Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

Pro-pot protesters light up, slow to march [CO]
    #8843319 - 08/28/08 06:30 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Pro-pot protesters light up, slow to march
August 28, 2008 - rockymountainnews.com

LINCOLN PARK -- Pro-marijuana protesters were having such a good time lighting up and kicking back today that they didn't care that they were nearly two hours late starting their march to Invesco Field.

The fragrance of marijuana wafted over Lincoln Park this afternoon as about 100 pro-pot supporters openly puffed away as they rallied in support of their cause and favorite presidential candidate.

“This is a love in for Barack Obama,” shouted Richard Eastman over a blow horn. “Medical marijuana saves lives.”

Denver’s last officially permitted protest march was initially scheduled to start at 1:15 p.m., and then was pushed back to 2 p.m. About then, a band started playing for the crowd and organizers learned that some of their supporters were lost, so volunteers were dispatched to retrieve them. But everyone was having a good time and no one was worried that the march didn’t actually start until about 3 p.m.

Joining the pro-pot marchers were about 100 anti-war demonstrators from Re-Create '68.

“It is what it is. They’re just a little late,” said police Sgt. Anthony Montoya, as he snapped pictures of the gathering. “We’re just here to keep everyone safe.

Eastman, 55, of Los Angeles, was the vocal leader of the rally and told the crowd he is HIV positive and has used medical marijuana since 1994, although he first used the drug in 1963 at age 10. The founder of Citizens for Safe Access travels around the country to promote his cause.

“AIDS nearly killed me, but marijuana never killed me. I have the heart of a 30-year-old. I have the lungs of a 30-year-old,” he said after passing a pipe to Miguel Lopez of Denver.

Lopez lit up and explained his point of view. He said he supports “the responsible use” of marijuana by adults.

“It’s not about getting drunk and slobbering all over the floor,” he said. “It’s about having fun in a way that’s easier and not harmful.”

Nearby, a group of four 16-year-olds shared a pipe. A mother with her baby in a stroller watched the activities. A Denver police officer drove up, stopped and ordered several illegally parked cars moved while a huddle of a dozen users shared several joints and a pipe.

Not all marijuana supporters were happy with the happening scene.

“Obviously, there’s some image issues here with the public use,” said Mason Tvert, who led a group that sponsored a Denver law saying pot use should be a low police priority during the Democratic National Convention. “We support this cause but not what’s going on here today.”

Don Duncan, the California director Americans for Safe Access, said Barack Obama on one occasion said he supports stopping federal raids on medical marijuana users. Twelve states have legalized medical marijuana use, he said, but federal agents continue to arrest users and stop distribution.

“What I’m looking for is action from Barack Obama,” Duncan said. “We need to harmonize state and federal laws.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleCognitive_Shift
CS actual
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Pro-pot protesters light up, slow to march [CO] [Re: veggie]
    #8843610 - 08/28/08 07:34 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Pro-marijuana protesters were having such a good time lighting up and kicking back today that they didn't care that they were nearly two hours late starting their march to Invesco Field.

oh pot heads :lol: gotta love em

--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

InvisibleComputerTekGuy
Teh Awesome
Male User Gallery

Re: Pro-pot protesters light up, slow to march [CO] [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #8843845 - 08/28/08 08:07 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

that's awesome

"You wanna march man?"

"Naw man, not right now, let me finish my smoke...."

*two hours and about 300 bags of chips later*

"Oh shit dude, we gotta start walking somewhere"

"Why, what's going on man?"

Offlinelighttheway
Space Hitchhiker
Male

Re: Pro-pot protesters light up, slow to march [CO] [Re: ComputerTekGuy]
    #8844818 - 08/28/08 10:24 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Most of the active participants of the pot parade invariably found themselves at the half way point; the strip-mall of fast food restaurants.
Only about a quarter of the participants actually finished the march.

lol

Seriously though, we NEED to find a way to write obama, so that when he gets in OFFICE, he already has a STACK of letters pleading that he harmonizes the frequencies between state and federal law

OfflineGastronomicus
3-0-G
Male User Gallery

#8845046 - 08/28/08 10:56 PM (15 years, 6 months ago)

It was fun. I didn't want to go anywhere either :stoner:

--------------------
Make my Funk the P Funk, I wants to get Funked up

LAGM2024

OfflineSparkey_STi
Boomer
 User Gallery

Re: Pro-pot protesters light up, slow to march [CO] [Re: Gastronomicus]
    #8845544 - 08/29/08 12:41 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

WTF?!?  I coulda been smokin other peoples weed in the presence of police today and missed it?!?  BOOO!  Altho it would have been way to oxymoronic for me to appear at the DNC anyway...

No wonder class was so small today... i was the only pot head there!

OfflinePreyToGod
peace.pot.microdot.
Male

Loc: truckin,,,
Re: Pro-pot protesters light up, slow to march [CO] [Re: Sparkey_STi]
    #8846480 - 08/29/08 09:45 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

I just don't understand why with so many people cliaiming medical marijuana saved their lives and so many more citizens begging for legalization the government doesn't save some face and do it.  It's not like it only a small percent of people are behind it anymore, it has to be over a quarter of the country.  Why would the government wage an expensive civil war on drugs that not everyone wants?  We are people too.

--------------------
"We live together, we act on, and react to, one another but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves... By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude." Huxuly
the man in black fled across the desert and the gunslinger followed

just because we all see the:greenshroom:
doesn't mean we all see the same
:mushroom2:

I pushed my fingers through the earth, returned this flower to the dirt. so it could live, I walked away now. But I know... Not a day goes by when I don't feel this burn. There's a point we pass from which we can't return. I've felt the cold rain of the coming storm
None but ourselves can free our minds.”

InvisibleEntropymancer
 User Gallery
    #8846705 - 08/29/08 10:37 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

Obama may support medical marijuana, but he's in favor of layperson's use of marijuana staying illegal.  And with Joe Biden (helped create the Drug Czar office, pushed the RAVE Act through by attaching it to the Amber Bill when it couldn't pass on its own) at his side, I'm sure we'll see the drug war escalated if that dynamic duo wins.  These are some pretty retarded potheads.

OfflineKing Koopa
Mr. Hit Dat Hoe
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Houston
Re: Pro-pot protesters light up, slow to march [CO] [Re: ComputerTekGuy]
    #8846726 - 08/29/08 10:44 AM (15 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

ComputerTekGuy said:
that's awesome

"You wanna march man?"

"Naw man, not right now, let me finish my smoke...."

*two hours and about 300 bags of chips later*

"Oh shit dude, we gotta start walking somewhere"

"Why, what's going on man?"

:rofl2::rofl::lol:

:bigjoint:

--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains