Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Kit method ??????
    #884117 - 09/15/02 07:20 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I was given a homestead classic kit .........Are they reliable ?
Is method more trouble than it is worth ? :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Loc: Playa del Carmen
Re: Kit method ?????? [Re: tripndicular]
    #884123 - 09/15/02 07:22 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

If you do what it says, it will work.  Since it was given to you, go ahead and make the best of it.. :grin: 

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Kit method ?????? [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #884135 - 09/15/02 07:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I was disappointed in the "directions" that were in the kit . I purchased the cultivators book , and have been hanging out around here . I already germinated spores succesfully .
I have heard about so many methods , I think I like the idea of growing in bulk subs , but have not found a simplified enough recipe for bulks . Most items I have seen are in such large quatity it is overwhelming . I am refering to a search I did here and got bluhoney's massive recipe for compost .
Thanx for the input . :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #884138 - 09/15/02 07:28 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

i think its alot more fun to grow them yourself from spore to shroom......gives you a real sence of achievment, plus your liable to learn a few things along the way :shocked: but im sure it will work fine if you follow the directions......but wheres the fun in that? 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisibletripndicular

Re: Kit method ?????? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #884169 - 09/15/02 07:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

So far I agree on that grow from spore thing . It is nice to know I am selecting the best possible mycelium verses the hap hazzard method in cakes . It is cool to see them come from spores to fuzz so far(my "precious" little rhizmos ) . I just am at the point where I want to be ready for next run , getting materials together . I refuse to pay what they want for esentially dirt .  :cool: 

--------------------

InvisibleTM
The Mind, The Many, The Music.
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Under The Table And Dream...
Re: Kit method ?????? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #884191 - 09/15/02 07:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

wrestler, just so you know, the Homestaed Classic kit is a totally advanced spore on MEA rhyzomorph isolation to MEA, to birdseed to compost method. Actually quite advanced and difficult for a beginner, especially with the lousy instructions included.

I believe what you thought he had was the EZ-Gro kit which a monkey can do.

--------------------
================================================

"Have some congratulatory drugs." - C. Montgomery Burns

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

TM™ :cool:

OfflineDERRAYLD
Constructus
Male User Gallery
Loc: South Africa
Trusted Cultivator
    #884195 - 09/15/02 07:53 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Gosh!!!

The larger percentage of people here that haven`t been growing for long should rather first focus on getting PF jars and then grains to colonise and fruit.
Once you`ve perfected these methods then Bulk substrates should be child's play.
As far as recipes and what have you for these bulk substrates I don`t know why people complicate matters.

It`s simple.
Get some poo and straw, either mix the 2 50/50 or any ratio you want and pastuerise it.
Or just pastuerise poo, or just straw.
It`s really simple.

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
Re: Kit method ?????? [Re: TM]
    #884198 - 09/15/02 07:55 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Plenty of beginners have used the Classic Kit with success. Sure, it's more difficult than most, but it's not impossible. I know a newbie for instance who is probably going to get a flush from her pan cyans before her cubensis. Hell, I started out by playing with the instructions in the Oess & Oeric book.

--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #884248 - 09/15/02 08:14 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I bought the Classic kit 7 years ago, long before the PF tek was invented. It was the only home growing kit I could find at the time and I knew nothing then. I also bought TMC with the kit but was intimidated by the size and what seemed highly technically termed book, so I didn't read it and I failed miserably at petri stage.

I know better now, but obviously a newbie should stay away from MEA and isolates unless they educate themselves thoroughly in sterile techniques and incubation proceedures.

A newbie will fare much better with sterilized grains or PF with multi-spore direct than going through the advanced methods the first time.

--------------------

I'll probably always do drugs, so that just contributes to the addiction to The Shroomery... It's a vicious circle of bliss. :tongue2:

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #884250 - 09/15/02 08:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

ya... all the kits ive encountered arelike duh.....mist? :grin: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #884252 - 09/15/02 08:18 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

I bought the Classic kit 7 years ago, long before the PF tek was invented.

This is false. The PF Tek was first sold in 1991. From the PF site:
    The PF TEK revolution began in September 1991, when Psylocybe Fanaticus introduced the PF magic mushroom culture kit in High Times Magazine. It has become The New Gateway to Psycho Botanical Salvation.
In reply to:

I also bought TMC with the kit but was intimidated by the size and what seemed highly technically termed book, so I didn't read it and I failed miserably at petri stage.

I have much success with agar and petri dishes. I also don't own a copy of TMC.

In reply to:

I know better now, but obviously a newbie should stay away from MEA and isolates unless they educate themselves thoroughly in sterile techniques and incubation proceedures.

I agree with this, but a newbie who is dedicated to the process could easily succeed with the Classic Kit in my opinion.

In reply to:

A newbie will fare much better with sterilized grains or PF with multi-spore direct than going through the advanced methods the first time.

Probably, but if I were a newbie and was given the Classic Kit, I would make it succeed. It only takes patience, dedication, and the willingness to follow directions.

Peace

--------------------

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #884317 - 09/15/02 08:51 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

In reply to:

The PF Tek was first sold in 1991. From the PF site:

I stand corrected. But, I didn't even have internet access until 7 years ago and Homestead was all I could find then.

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #884380 - 09/15/02 09:22 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Also, why not take a look at one of my isolates that I cultivated without the benefit of the venerable TMC. This was grown out and isolated on agar. I then mailed a petri dish of said isolate to Eric at the FSRE. The end results:

--------------------

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #884426 - 09/15/02 09:41 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

That's real nice mickey!

I have tried several cloning experiments with both Cambodian and Tazmanian strains and can't get anything but cottony growth that doesn't even fill the dish.
(using MEA)
What's the trick to getting the rhyzzy stuff?

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #884431 - 09/15/02 09:43 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I innoculated the agar using a syringe. After I notice good growth, I begin to isolate the growth by transferring to new petris. You'll know when you have a good isolate.

--------------------

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #884438 - 09/15/02 09:46 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

With multi-spore, sure, I can understand how it can happen. How do you get it from a clone start?

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #884443 - 09/15/02 09:47 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

For me, cloning is very simple. I excise some tissue and stick it on a plate of peroxidated PDA. That's it. If yours doesn't show much growth, I feel like you might be suffering from contamination.

--------------------

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #884456 - 09/15/02 09:52 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

Well, then maybe the difference is the medium. There doesn't appear to be contams on the plate, just minimal cottony growth. I'll make some PPDA for my next clone try. Thanks.

--------------------

InvisibleTM
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #884486 - 09/15/02 10:04 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

One last question... Since the only agar I have is MEA, would it be feasible to use PPD solutution instead of water mixed with the MEA for a decent medium? Or should I wait and get some AA?

--------------------

Invisiblemickey_rourke
Illegal Smile
    #884489 - 09/15/02 10:07 PM (21 years, 6 months ago)

I don't think the MEA is the issue to be honest. Why not try to remove some of the apparently healthy growth from the petris and transfer them. See what happens.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder