Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Shroomerites Anonymous

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Anonymous #1

Agoraphobia
    #8873794 - 09/03/08 10:43 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Does anyone else suffer from this?  I've been holed up in my house for the past 6 years doing nothing everyday except working right nextdoor to my house in a warehouse by myself and then coming home and smoking weed everynight its all I do.  I dont talk to people except my dealer and its seriously fucked me up mentaly I dont even like leaving the house to go to the store and do normal everyday things.  Its getting ridiculous I need to put a stop to it.  Anyone have any similar experiences??

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous #2

Re: Agoraphobia [Re: Anonymous #1]
    #8873899 - 09/03/08 10:59 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, I identify a lot with your situation. I work from home so most days I don't even leave the house. I also smoke a lot of pot and maybe that has something to do with it. It sucks, you want to just snap out of it but it doesn't really work that way... maybe someone will come along with some good advice.

Anonymous #3

#8874459 - 09/04/08 12:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm home a lot, but there are people here. I enjoy my alone time, but I don't think I could do it all the time like that. I'd probably go insane.
I think the first thing you should do, if you want to make friends and get out of the house, is find hobbies other than smoking weed: sports, clubs, collectibles, etc and then find people to share those hobbies with. The longer you avoid people, the more difficult it will be to re-adapt.

Anonymous #4

#8874470 - 09/04/08 12:55 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Six years?

Dear god, that's one hell of a rut.

Have you considered therapy?

Anonymous #5

#8874576 - 09/04/08 01:23 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Start slow.. if you really want to fix the problem set yourself goals to accomplish daily or weekly.. whatever you're ready to handle and slowly increase leaving.

The more you let yourself continue thinking and acting this way the more the electrical processes in your brain get use to it and it only become more difficult to break free from it.. that's why old people are so stubborn and stuck in their ways.

Anonymous #6

#8875291 - 09/04/08 05:05 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm extremely  Agoraphobic. Spent many years all alone in this fucking house out in the woods. No contact all day just like you. I was already there, but that shit sealed the deal.

It really Fucked over my last relationship. I'd often stay in the car or have to leave crowded places suddenly. My bitch hated it.

Fuck people. Fuck them to hell.

Anonymous #7

Re: Agoraphobia [Re: Anonymous #6]
    #8875843 - 09/04/08 10:43 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #6 said:
Fuck people. Fuck them to hell.

Anonymous #8

#8875846 - 09/04/08 10:44 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You have to quit the weed.

Most hardcore weed smokers I know are full on agoraphobics or at least experience anxiety when leaving their house.

I used to be like that until I stopped.

Anonymous #1

Re: Agoraphobia [Re: Anonymous #4]
    #8876493 - 09/04/08 01:25 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

No I haven't considered therapy, I'm not gonna pay up the ass to have some douche tell me what I already know.

Anonymous #9

#8876516 - 09/04/08 01:30 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #1 said:
No I haven't considered therapy, I'm not gonna pay up the ass to have some douche tell me what I already know.

You mean pay out the ass so that they can introduce you slowly into the real world?

Whatever, don't pay anything and try it yourself. You will fail so hard. You already made this post so you know its gotten to a point you can't control. You HAVE to get outside help. You are going to get so far into yourself that you will go outside have a mental breakdown.

Anonymous #1

Re: Agoraphobia [Re: Anonymous #9]
    #8876537 - 09/04/08 01:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Honestly I pretty much can guarantee if I went to a therapist I would get the "uh huh uh huh uh huh..... hmmmm well lets start you on some xanax and see where we go fromt there"  which is fine because I love xannies but all thats going to do is end up being another habit.

Anonymous #9

#8876562 - 09/04/08 01:38 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Well I suggest taking those xanax and becoming a dealer. Then while you are a dealer, you don't realize it but always having to make small talk with your clients and whatnot helps dramatically. As a dealer, I am constantly meeting up with friends and making that little small talk that happens in the few minutes were together.

Anonymous #1

#8876564 - 09/04/08 01:39 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Its realy hard to want to go meet people when it seems like I make the effort but most people are just assholes.  I work construction sometimes on the side and I shit you not almost every day me and my boss would show up on the job site I'd walk thru the house and theres of course other people there and just walk by and nod and say "hey whats up" and they look at you like your a dumbass and dont even respond.  I'm so sick of that shit do these people think I realy give a fuck how their day is going?  fuck no I dont and I dont even want to say whats up but its common courtesy and you get snubbed for it.  Thats just an example though not the reason I dont go out or anything it just gets real irritating.

Anonymous #10

#8876583 - 09/04/08 01:44 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Im an agoraphobic and not really a heavy weed smoker.

I became an alcoholic as a way of "dealing" with my agorophobia and becoming social. However, now that Im trying to quit drinking I basically hole myself up inside on the internet. Drinking only seems to be a temporary fix, but if you wanna get out and meet people just get tanked and you'll talk to EVERYBODY.

I had panic attacks at jobs because of my agorophobia though (once at a restaraunt, once at a clothing store and once doing industrial construction)

Anonymous #9

#8876585 - 09/04/08 01:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I think that is pretty normal now days.

I don't even know people who say goodbye on the phone anymore. The things that are just so common they don't mean anything. We have all heard them before and they mean and do nothing.

I usually only care to see whats up with friends. With people I don't know much, I would usually just give them a "Whats goin on" question, because that can be taken more then one way. I never seem to get ignored or anything.

Also, it helps to think that you are normal. Just know that its normal thing to be weary of situations you aren't used to. You aren't used to them because you don't engage in them enough. If you hit up the store once a week then you would start getting used to that.

Maybe take small steps at a time. Don't decline calls from friends or anything. Try to make new friends by accepting offers to parties and whatnot. Make some small talk and people will start opening up.

Anonymous #3

#8876588 - 09/04/08 01:45 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe you should avoid assholes. Try a different place to socialize; gritty construction guys are probably not the best option for conversation.

Anonymous #1

Re: Agoraphobia [Re: Anonymous #3]
    #8876629 - 09/04/08 01:55 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Yea I dont care at all about those constuction fucks I wouldnt of wanted to talk to them anyway I just hate the awkwardness of being around someone in the same room working for 8 hours and having to avoid eye contact and not say a word.

Anonymous #11

#8877309 - 09/04/08 04:13 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

TAKE SHROOMS

thn run out of your door.

your mision is to get a cinabon cinnamon roll at the closest mall.

if you do this

you will be cured.

Anonymous #1

Re: Agoraphobia [Re: Anonymous #11]
    #8878255 - 09/04/08 07:34 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

:lol:

Anonymous #1

#8878260 - 09/04/08 07:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm leaving the house in 15 minutes but of course its only to go smoke some bongs at my brothers apt. :cool:

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Community >> Shroomerites Anonymous