Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBlasphemous
Novice Mushroom Hunter
Female

Todays Hunt.
    #8826337 - 08/25/08 06:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Went hunting today, rained yesterday and a little today.
This is what i found.

This one has cool looking pink gills and a kind of shaggy cap.

This is a small puffball that i found.

So would i be correct in assuming this is not alder chips and in fact aged cedar?

These were found growing in a big pile of tore up sod. The stipes bruise a yellow/orange color while the cap and gills bruise a brilliant traffic cone orange; unfortunately my pics don't give them justice.

Went a different direction from my place than i usually do and found a trail leading back into a hilly pine area, looked for chanterelles but didn't find any.:sad:

This isn't meant to be an id request but if anyone happens to know the genus or species offhand please do share.:gethigh:

--------------------
"Liars prosper."
~Anonymous
[quote]lexmark said:
no, howbout you learn to be illiterate[/quote]:rofl:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLouiseLouise
starstruck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Searching w/my good eye c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Todays Hunt. [Re: Blasphemous]
    #8827028 - 08/25/08 07:51 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

The first one is Agaricus arvensis or similar. The last is Lepiota americana (if that's what it's still called) or similar.

--------------------
"That's why you get in close to them, and then take the picture!! Don't be a pussy!" ~CC

InvisibleBlasphemous
Novice Mushroom Hunter
Female

Re: Todays Hunt. [Re: Troll Bot]
    #8828000 - 08/25/08 10:40 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Well that would be cool if I did indeed find those species. I'm gonna go out tomorrow or the next day and procure a specimen of each to get a spore print and better pictures.

It's been raining most of the day so hopefully there will be more there than just the ones I left undisturbed.

I'm not really that comfortable accurately ID'ing those species, (That's what you guys are for right? :crazy2:) but it would be cool to be able to accurately identify all the edibles and medicinals around the area as well as actives.

Knowledge is power. :headbanger:

Thanks for the input.

--------------------
"Liars prosper."
~Anonymous
[quote]lexmark said:

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #8828104 - 08/25/08 11:04 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

1.  Probably Psalliota leucotricha, current name Agaricus arvensis (just for LouiseLouise).  The identifying characteristic is the veil remnants on the cap margin.  It should smell like anise (licorice) and probably stain yellow on the stem when rubbed.

2.  More like Bovista plumbea than Langermannia gigantea formerly Calvatia gigantea, size being one of the identifying characteristics.  Location is another factor; Langermannia gigantea is not supposed to grow west of the Rockies while Bovista plumbea appears in the West1.

3.  I assume those are Alder chips and you are in the Northwest.  Is this correct?

4.  I'm calling it Leucoagaricus americanus, the current name for Lepiota americana.  The identifying characteristic is the stem with bruises yellow and then slowly red with an enlarged base.  According to the literature the gills bruise pink or reddish brown.  Looks like pink to me.

1. LYCOPERDACEAE & GEASTRACEAE in the Pacific Northwest

Happy Hunting those Chanterelles. :wink:

--------------------

InvisibleBlasphemous
Novice Mushroom Hunter
Female

Re: Todays Hunt. [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #8828263 - 08/25/08 11:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the ID's.

Yes I'm in the northwest, I was trying to check if anyone could tell visually if it was alder because there was no reddish tint to the wood at all but there were other areas with very obvious cedar bark spreaded out.

Trying to scope out a few places where cyan's might pop up. If you hadn't guessed already.:shocked:

Thanks, i know if i just keep looking eventually i will run into some chant's, though i will most likely have to go farther than walking distance from my house. :rolleyes:

Ill get those specimens tomorrow, though i might have to quarentee the Leucoagaricus americanus because it was crawling with little bugs when i took the pictures.

--------------------
"Liars prosper."
~Anonymous
[quote]lexmark said:

Invisiblekoraks
    #8830887 - 08/26/08 02:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Nice pictures, I'm sure you enjoyed that hunt! Senor_hongos nailed down the IDs and left me with not much to do :wink:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds