Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: Umm schizophrenic forum or what? [Re: Adamist]
    #886464 - 09/16/02 05:45 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

A perfect belief can neither be proven nor disproven.
It makes a mockery of reason by putting irrationality atop a pedestal.

Just another reason why I'm anti-belief.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Umm schizophrenic forum or what? [Re: Sclorch]
    #886614 - 09/16/02 06:44 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Trippers being branded insane for non-stop talk about aliens and related bullshit

This is what happens to many people when they trip. Do you want people to lie about it doesn't correspond to your belief system?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Umm schizophrenic forum or what? [Re: Xlea321]
    #886697 - 09/16/02 07:14 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Not one person I've ever met in the real world has EVER seen aliens while tripping (at least 100 people). Then around early 2000 here on the Shroomery, the alien BS starts flooding in and damn near EVERYBODY has an alien experience. Methinks the rave culture had something to do with that (hit the local headshop for evidence).

Of course, I'm just an asshole trying to plug his own brand of triperience.
Actually... no, I'm not. I'm not selling anything. I don't even own a soapbox. I'm just the village not-idiot that runs around wasting his time dispelling notions of a fantastical reality.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #886703 - 09/16/02 07:17 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Methinks time spent living a fantastical reality is better spent

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Umm schizophrenic forum or what? [Re: Shroomism]
    #886713 - 09/16/02 07:23 PM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I hope that's not because you're stuck in a wheelchair.

--------------------

Offlinejayson
earthling
Male
Loc: Vic Australia
    #887001 - 09/17/02 12:07 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I definitely fit into your insane category. But i consider my self to be saner than the average person. Even if my idea of reality is completely up the shit. I believe that  simply contemplating beyond the safety of the norm,  is a mental exercise of great value even of it's self.

My brain hurts.  :crazy: 

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
    #887184 - 09/17/02 02:10 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Well, I got the alienator 2000. It's got high density tinfoil, 2001 channels, AND it's got little flashy lights too:)

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

OfflineGlacius
Lang
 User Gallery

Loc: Western Cordillera(Inverm...
Re: Umm schizophrenic forum or what? [Re: jayson]
    #887201 - 09/17/02 02:20 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Very well said. It is very important to be extremely open minded. You should have your beliefs, but exersise your right to contemplate far-fetched ideas, because there is so much we dont know, any idea could have some sort of value.
What do you think someone would think about a human flying back in the middle ages?? Probably the same as you think about the aliens. We have airplanes now, and we can fly. I'f someone would have said that a few hundred years ago, they would be burnt at the cross. You see what I mean?? You should never be 100% sure of reality, and what exists in it, because even in 10000 years we will be learning new things. And come on, it's just ignorance to say we are the only life forms here on earth, and out of billions and billion of planets, we are the only intellegent life. I dont know about the abduction shit, but I do beleive that there are alien somewhere.

--------------------
addicted to reason
a hollow understanding trapped me
I cannot see outside but its calling

OfflineREPLICON_TRON
there is nospoon
    #887202 - 09/17/02 02:20 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Non stop talk about aliens is only beneficial in the sense that it offers a model for a mutation in human evolution....first people are captured by the desire to not become a victim and in a sense they seek an answer that will enable them to truly understand their advanced captors...however if the reader thinks even more critically....he will remember that he himself has stood before advanced intelligence so remarkably surpassing his own that at first there was a remarkable communication barrier....yes all of us were lacking as children...were we not...and any adult might have been an advanced intelligence...
So the next step is imitatation....as animals we imitate to understand and learn...thats how kids learn to talk...so the abductee goes from initial contact to the second level of imitating the behavior of the alien...and thats how you get extraordinary mutations like Shroomie....
On a deeper level...the first time anyone trips..this little fungus that breathes oxygen and expels carbon dioxide is bound to kick someones ass the first time...if it is a decent dosage...and from there one can start off percieving oneself as a victim but in fact being in the presence of an advanced intelligence and amazing opportunity to witness a point of view outside one's self.
But what I think is so beautiful is that ...if we were to mimick the behavior of the fungi ...we would inevitably resort to parasitizing the sytem...which I think is a more proactive solution than anarchy..because anarchy wants the complete collapse of the system..whereas those modeling their behavior after the fungi think more in terms of symbiosis...we want consumerism to survive because you can grow a lot of mushrooms inside an empty 2 liter bottle....so I say keep buying pepsi and cling to your private property and whatever...because reality is simply a substrate to me......In this symbiotic fashion we can see that both alien abduction and anyones first serious trip on shrooms are as healthy and natural as standing as an infant , in front of one's parent.

OfflineUnity333
addict
 User Gallery

Re: Umm schizophrenic forum or what? [Re: Debrerebus]
    #887209 - 09/17/02 02:28 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

When I get back from the hospital, I will respond...

Anonymous

#887214 - 09/17/02 02:34 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Not one person I've ever met in the real world has EVER seen aliens while tripping (at least 100 people). Then around early 2000 here on the Shroomery, the alien BS starts flooding in and damn near EVERYBODY has an alien experience. Methinks the rave culture had something to do with that (hit the local headshop for evidence).

Then we need to meet.  I had my first experience in the 60's and it had nothing to do with drugs or culture of any kind.  So do I think aliens exist?  Yes, but that takes a little bit of explaining.  The experiences are so intimate I do not share them publicly but I will, hopefully, in time, explain what I think they are and why I think it.  If I had your life I wouldn't' think they exist either.  But if you had mine (and I wouldn't wish that on anyone) you'd think differently. :smile:

Cheers, 

Anonymous

Re: Umm schizophrenic forum or what? [Re: Unity333]
    #887217 - 09/17/02 02:35 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Be well.

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
Re: Umm schizophrenic forum or what? [Re: ]
    #887223 - 09/17/02 02:38 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

In reply to:

But if you had mine (and I wouldn't wish that on anyone)

come on mr_mushrooms... your life cant be that bad... and if having your life and the experiences you had (no matter how painful they were) makes people be as open minded, happy and easy going as you are then i think it would be worth it...

--------------------

Edited by Lozt Soul (09/17/02 02:39 AM)

Anonymous

Re: Umm schizophrenic forum or what? [Re: In(di)go]
    #887242 - 09/17/02 03:01 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

LOL!

My life hasn't been all bad.  I was referring to the weirdness of it.  Nobody should have to be probed if they don't wanna be! :wink:

Cheers, 

InvisibleIn(di)go
People of the sun.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cologne, Germany
    #887258 - 09/17/02 03:14 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

haaaahahahaha... well you've got a point  :grin:

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: Umm schizophrenic forum or what? [Re: jayson]
    #887330 - 09/17/02 04:33 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

But i consider my self to be saner than the average person.

Therein lies the great illusion. Almost everyone considers themselves that, along with:

"I am more intelligent than the average person."

"I am more beautiful/handsome than the average person."

"I am more open-minded than the average person."

"I am more spiritual/loving than the average person."

...and so on. I am not stating this about you specifically, just that this is very common, almost universal in fact, from the ego's perspective.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (09/17/02 04:37 AM)

OfflineREPLICON_TRON
there is nospoon
    #887347 - 09/17/02 04:43 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Terence McKenna redefines aliens and you might want to que up that name in a file sharing program...its a trip to listen to him.

Anonymous

Re: Umm schizophrenic forum or what? [Re: REPLICON_TRON]
    #887364 - 09/17/02 04:54 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

I listen to him all the time. I have his MPEG's on my desktop.

Keeps me balanced if you know what I mean.

Cheers,

Anonymous

Re: Umm schizophrenic forum or what? [Re: REPLICON_TRON]
    #887377 - 09/17/02 04:59 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Oh, and continue your novel here. It is appropriate in here.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #887418 - 09/17/02 05:21 AM (21 years, 7 months ago)

Not one person I've ever met in the real world has EVER seen aliens while tripping (at least 100 people).

Strange, certainly Maria Sabina refers to her experiences of "enormous reptiles the like of which I have never seen on earth" in the early twentieth century, Mckenna has mentioned it and Rick Strassmans work on DMT show alien contact to be common.

Perhaps no-one tells you about their experiences because they know what your reaction would be? Or perhaps they consider tripping to be going to the local macdonalds and looking at yourself in the back of a spoon. Whatever. There is no doubt that alien contact on tryptamines is a common and extensively referenced experience.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags