Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
12th Planet Arrives!
    #884393 - 09/15/02 09:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

(I dedicate this post to Shroomism).

MYSTERY OBJECT

Since September 5th, the Minor Planet Mailing List (MPML) has been abuzz with speculation about an unidentified 16th- magnitude object. During the next 10 days the object will be moving rapidly across Aries and then Taurus, passing between the Pleiades and Hyades star clusters.

Bill Yeung discovered the object September 3rd in CCD images taken with an 0.45-meter telescope in Benson, Arizona. The fast- mover was "auto detected" when he analyzed his images with DC-3 Dreams' PinPoint software. Yeung e-mailed the positions to the Minor Planet Center (MPC) in Cambridge, Massachusetts

http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/iau/mpc.html

which quickly posted the object on its Near-Earth Object Confirmation Page under the temporary designation J002E3. But within a few days the MPC removed the object from that listing; preliminary orbit calculations suggested it was traveling in a large, 50-day orbit around the Earth, not the Sun. It had all the earmarks of being a spent rocket casing or other piece of "space junk" instead of a true minor planet.

But what exactly is it? Efforts by Tony Beresford in Australia and other satellite experts have failed to match this object with any known artificial satellite. Photometric measurements by Peter Kusnirak in the Czech Republic failed to show much variation in brightness, as would be expected of a small metallic object, especially if cylindrical. But the big question is, if it is really in Earth orbit, why has it not been detected before? In Yeung's words, 16th magnitude should have made it "a piece of cake" for survey telescopes like LINEAR and NEAT, or for CCD-equipped amateur instruments, to locate long ago.

Finally, late on September 9th, Paul Chodas (Jet Propulsion Laboratory) weighed in with this posting to the MPML:

"The unusual object J002E3, formerly on the Minor Planet Center NEO confirmation page, has been loaded into our Horizons system so that interested observers can generate ephemerides.... Further observations of the object are highly desirable to help characterize the nature of the object: we will update our orbit solution as they become available.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Edited by Swami (09/15/02 09:29 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: 12th Planet Arrives! [Re: Swami]
    #884416 - 09/15/02 09:37 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Sounds more like space trash

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

Loc: there
    #884424 - 09/15/02 09:40 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I'm VERY interested in finding out what this object is.

Here is one possibility:

http://neo.jpl.nasa.gov/index.html

But it could be ANYTHING. We just don't know yet... isn't this exciting?

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: 12th Planet Arrives! [Re: Shroomism]
    #884428 - 09/15/02 09:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

12th planet is 3 times the size of Earth.. when it is close there will be no mistaking.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#884453 - 09/15/02 09:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Are you saying that at some point in the future a planet 3 times the mass of Earth will invade the inner solar system?

hmmmm.......

Anyway, here is another link with a picture of the mystery object.
http://skyandtelescope.com/news/current/article_737_1.asp

According to JPL/NASA (previous link):

"the object has a surprisingly large 20 percent chance of impacting the Moon in 2003"
and
"our current analysis shows the object to have about a 3 percent chance of impacting the Earth within the next 10 years"

assuming that the object is not under its own power...

I don't know about you but this is the kind of stuff that makes me juices flow :grin:.

...but it's probably just space junk  :frown:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: 12th Planet Arrives! [Re: infidelGOD]
    #884457 - 09/15/02 09:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That is precisely what I am saying.

--------------------

InvisibleinfidelGOD
illusion

#884499 - 09/15/02 10:11 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Actually, it's not completely out of the question.

Have you heard of the "Nemesis Theory"

do a search on it... I think you'll find it interesting.

The thing is, if there is a long period planet orbiting the Sun in a highly elliptical orbit, it would have to orbit in some kind of harmonic resonance with the rest of the planets so as not to disturb the orbits of the inner planets - especially if the planet is 3 times the mass of Earth.

It would cause all kinds of havoc on the fragile orbits of the inner planets leading to drastic climatic changes and possibly leading to mass extinctions - not to mention that such a large mass entering the inner solar system will bring along with it a massive comet swarm like the one that wiped out the dinosaurs.

In fact a new theory says that indeed a comet swarm impacted the Earth 65 million years ago: http://skyandtelescope.com/news/current/article_738_1.asp A swarm of comets can be caused by a large mass moving through the Oort cloud or Kuiper belt - "the massive comet reservoirs found at the outer reaches of our solar system"

By any chance, do you know the orbital period of this 12th planet? What is it like? Any inhabitants?
I'm inclined to believe that there are more planets orbiting the the Sun than we are aware of, but I want more details.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: 12th Planet Arrives! [Re: infidelGOD]
    #884509 - 09/15/02 10:17 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I took this from my website

The 12th planet, aka Planet X, aka Nibiru is a 'missing' planet that belongs to our solar system. 6,000 years ago.. the Sumerian's description of our solar system includes one more planet which they called "Nibiru", which means "Planet of the Crossings" This planet was also known as the 12th Planet (The Sumerians counted the Sun and the Moon as planets)

Nibiru has a retrograde, comet-like orbit. It revolves around our Sun and another 'dead' star in Orion. It takes Nibiru 3,600 years to rotate around our sun and its sister sun in the Orion System. This makes one Nibiru year 3,600 of ours. It will make its pass around our Sun, and then begin the long journey through space... heading towards the Orion system in an endless dance between two stars.

Currently, this planet is due for a run through our solar system..and will soon pass the Earth...This planet has approximately 3  times the mass of Earth and is 23 times as dense. As this planet passes us, its gravitational force will disrupt our rotation and result in a 90 degree shift of the poles...as has been recorded countless times in the past. The calculated time of passage is mid 2003.

Nibiru is inhabited by the Anunnaki, also called the Nefilim in the Bible.
Genesis 6:1 When mankind began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born to them, 6:2 the sons of God saw that the daughters of mankind were beautiful. Thus they took wives for themselves from any they chose. 6:3 So the Lord said, “My spirit will not remain in mankind indefinitely, since they are mortal. They will remain for one hundred and twenty more years.”

6:4 The Nephilim were on the earth in those days (and also after this), when the sons of God were having sexual relations with the daughters of mankind, who gave birth to their children. They were the mighty heroes of old, the famous men.

6:5 But the Lord saw that the wickedness of mankind had become great on the earth. Every inclination of the thoughts of their minds was only evil all the time. 6:6 The Lord regretted that he had made mankind on the earth, and he felt highly offended. 6:7 So the Lord said, “I will wipe mankind, whom I have created, from the face of the earth—everything from mankind to animals, including creatures that move on the ground and birds of the air, for I regret that I have made them.”

The Anunnaki play a large role in the Earth's past, as they have visited our planet in recent passings of their planet. They mined gold from our planet to help sustain their atmosphere, and also are responsible for tinkering with our DNA in an attempt to make a slave race. (To mine the gold)

The Sumerians had immense knowledge. They knew about Uranus and Neptune and described them and they knew about Pluto. They were proficient in mathematics and, in many respects, their knowledge surpassed modem times. They said, "All that we know was told to us by the Anunnaki."

The Roman culture is the best example of the Anunnaki civilization that we have..since the Romans copied them exactly. Even down to the outfits. Many of the innovations we give credit to the Romans were actually taught to the Romans by the Anunnaki.

This is, of course, all hearsay  :wink: 

--------------------

Edited by Shroomism (09/15/02 10:21 PM)

Anonymous

#884528 - 09/15/02 10:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

It's all Greek to me.

Offlinericyjo
I'm a teapot

Loc: -53.121600, 73.763943
Re: 12th Planet Arrives! [Re: ]
    #885120 - 09/16/02 06:26 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Once again I gotta share this 3D virtual model of the galaxy that allows you (the user) to navigate through space just like Mr. Buzz. (aldren)

www.shatters.net/celestia

--------------------
"Re-examine all that you have been told...
dismiss that which insults your soul." -Walt Whitman

OfflineWorldRaven
Duality of aRaven
Loc: Among the souls of my peo...
    #885943 - 09/16/02 02:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

The Roman culture is the best example of the Anunnaki civilization that we have..since the Romans copied them exactly. Even down to the outfits. Many of the innovations we give credit to the Romans were actually taught to the Romans by the Anunnaki.

Aliens in Togas! Thats got to be site to see!!!

--------------------
I created the world................
Now I must create it anew........

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #886463 - 09/16/02 05:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Shroomism-

In 2003, when Nibiru DOESN'T show up... will you shut up about it?

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

Re: 12th Planet Arrives! [Re: Sclorch]
    #886511 - 09/16/02 06:00 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

isnt 2012 the last mayan year? whats all that jazz?

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#886618 - 09/16/02 06:45 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Shirley you are joking. You know how these things work, schlorchmeister. An excuse about how we weren't ready and a new date will follow.

I need that $10,000 shroomism. Wait a minute! Now I know why the entire shroomery hard disk was erased! The proof of our bet was terminated in the best government style.

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #886674 - 09/16/02 07:05 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Now I know why neither one of us is a moderator... even though we've both been around longer than most people in this forum. hehe

Actually, I just prefer my name in red rather than green (under the classic shroomery skin). Yessir... I intentionally try to piss off enough people just so I won't get nominated...

Now what was that age-old Subgenius mantra???

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #886679 - 09/16/02 07:08 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Are you implying that I had something to do with the server crashes and subsequent triple deletion of my account and all my posts?

Our bet still stands. Wasn't it $20,000?

--------------------

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
    #886707 - 09/16/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I hope you're saving up now... interest on 20 grand adds up (unless Swami lets you off easy with a 0% APR).

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#886751 - 09/16/02 07:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Nah, but it was erased in the best Majestic 12 style, though...

$20,000 it was/is.

--------------------

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

#886752 - 09/16/02 07:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I would be happy to get dinner and a movie out of the bet.

--------------------

InvisibleSenor_Doobie
Snake Pit Champion
 User Gallery

Loc: Trump Train
    #887413 - 09/17/02 05:18 AM (21 years, 6 months ago)

What's the bet?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix