Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibledj02220
Stranger

will mccormick poppy seeds germinate?
    #8868545 - 09/02/08 08:48 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

anyone with any recent grows of mccormick brand seed? dont want to wast alot of time and effort for nothing ; thanks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKBG1977
Re: will mccormick poppy seeds germinate? [Re: dj02220]
    #8868579 - 09/02/08 08:53 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

They have a perfect germination rate,produce robust,tall,multi podded pods,and are very potent,and why wouldn't they be,they are grown in the Netherlands.

Invisibledj02220
Stranger

Re: will mccormick poppy seeds germinate? [Re: KBG1977]
    #8868598 - 09/02/08 08:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

cool, this the exact same bottle i have in my hand

the seeds are blue and porous looking on the surface

Invisibledj02220
Stranger

#8868678 - 09/02/08 09:11 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

also it is not listed on the noxious weed list for my state :grin:

http://plants.usda.gov/java/noxComposite

InvisibleKBG1977
    #8868695 - 09/02/08 09:16 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I know all about the McCormick poppies man,and don't listen to what people say about super market seeds being low morphine,it just isn't true.I grow McCormick's every year,and have no reason to lie about the potency.Grow them out man,and you'll know what I mean.I've never had bunk McCormick's ever.I'm not sure about other super market brands,but McCormick's are number one.Check out these pics,they were McCormick's I grew last winter,and they were so damn potent.Just 3 decent sized pods would get you going for hours.

Invisibledj02220
Stranger

#8868704 - 09/02/08 09:18 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

thanks for the pics, 5+ for the help

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

#8868720 - 09/02/08 09:22 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yeah mccormick will sprout
no advice from me on potency
but ive seen them sprout like mad

one guy in the past used to make poppy seed tea by soaking them in cold water, hoping to get some morphine off the outsides of the seeds.

he threw the soaked seeds in his compost not thinking much of it, and a few days later there was a huge mass of sprouts
i wish i could find the thread it was amazing...

InvisibleKBG1977
Re: will mccormick poppy seeds germinate? [Re: CptnGarden]
    #8868892 - 09/02/08 09:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yeah,I told ya,McCormick's have the best germination rate out of any poppy seed I've ever seen,and I've had them sprout in two days!Just think of it like this,McCormick is the number one leader in spices,so do you think the would use inferior poppies for their seed?I think not,they use only the best poppies,thus when you grow them out,you will get amazing super potent poppies.Trust me,and let us know how the grow goes.Hell,post some pics,so you can show other people.I'm going to do my McCormick grow in October,and I'll post pics of it too.Oh,and thanks dj for the compliment.

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

#8869118 - 09/02/08 10:31 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

they grow them according to yield and ease of growing (pest resistance etc), not potency.
they very well could be weak, thought i dont remember anything that was a somniferum being weak.
i also dont remember any particular strain being more potent than another.
the only difference i noticed was in species.

there IS other active papavers you know...

Offlinetenacioustornado
Stranger
 User Gallery

#8869457 - 09/02/08 11:47 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

yes papaver setigerum being one that defintely has morphine.

OfflineDr. uarewotueat
Peyote Farmer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uk / Philippines
Re: will mccormick poppy seeds germinate? [Re: tenacioustornado]
    #8869480 - 09/02/08 11:52 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

and p. paeoniflorum :yesnod:

--------------------
View My Gallery

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: will mccormick poppy seeds germinate? [Re: tenacioustornado]
    #8869564 - 09/03/08 12:17 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

tenacioustornado said:

yeah it has most morphine in it, its a very potent poppy
i have a shitload of seeds i collected from wild specimens

technically they arent scheduled as a plant

OfflineProf. Astro
acirebma

#8872820 - 09/03/08 05:35 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I wasn't aware mccormicks would really produce a poppy that could be used.
:???:

--------------------
:hanky:

InvisibleKBG1977
Re: will mccormick poppy seeds germinate? [Re: Prof. Astro]
    #8872857 - 09/03/08 05:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Most people aren't look at that hand full of pods I grew,those were McCormick's,and they are super potent,and make good arrangements too.Grow you some,and I'm positive you will be amazed with the quality!

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
    #8873063 - 09/03/08 06:23 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

CptnGarden said:
Quote:

tenacioustornado said:

yeah it has most morphine in it, its a very potent poppy
i have a shitload of seeds i collected from wild specimens

technically they arent scheduled as a plant

how was the potency an yiels as compared to the spicerack tpye poppies? could it be a viable alternative for the paranoid minded person?

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: will mccormick poppy seeds germinate? [Re: Zinglons Acolyte]
    #8873115 - 09/03/08 06:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

if you live in a state that they grow wild in, you could most definitely plant a field of them.

if you dont live where they grow naturally, whos to say otherwise? you may be arrested but if a botanist looks at it he would be able to tell the court they are indeed not somniferums and are a wild species that grows naturally in north america. just dont make them look cultivated!

as far as potency? you would not be able to harvest opium from these.
they do however work as a great substitute in pod tea, ive had better experiences from setigerum tea than from any of the somniferum teas ive made.

you could easily take a handful of seed to a dry field and come back when they are dried naturally by the sun and harvest, throwing/sprinkling the seeds out as you leave.

they are supposedly a lot weaker, and contain mostly morphine and thebaine, but in all seriousness were a lot more potent in effect than the somniferum teas ive made.

give them a try if u ever get a chance to locate some.

OfflineZinglons Acolyte
Wizard Ninja
Male User Gallery

Loc: Andromeda Galaxy
    #8873788 - 09/03/08 08:41 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

well legally, these poppys and their pods are perfectly fine because the law defines poppy pods and straw specifically as prts of the papaver somniferum, wiccan seeker explained it better in the poppy thread
Quote:

Wiccan_Seeker said:
Interesting!

Your paper identifies Morphine as being a significant component of Papaver Setigerum, which means a whole range of opium alkaloids will be present and the dried juice of P.Setigerum can be considered an "Opium" albeit likely an inferior one.

BUT: The Controlled Substances schedules identify it thus:

"Opium poppy" means the plant of the species papaver somniferum L., except the seeds thereof.

This means that if you have a field of Papaver setigerum it is *not* an Opium Poppy field as described by US law, but if you do certain things to it you end up with "a preparation containing morphine" which ofcourse *is* illegal. Since many countries define their controlled substances definitions to the American template, this means that in many countries living plants of Papaver setigerum are *not* Opium Poppies by law because Papaver setigerum is NOT a somniferum.

...strictly speaking a floral arrangement of setigerum bulbs are not "Opium poppy capsules", but setigerum-opium would be a felony:

"Poppy straw" means all parts, except the seeds of the opium poppy, after mowing.

And Opium Poppy, if you recall, is defined as Somniferum only. Looks like a loophole in the US law which is interesting, but in a real court you would ofcourse be unconstitutionally nailed and haled off to prison with a fat mandatory minimum for smartassery.

But if these are the definition of all the lawtext on the topic, then your house could be one huge floral arrangement, your garden a Setigerum field and no *FAIR* judge could condemn you for it.

which brings me to my next thing, having a poppy garden with several different species of poppies in it (maybe california poppies in the front and then mix these with several different color strains of somniferum) it would look quite a bit less suspicious than a garden of all one cultivar of opium poppies

this way, one could harvest the setigerum pods for tea, as you said it makes a much better tea, and then lance the somniferums

maybe even make a whole area and blend it in with the landscaping in the back yard with several different types of flowers

--------------------
And they wandered off.. nine ways till bedfast.
-----
"And lets pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space 'cause theres bugger-all down here on earth!"  -Monty Python's "The Universe Song" from The Meaning of Life
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely considered as a bad move."  -Douglas Adams "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy"
"If the words 'life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on." -Terence McKenna

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

#8873851 - 09/03/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

it may have been the analog act, im not sure.
somewhere it states that anything containing a scheduled substance is also considered as scheduled.
this same law makes san pedro, mimosa hostillis root bark, and a variety of other things illegal.

im sure if a botanist told the court it was papaver setigerum, they would know so little about it that they would drop the case regardless.
its practically unheard of.

but yet, if u grew a bunch of papaver rhoeas with them you might get away with it :smile:

personally i wouldnt make them look cultivated no matter what my plan was.

OfflineNiCKh609
Warrior
Male

Loc: America
    #8873925 - 09/03/08 09:02 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

WOW! this is the dumbest thing ive ever heard, which is why its so great. Anyone could honestly do this without getting caught, and you can buy the seeds at the store. Thats hilarious. Thats like going to the store, buying some B+ spores and some MJ seeds, and growing them in full view. Im going to do this =)

--------------------
Combustion?... is that the ability to cum on spencers mothers bust?" - Kenny Hotz

I have never grown or takin any illegal drugs.

Easiest Cloning Tek"

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site

Re: will mccormick poppy seeds germinate? [Re: NiCKh609]
    #8873942 - 09/03/08 09:04 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

NiCKh609 said:
WOW! this is the dumbest thing ive ever heard, which is why its so great. Anyone could honestly do this without getting caught, and you can buy the seeds at the store. Thats hilarious. Thats like going to the store, buying some B+ spores and some MJ seeds, and growing them in full view. Im going to do this =)

store bought poppy seeds (papaver somniferum) are illegal, if you grow them, you CAN and probably will go to prison.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale