Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
NCAA Tourney Champs Caught w/ Pot At NBA Camp * 1
    #8871658 - 09/03/08 01:14 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Doh!

Really kids, I love herb but if someone told me they'd pay me tens of millions of dollars if I stayed clean for a few months every year there is no doubt that I would have no problem following through with it...

Quote:

March Madness heroes Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur were thrown out of the NBA's rookie transition program on Wednesday morning after being caught in their hotel room with marijuana, according to several sources.

"They were sent home for violating program rules," NBA spokesman Brian McIntyre said.

Sources said Chalmers and Arthur, who starred on the Kansas Jayhawks' 2008 NCAA championship team, were also fined $20,000 apiece and will start the regular season on the suspended list. But McIntyre would not confirm that.

"We're still looking into it," McIntyre said. "Once we have all the details, appropriate sanctions will be taken."

The players were caught by NBA security at the Doral Arrowwood resort in Rye Brook, N.Y., where 69 of the league's rookies arrived last night for the four-day seminar in which coaches, referees and former players speak about adapting to the league.

Chalmers, who sank the game-tying, buzzer-beating 3-pointer that forced overtime in Kansas' 75-68 championship victory over Memphis, was drafted 34th by Minnesota. He was quickly traded to Miami, where he is expected to vie for the starting point guard position after playing well during summer league. Chalmers played three seasons for the Jayhawks.

Arthur, also an early-entry candidate who played two years at Kansas, was a sympathetic figure on draft night. Roundly believed to have lottery-type talent, Arthur sank to the 27th spot after erroneous rumors of a health problem circulated throughout the league.

Then, after being selected by New Orleans, the 6-foot-9 forward was traded to Portland, then Houston, before finally settling in Memphis.

A source said No. 2 overall pick Michael Beasley was also in the room. The NBA, however, said Beasley is not believed to have been involved.

Per league policy, Chalmers and Arthur will have to attend the program again next season

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejewunit
Brutal!
Male User Gallery
Loc: Ohio Flag
Re: NCAA Tourney Champs Caught w/ Pot At NBA Camp [Re: Madtowntripper] * 1
    #8871670 - 09/03/08 01:17 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Meh, whatever. So they have to go to some stupid rookie seminar when they're second year players. They already have contracts and all that shit I'm sure.

--------------------
!

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: NCAA Tourney Champs Caught w/ Pot At NBA Camp [Re: jewunit] * 1
    #8872189 - 09/03/08 03:08 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I'm sure they have contracts.  Contracts and severe stupidfuckitis.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom