Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: weed problem [Re: blewmeanie]
    #8877289 - 09/04/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

blewmeanie said:
I'm not sure if baking it really increases the potency, or if it just increases the surface area, and thus its potential for absorption. Its also allot easier to cook with a powder than a dried up chewy plant.

What I've read is that baking your weed converts the inactive cannabidiol and other alkaloids into the usable THC, but I haven't seen any scientific studies backing this up.

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekoraks
Re: weed problem [Re: deCypher]
    #8877293 - 09/04/08 02:10 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

'cause there aren't any.

OfflineHeadTripVertigo
at least I'm housebroken
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: weed problem [Re: koraks]
    #8877311 - 09/04/08 02:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Nearly all weed you can buy here is like that. Nice and fresh. Just roll it into a joint, will work just fine :thumbup: Mine used to dry out anyway in a couple even when stored in a closed container. Dank weed, dry weed, crispy weed, don't care, 's long as it's weed.

the buds feel almost doughy with how moist it is.  even the shittiest mids I've had still weren't so tough to pull apart, and they actually had that typical weed smell if not something more intense.  this smells like plant trimmings, of any plant...weed or not.  it's just not cured enough i'm sure.  big difference between sticky bud and this stuff.

--------------------
TACOS LIKE A MOTHERFUCKER

Invisiblekoraks
Re: weed problem [Re: HeadTripVertigo]
    #8877316 - 09/04/08 02:15 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I've had bud in all stages of curing/drying; yours doesn't really sound dramatic.

InvisibledeCypher
 User Gallery

Re: weed problem [Re: koraks]
    #8877317 - 09/04/08 02:15 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

However, the cannabis or its extract must be sufficiently heated or dehydrated to cause decarboxylation of its most abundant cannabinoid, tetrahydrocannabinolic acid, into psychoactive THC.

Quote:

Marijuana produces THCA, an acid with the carboxylic group (COOH) attached. In its acid form, THC is not very active. It is only when the carboxyl group is removed that THC becomes psychoactive. When marijuana is smoked, the THC behind the hot spot is vaporized as the hot air from the burn is drawn through the joint or pipe bowl to the unburned material. The liquid THC and other cannabinoids have a boiling point of between 180-200� C (355-392� F). Before they turn gaseous, at around 106� C (220� F), the carboxyl group is released from the molecule as carbon dioxide and water vapor.

You will be extracting the THC using low heat in the commercially made Coldfinger Extractor. (They have a very interesting online catalog at www.edenlabs.org). The THC will not reach a temperature in which decarboxylation takes place. However, if you plan to vaporize or smoke the extract decarboxylation will take place as the oil is used.

However, it is easy to make sure all the THC is decarboxylated and is at full strength before it is extracted. Although decarboxylation takes place rapidly at 106� C, it proceeds at a more gradual pace by placing the cannabis in a room with low relative humidity and room temperature. As the temperature rises, the rate of decarboxylation increases.

Cannabis can also be placed in a food dehydrator to remove the carboxyl group. Although the heat in the food dehydrator doesn't rise to 106� C, the temperature is warm enough to promote drying and the release of the water and CO2. When the marijuana is crispy and brittle you can be assured that the carboxyl group has been removed from the cannabinoids and they are ready for extraction or removal from the plant material.

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2794.html

--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals, CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds