Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: Where do i get "DANK" in the 'dam? [Re: Grapefruit]
    #8855460 - 08/31/08 09:16 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Nobody's flaming you... you just asked a stupid question and got defensive when served with the painfully obvious answer. You're the one who cares the most, trust me.

Shops don't even advertise they have the best buds, they advertise that you must be 18 to enter on a little piece of paper. This is how you tell the legit coffee shops from the legit coffee shops. The market sorts the rest out and yes, insures that you get top-quality bud. Just don't ask for a pre-rolled joint because those ARE weak - adulterated with some wacky smoking herb. Ask for the nugs and the hash and do what you will with it, and you'll get insanely stoned.

It's not like you have to ask the "right questions" or anything. Most coffee shops have a menu of all the different kinds of bud, hash, and joints available, it's up to you to determine based on preference and the going prices which seems best. I got a middling strain (pricewise) and got baked outta my fucking gourd, so do not underestimate the power of a 100% decriminalized marijuana industry.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Where do i get "DANK" in the 'dam? [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #8855488 - 08/31/08 09:29 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

You have heard it now...You goto a coffee shop, and its going to be the best pot you have ever had. Lets just say this...

The cannabis cup is held there, and its not because the shops around there produce shitty weed. Bottom line, the marijuana there is the best in the world.

--------------------

Invisiblefailbot999
Re: Where do i get "DANK" in the 'dam? *DELETED* [Re: MHbound]
    #8855520 - 08/31/08 09:48 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by ski_stoned

Reason for deletion: delete

Free sVs!
Female

Re: Where do i get "DANK" in the 'dam? [Re: failbot999]
    #8855543 - 08/31/08 09:59 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Oh yeah, the NoCal weed I get all the time is at least as good as Amsterdam bud.

But something about the experience of just waltzing into an out-in-the-open shop and toking the fuck up simply has no parallel. I'm sure the strain of travel also made it far more of a pleasure for me to wake up and smell the THC. It's not hands-down the best dope in the world but it definitely competes - after all, who DOES have the best dope in the world? I'd like to say NoCal and it's a qualified candidate, but I can't say for sure.

But yeah, go and smoke in Leiden. i can't remember the name of the place but there's a coffee shop within two or three blocks of the Hotel Nuveau, and it was fantastic. Local place, friendly atmosphere, informative staff, DANK FUCKING BUDS.

I'll never forget how my brother and I looked at the menu and naively ordered an "XL skunk joint." The barkeeper handed us a practically footlong joint, and as we stared at it agape, a fellow customer told us in a very serious no-nonsense tone, "That's for parties."

Not to mention coffee and pot are a match made in heaven and they have good fucking coffee over there.

--------------------
Enlil said:

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#8855616 - 08/31/08 10:30 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I suppose it would be hard to get organic stuff over there given it's commercial and you get about half the weight? You only get that shit off mates or hard work haha. Got a favourite strain or place you liked to visit?

When you say don't buy the outdoor stuff is it all shwagg? Went to Tobago (Carribean baby!) and the smoke there was nothing like as strong but it was a beautiful taste and high ($50 an ounce, pretty sure we were getting skanked the hell out of aswell hehe!). Anywhere you can get quality landrace in the dam? Looking forward to the hash there aswell not often i get real nice hash.

Also interested which shops have the best shroom selection?

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Free sVs!
Female

#8855630 - 08/31/08 10:36 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Last time I was in Amsterdam I was 14 and I didn't have a thought in my head of doin' drugs.

However, Leiden is definitely a more down-home kinda place. It's not like it's rustic or in the sticks or backwards or anything. It's VERY urbanized. But it's also far more chill than any urban area you could possibly conceive of before going there. I recommend you take a trip there, and go to the coffee shops there. You'll have a blast far more relaxing than whatever blast you'll get in Amsterdam. It's not even far away - take a train, sit back for 20 minutes, and you're in the chillest place on Earth by my reckoning.

Avoid the backwater areas, because there are some. They're not initially obvious because they're far better-maintained than any backwater areas in the US. But like I said, find the area the Hotel Nuveau is in and then find the nearest coffee shop. You will NOT be disappointed in any fashion by the local buds OR atmosphere.

I've honestly never gotten the chance to properly explore the NL so I don't know if most of it is as laid-back as Leiden, but I really can't emphasize enough that Leiden is the most laid-back place I've ever been that actually has a dense, urban population. Amsterdam is a metropolis more in tune with what you're probably used to from the States, but Leiden is something else entirely.

I don't know if they still sell shrooms in the NL though. Thought there was a ban?

--------------------
Enlil said:

Edited by Tchan909 (08/31/08 10:39 AM)

OfflineGrapefruit
Freak in the forest
 User Gallery

#8855674 - 08/31/08 11:01 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

I've honestly never gotten the chance to properly explore the NL so I don't know if most of it is as laid-back as Leiden, but I really can't emphasize enough that Leiden is the most laid-back place I've ever been that actually has a dense, urban population. Amsterdam is a metropolis more in tune with what you're probably used to from the States, but Leiden is something else entirely.

I don't know if they still sell shrooms in the NL though. Thought there was a ban?

From the uk mate. :wink: Pretty sure the shroom ban was overhauled. Sounds good i'll be looking forward to Leiden.

--------------------
Little left in the way of energy; or the way of love, yet happy to entertain myself playing mental games with the rest of you freaks until the rivers run backwards. 

"Chat your fraff
Chat your fraff
Just chat your fraff
Chat your fraff"

Free sVs!
Female

#8855688 - 08/31/08 11:06 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Grapefruit said:
From the uk mate. :wink: Pretty sure the shroom ban was overhauled. Sounds good i'll be looking forward to Leiden.

Excellent choice. :thumbup: And if you're right about the shrooms, I feel like a moron now. :lol: I'm sure you'll be able to pick out something good.

--------------------
Enlil said:

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Where do i get "DANK" in the 'dam? [Re: berbonber]
    #8855980 - 08/31/08 01:01 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

berbonber said:
Quote:

twighead said:
Quote:

berbonber said:
Quote:

Sid said:
. Producing marijuana is legal there, therefore by the principle of capitalism everyone is doing their best to provide a higher quality product at a lower price. I doubt amateur home growers have much of a market in the Netherlands, most marijuana production is done by professionals.

Don't be an idiot.

cannabis is illegal in holland

dont be an idiot

It's well known the government almost always looks the other way in the case of cannabis in the Netherlands.

don't be an idiot.

i am well aware of this but that isnt what he said is it?

dont be a retard

yep, I don't think growing is even officially tolerated.

So while pot is illegal, manufacture has no tolerance and is pretty clearly illegal by any definition of th eword.

And as has been said, who looks the other way isn't the issue.

Offlinechaos05
Stranger

Re: Where do i get "DANK" in the 'dam? [Re: johnm214]
    #8856381 - 08/31/08 02:38 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

If you want good bud or especially VERY high quality hash, you need to head to Dampkring or Grey area.

One thing that the majority of smokers forget is that the vast majority of weed sold in coffee shops has been tumbled prior to sale.

Stay clear of the tourist haunts like grasshopper/bulldog

Also dedending on what you and your mates are like you may find it worthwhile going to Suzies bar (just by the red light district), its a nice place to smoke and drink. However the positive of this place is that its for locals (very cheap if not the cheapest for drink. But they wont take any shit, hells angels place)and every time ive been there ive been invited to coffee shops by their owners to sample their personal stashes. Its definitely a sound place to chill.

Offlinechinabean
Mycoholic
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Seattle, WA
    #8857025 - 08/31/08 05:32 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I lived over there for a year and I'd recommend venturing out of A'dam for some small town coffeeshops... cheaper and better shit.

OfflineMHbound
Ballin Out At All Cost
Male

Loc: Under The Rainbow
Re: Where do i get "DANK" in the 'dam? [Re: chinabean]
    #8857235 - 08/31/08 06:52 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

This is off topic, but since some of you actually live there...Is it expensive? Is the pay good for people who do computer work...Like System administrator??

I've been but you know I don't know much about it.

--------------------

InvisibleVirus_with_Shoes
Pastor of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Zuid-Holland, Nederland
Re: Where do i get "DANK" in the 'dam? [Re: MHbound]
    #8857596 - 08/31/08 08:42 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Hey guys, I just moved to Leiden actually so I'll toss in my 2 cents.

To the OP- yeah your friends are way off the mark with regards to the weed in this country. It is quite amazing. The only advice I could give is that which others have already touched on- if you want great weed (which you'll get anywhere here) for great prices, just venture outside of Amsterdam and the prices are much lower. They tend to overcharge quite a lot there probably because they can.

If your friends don't find the weed here that special perhaps they could direct to me another place in the world where you can buy a gram of white widow for 4 euros :grin:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale