Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

flushes on cakes
    #886217 - 09/16/02 06:22 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

one time i grew cakes and they didn't really flush... they just slowly produced shrooms.... about one a week... no good... took months for the fruiting cycle to complete. another time i grew them and i got explosive flushes... they spent themselves completely in a week and a half in one flush... i don't want crappy little trickles of shrooms, i want big, short, flushes.... long fruiting cycles are not convenient to my schedule. Here are the variables between these two crops... First Crop: very small terrarium, EQ strain, coarse vermiculite, no incubation prior to birthing, light provided exclusively by 8 hours of flouro light every night. Second Crop... much larger terrarium, B+ Strain, fine vermiculite, cakes were incubated during mycellial growth, light provided by sun through windows. What is probably responsible for the differences in fruiting characteristics? How can i ensure nice big flushes for my next batch? I'm thinking it's a matter of strain and terrarium size... any thoughts?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLapius
Super Fighting Robot

Loc: Earth 25XX
Re: flushes on cakes [Re: ]
    #887291 - 09/17/02 05:46 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

well this is my thought.
i feel that if the first flush was blah and second better look at your variables to the diffrence. a bigger terr. would give it more air to breath and less co2 build up and could help the lil guys do their thing, also you have to take into account that perhaps the spores you were using were old. did you keep the needle in a warm place? have it for too long before using it? this is a factor that can play a part in your misfortune. only thing i can tell you as far as getting bigger yeilds is patiance. the key factor in all tekks. for better results id say fan 3 times a day and give it 4 to 5 hours of light , (since ive found mushrooms tend to grow faster in the dark) they just need the light to know which way is up. always mist the walls of your terr so theres a constant moisture content inside. when you see them fruiting tend to try and fan a bit more since the co2 builds up faster. i hope i was of some help
-PeZ

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation