Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineESR
Stranger Danger

Gettin started growin and eatin!
    #8803413 - 08/20/08 10:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My friends do shrooms every so often and they keep blowin money on it. I have done my fair share of chemistry, growing things, and what have you. I was going to just grow the little buggers for them being the poor college students that we are. I was wondering if you could take tissue from the fruiting body of a dried shroom to get started instead of using a fresh one. My second issue is that I have never done them before and want to try them. Previously in my life I have gone through a lot of stuff and nearly killed myself numerous times. I was wondering if when I trip any of this would come back because I dont want to relive those moments.

Thanks,
ESR

P.S. I know this stuff is probably already out there and I apologize for asking anyway but I just want a little help in the right direction.

--------------------
_kai_ bitchs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Gettin started growin and eatin! [Re: ESR]
    #8803427 - 08/20/08 10:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You can use a dry mushroom, but its not easy. You need agar plates to do it...

As for your suicide deal...If you question it I wouldn't do it, but for many people this can be such an enjoyable experience that you'll see everything in a new light and no longer want to kill yourself. You would probably even laugh at the idea.

--------------------

InvisibleKrez
RamRod
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Gettin started growin and eatin! [Re: MHbound]
    #8803511 - 08/20/08 11:16 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Or it could really push him to the edge.  Whatever your choice is be careful!

--------------------
Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.  (Homer)

Look, the thing about my family is there's five of us. Marge, Bart, Girl Bart, the one who doesn't talk, and the fat guy. How I loathe him. (Drunk Homer)

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not. (Tyler Durden)

OfflineThe shroomy 1
Luminous beings surround me
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Aether
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Gettin started growin and eatin! [Re: Krez]
    #8803550 - 08/20/08 11:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I would do it!  Week 1 (.5gm).  Week 2 (1gm).  Week 3 (2gm).  Week 4 Go for the gusto!  3+gms

You'll ween yourself into it and get an understanding of what you're dealing with.  Be around happy, (cool), people and you'll be fine.

The Shroomy 1

--------------------

AMU Q&A thread.

Invisibleack
Stranger in the night

Re: Gettin started growin and eatin! [Re: The shroomy 1]
    #8804213 - 08/21/08 05:23 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I wouldn't do it alone, besides that, good luck!

OfflineSix
Stranger than fiction
Male

Re: Gettin started growin and eatin! [Re: ack]
    #8804302 - 08/21/08 06:52 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yes you can clonea dried shroom.. friend of mine put some tissue from a dried shroom in sterilized honey water once and got a liquid culture growing..

for doing shrooms yourself..
shrooms are unpredictable so i can only advice against doing a full trip.
If you really want to try it.. take 15 grams fresh maximum (or about 1,5 grams dried) and be sure to have a sitter..

and don't take anything else.. so no alcohol, xtc or weed even though people say this "takes the edge off" or whatever

Edited by Six (08/21/08 06:54 AM)

OfflineESR
Stranger Danger

Re: Gettin started growin and eatin! [Re: Six]
    #8806842 - 08/21/08 05:26 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah my friends said they would trip sit cause they claim I am the most entertaining drunk/high person they have ever seen. Taking it slow sounds good, I think I will give it a try. Thanks for the help dudes.

--------------------
_kai_ bitchs

Offlineveda_sticks
Cultivator
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: UK Flag
    #8807016 - 08/21/08 05:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

can be done from dried tissua.

the isue though is that we need it to be sterile (no mould bcteria and spores etc) or youd ent of with substrated colinised with mould and bacteria.

thats where agar comes in, can take many transfrs of clean myc onto new agar lates until you have a clean sample to use to grow a master lc

it may be much simpler to just buy a syringe of spores from one of our sponsors use the pf tek, cheap and simple.

--------------------

PF TEK - writeup by EvilMushroom666
Lets Grow Mushrooms - RogerRabbit & RoadKills website with sample videos plus the full PF TEK video series. Alot of great information - BUY THE DVD
Cakes can and will pin! - So you think cakes suck for pins. Your wrong
Franks Simple Coir/Verm Tek
Franks Proper Pasturisation Tek
Franks Spawning To Bulk - Monotub
Professor Pinheads RTV Injection Port Tek
Foo Mans No Soak WBS Prep Tek

OfflineESR
Stranger Danger

Re: Gettin started growin and eatin! [Re: veda_sticks]
    #8859493 - 09/01/08 09:30 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

My friend said it is possible to grow "bad" shrooms, ones that could make you sick or kill you. Is this true cause I have never heard of this, unless you pick the wrong species from the wild.

--------------------
_kai_ bitchs

OfflineUncleMike
Visionary
Male

Loc: S.W. Virginia
    #8859559 - 09/01/08 09:51 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

if you order from a vendor here you will not have a problem with "bad" shrooms because they are going to send you what you order. As long as you do not have contams you will get shrooms that will not make you sick and most certainly not kill you!

--------------------
Live each day like it will be your last, tomorrow my never come.
SporeSmart

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Re: Gettin started growin and eatin! [Re: UncleMike]
    #8860709 - 09/01/08 01:50 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds like your friend has fallen victim to the drug war. When you order seeds for lets say watermelon...What do you get? Watermelons. When you order spores for a certain type of muchroom...What do you get? That type of mushroom.

--------------------

OfflineESR
Stranger Danger

#8861984 - 09/01/08 05:39 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

She said that contaminates could like "aggravate" it or it would grow in a dangerous fashion and be unsafe to consume. I thought it was some urban legend bullshit but I want to check anyway. If you don't end up growing some weird mold I didn't see how it would make a bad shroom. She has done a lot of stuff in her time which is what concerned me, but then again she doesn't always come off as the most bright person. Also, how secure is ordering online, I am a bit paranoid and I don't want DEA agents kicking down my door on suspicion of cultivation, even though these little buggers don't hurt you. Hell I even looked up what they said on their web site and they said that there were few side effects of concern. Why can't stuff just be legal?!

Thanks again!

--------------------
_kai_ bitchs

Offlinewillowmp
Medical Psychedelic Mushrooms
Male User Gallery

#8862015 - 09/01/08 05:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ESR said:
She said that contaminates could like "aggravate" it or it would grow in a dangerous fashion and be unsafe to consume. I thought it was some urban legend bullshit but I want to check anyway. If you don't end up growing some weird mold I didn't see how it would make a bad shroom. She has done a lot of stuff in her time which is what concerned me, but then again she doesn't always come off as the most bright person. Also, how secure is ordering online, I am a bit paranoid and I don't want DEA agents kicking down my door on suspicion of cultivation, even though these little buggers don't hurt you. Hell I even looked up what they said on their web site and they said that there were few side effects of concern. Why can't stuff just be legal?!

Thanks again!

active mushroom spores are 100% legal. because the spores do not contain actives, which are created after spores germinate, you can buy spores legally. it only becomes illegal when you cultivate the spores.

another reason they are legal is people like to view spores under microscopes, and that is what spore companies sell them for.

So the DEA shouldn't be kicking any doors down. unless they find out from some other way.

--------------------
"Fuck it too much Im outta wittbhjkhbhkjsrglhkrgl g I DEE JEUD."
-Because it made sense on xanax and booze...

Offlineshrobbinhood
Stranger

#8862016 - 09/01/08 05:44 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

well put mhbound

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Re: Gettin started growin and eatin! [Re: shrobbinhood]
    #8862612 - 09/01/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks.

Contaminates are obvious, and if you aren't sure thats what we are here for.

Also, yes spores are legal in MOST states, but not in some. Check your local laws, and if you insist on getting some be sure to do it from somewhere that will:

A. send them, and...
B. be very discrete.

--------------------

OfflineESR
Stranger Danger

#8863546 - 09/01/08 10:55 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Well is there anyway to piss off a shroom so it is bad. Plus what would be a good spore to order I've already gotten everything else! :smile:

--------------------
_kai_ bitchs

OfflineESR
Stranger Danger

#8863637 - 09/01/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Im lookin through ralphster's spores and I want somethin sort of stupid proof or as close as you can get.

--------------------
_kai_ bitchs

Offlineeseare
i11 beatz
Male

Loc: bass station 1
    #8863662 - 09/01/08 11:20 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

As far as spores go, a cube is a cube. All are grown in the same settings. Humidity, temps etc... Look through and read thoroughly all the descriptions for each spore you want. Also search the strain discussion. Alot of time and effort went into this for noobies to gather info on grows.

As far as pissing off a shroom just dont piss on it. Be as sterile as possible. Read teks 1,2,3, 15 times before you start your grow. Pretend youre taking the sat's and know your ish. This way you can ask questions that arent brought up a billion times a week. If you show that youre serious and put in the 110% effort needed to be succesful, everyone here will help you.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Re: Gettin started growin and eatin! [Re: eseare]
    #8863958 - 09/02/08 12:45 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

For the most part yes, but certain strains resist a little better than others...I mean for the most part its the same, but it could be the difference in being successful, and not being so.

I'd say a B+ due to its resistance, and its size yields.

--------------------

OfflineESR
Stranger Danger

#8873834 - 09/03/08 08:51 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Thanks for the help gents! Order form goes out tomorrow!!! Hope to get some pics up soon and some updates! Wish me luck!

--------------------
_kai_ bitchs

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals