Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRasJeph
RC Hoarder
Male

Re: Powdered ginger + Powdered Shroom = no tummy ache? [Re: AdoreChampignons]
    #8840757 - 08/28/08 09:49 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

AdoreChampignons said:

I was wondering, if ginger is that good at eliminating the stomach ache, why not cut to the chase?  Why not mix powdered ginger into shroom powder and put them into capsules?  Has anyone tried this yet?  I think a good place to start is to cut ginger into shroom powder at a rate of 1% by weight?

I ate some ginger capsules AND some mushroom capsules before. I didn't mix the actual substance, I just ate them at the same time.

I've never had nausea problems with mushrooms anyway, so I can't say if it helped or not.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMaverick
Lover of Earwigs!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Valleys of Willamette Flag
Re: Powdered ginger + Powdered Shroom = no tummy ache? [Re: RasJeph]
    #8840825 - 08/28/08 10:04 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Most people that I know who've been nauseous on mushrooms fasted for 8 hours before and took them on an empty stomach.  Why not just eat a good meal 30 minutes ahead and increase your dose by .5grams to make up for the stomach full of food?  That's how I do it and it keeps me feeling good the entire night, otherwise I get nauseous.

InvisibleAdoreChampignons
Mycophilic One

Loc: Seti Alpha 5
Re: Any Shroom Easy on the Stomach? [Re: themange]
    #8844595 - 08/28/08 09:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:

Wow!!!  Thank you for all your comments and suggestions.  I didn't think I'd get such a wonderful response.
It's going to take me a couple of days to read through all of them.
Thanks again,

Be Well..., Be Blessed,
Mycophilic One

:hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:  :hatsoff:

Edited by AdoreChampignons (08/28/08 10:10 PM)

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Any Shroom Easy on the Stomach? [Re: Psuper]
    #8845232 - 08/28/08 11:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Psuper said:
Often what is causing stomache discomfort, or sickness is a bacterial contamination; food poisoning.  I get no stomache discomfort from even larger amounts of properly dried mushrooms. It certainely has nothing to do with the strain you start with. ~Pixie~

What she said^

Its also the reason a lot of people who pick wild mushrooms and eat them without getting an ID get sick. They then run to the ER thinking they are gonna die. I know a guy who got sick from ps. cyans and thought he had picked galerinas afterwards. When he showed me the mushies he ate I understood why. They were black and half rotted.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Offlinedemonicaeroponic
Ghost
Male User Gallery

Re: Any Shroom Easy on the Stomach? [Re: BlimeyGrimey]
    #8845401 - 08/29/08 12:09 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

People still eat mushies without ID'ing them first?

AND they eat rotten food?

GADAM! *sings* "thinnin' out the ol' gene pool..."

--------------------
My Kratom Experience

>>::(My Garden - Updated 6-16-09!)::<<
(Nelumbo Nucifera) - (Desmanthus Illinois) - (Delosperma Cooperi)
(Coleus) - (Morning Glory H.B.) - (Klip Dagga) - (Nicotiana Rustica)
(Sinicuichi) - (Mimosa Hostilis)

InvisibleBlimeyGrimey
Collector of Spores
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Puget Sound
Re: Any Shroom Easy on the Stomach? [Re: demonicaeroponic]
    #8845506 - 08/29/08 12:32 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

There will always be people who eat un-ID'ed mushrooms.

Lately there have been quite a few posts of people eating Chlorophyllum molybdites thinking they were wild cubensis. The posts were on this forum and a few other mushroom forums.

To The OP:
Tea is the best way to avoid stomach problems, IME.

--------------------
Message me for free microscopy services on Psilocybe, Panaeolus, and Gymnopilus species.

Looking for wild Panaeolus cinctulus and Panaeolus olivaceus prints.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate