Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: The DNC. [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #8834231 - 08/27/08 05:35 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Oh, epic fail

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinetomnl
Beginner
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the shroom
Re: The DNC. [Re: zouden]
    #8834407 - 08/27/08 07:54 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

There are multiple things (getting) fucked up in your country, why just protest for one thing? Why not one big protest for all.

--------------------
Been away so long I hardly knew the place
Gee, it's good to be back home
Leave it till tomorrow to unpack my case
Honey disconnect the phone
I'm back in the USSA
You don't know how lucky you are, boy
Back in the US
Back in the US
Back in the USSA

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The DNC. [Re: KillerPicklez]
    #8836287 - 08/27/08 04:25 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Well okay so my dealer friend was one of the people in the barricade and I was texting them the whole time. I needed a fat sack of chronic and the cops were in the way of that.

Would you then protest haha.

I dont care what people have to say about "What cause, blah blah blah."

If you could say "FUCK YOU PIG!" to a cops face and not be arrested for it. Would you do it? For all those times they give a ticket for not stopping when you clearly stopped for 3 seconds because you saw that mother fucker right there on the street corner. Or they give you a speeding ticket when your going 60 in a 55 and everyone else is doing 65. For anything they have ever done. It was the group protesting that the cops stopped. It was us who were trying to get the cops to stop.

Its just one of those things where you just have to be there.

Oh and there is a fucking Rage show tonight  :shakefist:

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: The DNC. [Re: Dephect]
    #8836577 - 08/27/08 05:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't be surprised if the protests are disorganized, the FBI went around and arrested key protest organizers the day before.

Additionally activist news source news.infoshop.org has been down since the protests began, it's beginning to make me suspicious because it only happens whenever there is a large protest in the US where anarchists and anti-capitalists are present. I think this is probibly one of the main reasons people are disorganized at the DNC, another main reason is most of the planning of groups has probibly gone into the RNC.

I don't really know what the recreate68 convergence is all about (I'm assuming the 68 riots though). Frankly I'm not a believer in an anarchist model of governing, but am an anarchist in that I share similar concerns and values as other anarchists (or believe in anarchism as a force not a model).

Now as for these folks, you can bet they are not democrats at all. They are likely mostly young people disenfranchised by an electoral system that represents nothing near their views and nothing near a reasonable compromise of their views in their opinion. All I've seen from the protest was that fox news piece (not of journalism but shit rather), nothing else even on TDS or TCR (though I missed some of TDS). I think the media likes to whitewash the public opposition to the main parties particularly and this is the reason why no coverage and/or no positive coverage of protesters generally happens at these events. Though perhaps they come off as non-intellectuals I'd like to state that people in attendance of this protest are not as dense as supporters at the DNC. After all, if you wanted to know what the democrats want to say about their political positions would you ask a democratic official or just some random democratic supporter.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

Invisiblethedefone
deus ex machina

Loc: Gondwana
Re: The DNC. [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8836701 - 08/27/08 05:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

the FBI went around and arrested key protest organizers the day before.

Link please.

--------------------

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The DNC. [Re: thedefone]
    #8836768 - 08/27/08 06:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

oops. some of the protest leaders were still there.

oh and this was my monday night
http://cbs4denver.com/denver2008/arrests.clash.protest.2.803080.html

InvisibleDephect
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8836800 - 08/27/08 06:06 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

actually here is a better depiction of my night..

&feature=related

this one makes the cops look really good

&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl=en&q=denver%20dnc%20convention&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wv

Edited by Dephect (08/27/08 06:30 PM)

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: The DNC. [Re: thedefone]
    #8837051 - 08/27/08 06:51 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thedefone said:
Quote:

the FBI went around and arrested key protest organizers the day before.

Link please.

http://news.infoshop.org/article.php?story=20080825144923565
http://colorado.indymedia.org/node/954
http://adriennecareyhurley.blogspot.com/2008/08/pre-emptive-arrests-at-dnc.html
http://cascadia.olympiaworkers.net/fbi-arrests-olympia-resident-suspected-elf-activity

All of those except the last one are references to the same arrest of 5 people by the FBI for puzzling reasons. The last one is a lone ELF activist and the FBI may have evidence against him.

Edited by ScavengerType (08/27/08 06:57 PM)

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

#8837525 - 08/27/08 08:24 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

ReCreate68

This is the offical recreate 68 website's what's with the name explanation.

Quote:

Let us be clear: the name is not “Recreate Chicago 68” or “Recreate the DNC 68.” The idea that “Recreate 68” refers specifically to the events of late August 1968 in Chicago has been put out by those who wish to discredit an organization planning peaceful, nonviolent protests by associating it with what they would have us believe was a violent protest 40 years ago. Let us also be clear that those conducting this smear campaign are distorting history: what happened in Chicago in 1968 was not a violent protest,  but rather a “police riot,” the term used by the Walker Commission, a  body appointed by the Nixon administration to investigate the events surrounding the Chicago convention.

The website gives the impression that R68 is a police brutality management group. Thus why R68 people were handing out goggles and bananas to people who were likely to be targeted by pepper spray and teargas.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

InvisibleKillerPicklez
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Flag
    #8837788 - 08/27/08 09:02 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

:rolleyes:

InvisibleAhronZombi
AhronZombi

#8844995 - 08/29/08 12:46 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah recreate68 was an epic fail. GoBoma.

Im a total anarchist i like to believe. But these groups lately are not kool. the protesters these days are paranoid rednecks and dim wit communists that like to believe they are hippies. The real protesters that i digg who are really original and really make a difference are the Anonymous chanology 4chan kids that protest the churches monthly.

Edited by AhronZombi (08/29/08 12:50 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom