Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Loc: ..long road ahead..
Terrariums
    #883480 - 09/14/02 05:36 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Hey people. Anyone have any good terrarium ideas lately? It's my first time, I was thinking of going with the simple styrofoam cooler, but I'm not sure if this will be enough room for 12 cakes, so I might use 2 of them. Something I do need ideas for, is keeping the terrarium hidden. I have one walk in closet. I have to take some measurements, but I was thinking two coolers, side by side, inside one of the biggest sterilite containers I could find at the _-Marts. Then just covering it with all of my extra blankets, pillows, and winter clothes or whatever, to make it look like it's just a big container I use for long term storage. What do you think? Any good terrarium ideas? Any ideas for if I inncoculated 24 jars?? Just thinking for the future.  :cool:

Peace 

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI3lunts42o
Spore Collector
Loc: I don't even know where i...
Re: Terrariums [Re: iloveraving]
    #883485 - 09/14/02 05:39 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

use rubbermaid containers they work great and are extremely cheap.

--------------------
Note: This post is a work of fiction and for entertainment only.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I smoke weed to ease my mind,
I eat every tab i find,
I drink shroom tea by the jugs,
Can't you see that I love drugs?

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Re: Terrariums [Re: I3lunts42o]
    #883492 - 09/14/02 05:44 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Huh, Rubbermaid? What size? Please elaborate.

Peace in the Middle East!

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Offlineapatheticgoddess
carnivore

#883506 - 09/14/02 05:51 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

you could just go to walmart and look around for a rubbermaid container-just make sure it seals and is about 10 in. high.  specific size isn't important.

if you don't mind your fruits growing all twisty and in every direction, you could find a completely clear container to put them in so that you could watch it closely without opening the lid and disturbing the environment all the time.

but don't do anything illegal... :wink:  :grin:

--------------------
this post is a work of fiction and is for entertainment purposes only.

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #883643 - 09/14/02 07:19 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The problem with styrafoam coolers as terrariums is getting light on your cakes, if you do want to use coolers, cut a hole in you lid and (rectangle say maybe 6"X10") and put plexiglass over the hole. But then you said something about wrapping the coolers in winter clothes, well if you did this, no light could hit your cakes, and you may have difficulty getting pins. Either use a classic style terrarium, grow outside, or don't grow at all.

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Re: Terrariums [Re: Skikid16]
    #884741 - 09/16/02 02:19 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Way ahead of you my friend.  :cool: I planned on making little windows on the top of the cooler, and also painting the insides black with acrylic paint. The light for the pinning will be a taplight, attached to the inside of the bigger security container. If that doesn't seem to provide enough light, since it's really only a little flashlight bulb inside those things, I'm going to go down to Wal-Mart and buy one of those cheap battery powered fluorescents, the self mounting ones. Although, on the coolers, I might just look for these rubbermaid things and put those in there. It'll be a naughty jungle to pick, but it's cheaper, and saves me a trip to the hardware store.

Peace 

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Offlinefungor
Old fart
Male
Loc: Norway
    #884770 - 09/16/02 02:43 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Just curious, how are you planning to get air circulation? Manual fanning a couple of times a day?

OfflineBullfrog1
Discovery BeyondImagination

#884890 - 09/16/02 04:25 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Dude,
Like others have replied, rubbermaids work fine, BUT, I found that a 10 gal fish tank works best. They're only 8 bucks or so. Makes it more of an "official" experiment. Besides that, I could use it for like fish...

Bullfrog1

--------------------

Offlineiloveraving
Fighting themachine...

Re: Terrariums [Re: Bullfrog1]
    #885150 - 09/16/02 06:47 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Fanning, but I didn't think I would need to a couple of times a day. I thought I'd need to maybe once a day. I don't know, never done this before but I plan on picking up a hygrometer (or is it barometer) to read the humity, and a thermometer because it might get cold in the closet during winter, so I might have to use a heating pad. A fishtank eh.. Is a 10 gallon big enough for 12 cakes? Does anyone have anymore "stealth" ideas. I figure, whatever I use, I put it in a bigger container. But I want to observe them easily also. I pretty much ideally want something with a window on top for viewing the size of the fruits, and the humidity and temperature. This is what attracks me to the cooler, but I want something that I can use again after just washing it out, and I have the feeling the cooler will get funky on the bottom after all of that water and perlite. Thanks for the help peoples!

Peace

--------------------
Daisy Wedding Favors

Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

#885540 - 09/16/02 09:35 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

how sure are you that all your 12 jars will even be needing your terrarium at once? besides it never did a cake any harm to ahng out inside it's jar an extra week or whatever if need be. you may be able to juggle the space you have available this way..and maybe next time you could pack down 6 of your jars so they would grow slower than the other 6?

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #885553 - 09/16/02 09:42 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Fish tanks work good , easy to clean , easy to maintain a micro environment in them , lighting not hard to deal with . More costly than rubbermaid containers though . Not "stealthy" unless you put some froggies(poison darts ) in with them , but contams are a problem then . You have a lot of reading to do ....so get on with it , also pick up a cultivators book , best investment you will ever make in this hobby .
Good luck

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck