 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I LOVED WoW before the fucking burning crusade came out. That game has gone to complete crap. :nonono:

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #8872774 - 09/03/08 05:21 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

hyjal - draenei spriest, cleared sunwell
cho'gall - dreamstate night elf druid
illidan - tauren prot warrior, undead frost mage.

but, i'm done as of sunday. going to WAR.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

Offline0xYg3n
topdawg
 User Gallery

#8875783 - 09/04/08 08:26 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Is this the official thread?

Invisibleatayia
nom nom
Female

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: WoW [Re: 0xYg3n]
    #8877176 - 09/04/08 01:45 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

lets make this the official thread :>

i used to play wow, i haven't since january.  i miss it sometimes and i would love to play casually now but my computer isn't doing so hot.  perhaps when the new expansion comes out i will renew and play for a bit because i am sure there will be some fun new stuff then.

70 druid
70 hunter
70 warlock

--------------------

Edited by atayia (09/04/08 02:18 PM)

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
    #8877278 - 09/04/08 02:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

70 rogue
70 warlock
70 hunter

Rogue is my main... we clear Sunwell in 1 night.. then do nothing rest of the week :P
I run a Naxx on fridays before its gone before xpansion, and fuck around on beta a bit with my 80.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Destromath&n=Shroomism

Lich king is gonna be pretty bad ass from everything I'm seeing from beta :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: WoW [Re: Shroomism]
    #8877586 - 09/04/08 03:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

c u next tuesday, lawl, clever since it's the day raid ids reset, heheh.  sick gear.... how the fuck do you get into all these betas?

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: WoW [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #8878427 - 09/04/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I dunno.. I'm lucky I guess? Well that and having a guy in the guild who knows devs and GMs doesn't hurt either.. most of us got the hook up. But now that I think about it I should have just sold my beta key >.< .. when I see them going for like $500.

And yeah we actually just changed the guild name yesterday heh.. when our GM got hacked and the guy stole the guild bank and disbanded the guild.. we had been talking about changing the guild name for a while anyway so we just decided to rename it <CUNT> until xpac :tongue:

Kinda fitting since for a while now that's sort of been a guild slogan...  back when we would clear up to Muru on Tuesday Night (Loot Night..). We'd be all see you next tuesday to the loot whores... and now that we clear it all on Tuesday night it's even more fitting.

--------------------

OfflineRuNE
bomberman

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: tartarus
    #8879887 - 09/04/08 10:36 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Holy shit, sunwell in 1 night?  What ranking is your guild on US servers?  That's nuts!  :eek:

My gf got a beta key and man, there's some cool shit happening.  Then later on I realized I got one too, just didn't notice it in my email.  Considering I'm looking for a job atm, I'm thinking of Ebaying it.  ...especialy since I'm going to blizzcon and I need the cash.  I leveled a DK for a few levels....hehe, not going to spoil anything, but they cut no corners....very cool storyline/start area.

Heh, shroomism....My MS war is 'Shroomy'.  ;D
NE war chicks look hot with giant swords. 

I'll be honest, at the moment I'm with a guild i've been with since the MC days....but their suckage is starting to grow weary on me.  From what I understand, me and the gf are 2 of the best healers on our server....we could be in MUCH higher guilds atm...the only thing holding us back is the fact that we've grown close to our raiding family, and that them losing their constant top 2 healers would really fuck them at this stage, especialy after having lost many of our top DPS/heals to higher guilds.
Getting into higher level content, the retards really stick out more and more like a sore thumb....DPS barely above the tank (sometimes even below), just tonight a healer did 73% overheals and did the least healing (random CoH moron....and he's an OFFICER).  We have a pally healer, who did a total of 16 heals one night on our off-night mags run.  16 casted heals.
I know recruitment and such work different in high lvl guilds, but how do you deal with ppl not doing their job/class properly? Do officers talk with them one on one?
Our officers love making 'improve your game' posts on the forums, which I suspect the idiots who play like crap don't even read.  I think they fear losing members getting butt hurt upset, and recruiting is slow on our saturated server.

Man, I ranted a bit there didn't I.  :lol:  I guess bad players piss me off to no end.

Edit:  ah fuck, you got dual glaives!  Really are getting the most out of the game, aren't we! :tripping:

--------------------
~Happy sailing~

Edited by RuNE (09/04/08 10:41 PM)

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: WoW [Re: aDoS]
    #8880322 - 09/05/08 12:32 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

aDoS said:
I LOVED WoW before the fucking burning crusade came out. That game has gone to complete crap. :nonono:

Truth.

I am kinda excited for Warhammer though..I'll give it a whirl.

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: WoW [Re: RuNE]
    #8880549 - 09/05/08 02:36 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

We're 51st US last I checked. *61st.. sorry - http://wowjutsu.com/us/index.html
Would have been top 20 if we didn't take so freaking long to kill M'uru because of people not logging on for a month.

I know what you're talking about with the guild suckage.. although I've been fortunate enough to not be in one of those super scrub guilds.. but EVERY guild suffers from those bad players.. what differs in guilds is how you deal with them. My first guild ever was the top guild on our server, we got all the server firsts, opened the AQ gates, cleared Naxx, etc. GM/raid leader quit the game to pursue law school right before TBC and the guild slowly fell apart and was reformed under new leadership with a bunch of terrible players and we suffered for it hard so I just left. I've always been the recruiting officer in my other guilds, so I know what its like. Different guilds handle it differently.. but in Sunwell you simply can't have any terrible players whatsoever .. it's not like the MC days when 10 people could be afk or have their thumb up their ass and you could still clear it. The most hardcore guilds are that way, because they are basically ALWAYS recruiting, and will almost never turn down a very skilled and geared player even if they are full on that class.. which motivates people to play at their best if they want to keep and earn their raid spot.. because someone will replace them if they suck. Basically how my guild handles it, is if you just plain suck, you get kicked from the raid.. and if it happens a lot then you don't belong in the guild or raiding at all. Everyone makes mistakes now and then.. but some people are just plain stupid or bad at the game.. or keyboard turners or don't pay attention or whatever, and they don't deserve to be there wasting everyone elses time who are putting in the effort. Tolerance is thin. If you make one mistake and cause the raid to wipe, it will be made very clear, and you'll be expected to not repeat it. If you make the same or similar mistakes again, you'll probably get screamed at on vent by the raid leader and maybe some of the other raiders for wasting their time. Same mistake again, get the fuck out of our raid basically.

And... yeah... the motivational threads on how to improve your game generally don't do shit. The people that NEED to read them, probably don't.. and even if they do they wont take the advice. It's the same when you give people constructive or even negative criticism to improve - some people will take it and run with it and learn from it and step their game up.. some people will just let it go in one ear and out the other, or take it personally and get butthurt. These are the bad players.  Generally, the good players will already be out there going that extra mile on their own time to learn more, or theorycraft or whatever, to improve their performance... the people that don't give a shit and are just there for the free loot are the ones that don't care and aren't going to go out of their way to get any better even if they are the weakest link. So you got two choices, either tolerate the shitty players and always suffer on new content and be years behind, or don't tolerate them and either replace them with good players or find another guild that doesn't tolerate them, it's that simple. It's not like WoW is rocket science either, if you can pay attention and hit a series of buttons in the right order you win. Some people just don't get it, or don't give a shit, and I don't raid or pvp with those people cause I like to be on the bleeding edge of content. I guess you could say I'm an elitist jerk :smirk:

I could go on for hours, cause I am usually one of those guys writing the how to improve guides, but I don't want to reveal how much of a nerd I am more than I already have :grin:

And yeah the DK starting quest chain is probably the most badass thing I've seen in that game so far...

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #8880592 - 09/05/08 03:06 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

How about this one... post your screenshots... cause I'm a UI whore and obsessed with UI design and functionality

--------------------

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#8880638 - 09/05/08 03:46 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I played WoW for a few months and got a Night Elf Hunter to level 68 and quit out of frustration. Its an alright game I guess. The dungeons were pretty fun, the quests are boring as shit, though. They should definitely expand on the questing system because they're all the same. I started looking into automating it all while I sleep with a program but it was outdated and didn't work well with WoW.

PVP servers are annoying too. Rabid 10 year old retards in uber gear killing all the lowbies in Ashenvale and making leveling even more drawn out. Outland was a bit better, only that it took a frigging MILLION experience points to level up and the only reason to play the game is to get to level 70. And after that I guess its either you do PVP or dungeons and not much else. This game is crack for the god damn brain, I swear! It always borders on fun and never really feels satisfying. It definitely has potential but were it not for its tediousness and its "Chasing-The-Dragon" design.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#8880733 - 09/05/08 05:16 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

my UI was so embarrassingly bad, but i'll post this pic of me when i was in paradigm shift of cho'gall back in april rocking the damage meters on illidan.  there are few fights where this is possible w/ as an spriest, but i usually could claim illidan & supremus.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#8880792 - 09/05/08 05:49 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Everyone makes mistakes now and then.. but some people are just plain stupid or bad at the game..

this being said, care to comment on any personal royal fuck ups? :laugh:  been awhile since i've been raiding, but one of my own sticks out in my mind... was on twins, and our strat was for all the ranged to pile up on the top ledge in the corner.... i hopped up onto the ledge and right over.... nothin' like wiping the raid before the fight even commences, lol.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: WoW [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #8880952 - 09/05/08 06:53 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Seen that one multiple times. Honestly there are too many bad fuckups to even list in one post.. a druid running into the breath on felmyst AFTER it had landed and we were in the safe spot. Druid trying to run from the green beam in felmyst in TREE form.. lololol.. As for personal ones.. hmm.. honestly as a rogue it's hard to make a really stupid mistake that wipes the raid unless its pulling agro or standing in bad shit but that usually only results in your own death. dying to the blue beam in Illidan was pretty bad I guess. Or on muru when we were first learning it.. hitting the wrong add and breaking a sheep which promptly owns me and then goes and gibs a couple healers.

Psyka, funny you should mention that.. because from what I've seen in the beta of WoTLK so far (I'm 80).. some of the quests are AMAZING. Granted there is still a lot of the same old... kill this, collect that.. quests.. but they are not the majority by any means. They've introduced a ton of new mechanics in wrath especially in regards to questing.. it's hard to explain but there's quite a few quests where you go into the "spirit world" and do certain things. There's a LOT of quests where you control pets to accomplish certain task.. whether it be controlling a dragon to destroy a village, or control a tank to blow up artillery guns.. or control a huge giant that has to kill 200 swarming critters that are coming at you from every direction.. all kinds of stuff like that.. some really interesting shit.

Also someone mentioned it, but the Death Knight starting quest chain is the most insane, epic quest chains I've ever seen in wow.. I don't know how they pulled it off. It starts off where your under control of the lich king, and you are reigning terror on this neighboring town bascially, behind tyr's hand. In one of the first few quests you steal a horse from them, and they convert it to an evil horse which becomes your mount.. you go on a ship and control a cannon with EMP and shit and blast away tons of soldiers.. and near the end of the chain you control a dragon and basically have to reign terror on this entire town and kill 500 people and a bunch of arbalests. It's fucking insane.. and as you progress through the whole chain it's like you are in an instance, the environment changes and everything but you never zone through anything, and people that are on the same chain disappear unless they are on the same part.. it's amazing.

Anyway, you're pretty much right about the whole 'chasing the dragon' thing, but that's the nature of the beast and is pretty much what keeps MMOs rolling.. although for Wrath.. it seems like they've realized a lot of their mistakes in TBC and are moving it forward in a MUCH better direction. Only time will tell though... I'm pretty burnt out on it myself.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom