Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Blinky fucks up again
    #8829037 - 08/26/08 05:05 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Pelosi is such a clueless bint I fear for the future of America. Whatever possessed the House Democrats to give this moron the Speaker's position?

From http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives2/2008/08/021317.php -

Quote:

As we've often said, the Democrats prey on ignorance. Often they know better and are being cynical; sometimes it's because they are ignorant themselves. A shocking example of the latter case was revealed yesterday when Nancy Pelosi appeared on Meet the Press. Mrs. Pelosi declared herself a major advocate of natural gas as an energy source, but then revealed that she is ignorant of the fact that natural gas is a fossil fuel.

This wasn't just a slip of the tongue; Pelosi repeated the error several times. From the transcript of her appearance:

Quote:

BROKAW: Well, I think most people understand that, but at the same time, if we work our way off carbon-based fuels, in the meantime, this is not going to happen overnight.

PELOSI: No, it isn't, but you could -- again, you could reduce the price at the pump immediately with (inaudible). You can have a transition with natural gas. You can have a transition with natural gas. That is cheap, abundant and clean compared to fossil fuels.

PELOSI: I'm -- I'm investing in something I believe in. I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels.

PELOSI: Well, that's not -- that is the marketplace. The fact is, the supply of natural gas is so big, and you do need a transition if you're going to go from fossil fuels, as you say, you can't do it overnight, but you must transition.

These investments in wind, in solar and biofuels and focus on natural gas, these are the real alternatives.

So it's beyond dispute: Nancy Pelosi really does not understand that natural gas is a fossil fuel. This is truly shocking. Pelosi is one of the principal people responsible for setting the nation's energy policy. In the House of Representatives, she has blocked exploration and development of natural gas resources as well as other fossil fuels, thereby raising the price of gasoline at the pump and energy costs across the board. And she has wielded this immense power while being ignorant of the most basic facts about energy. She is not qualified to carry on an intelligent conversation about energy, let alone set the nation's energy policy.

The folks at the Institute for Energy Research have prepared a primer on energy for Mrs. Pelosi's benefit:

Quote:

Natural gas is colorless, odorless fossil fuel that is prized for its cleanliness and its many uses - including energy. It is produced in much the same way as oil – by drilling for it – and is often produced in conjunction with oil.

Pelosi's ignorance is deadly; she says she is a big booster of natural gas, but she literally fails to understand that to get natural gas we have to drill for it, onshore and off. Hence this exchange yesterday:

Quote:

BROKAW: Sounds like we’re going to have offshore drilling.

PELOSI: No, no, no.

Nancy Pelosi's ignorance is costing every American money, impairing our economy, depriving us of untold hundreds of thousands of high-paying jobs, and endangering our national security. One wonders how long voters will be willing to put up with Democratic control of Congress.

Jesus wept.

Phred

--------------------

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
Re: Blinky fucks up again [Re: Phred]
    #8829204 - 08/26/08 06:32 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:sad:

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: Blinky fucks up again [Re: zouden]
    #8829220 - 08/26/08 06:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

wow, that is pretty stupid.

The appologist in me wanted to say she acknowledged it was carbon based and fossil, and just wanted to use it as a transition, but its clear that is not the case.

I wonder what the heck she does understand about the issue?  This is pretty basic stuff.  It seems she also doesn't understand that nat. gas is carbon based either, meaning she just throws terms around with not even the simplest understanding of chemistry.

I mean, what is the big advantage to natural gas anyways?  Isn't it a pollution issue, not a 'global warming' one?  That coal has sulferous compounds and other nasties?  So what is the point of using it instead of cool if your up in arms about the greenhouse affect?

I really don't care for the feds to be passing laws on shit they don't understand, and I fail to see why they should be able to tell me I can't run a generator in my own state for my own citezins off whatever I like.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Blinky fucks up again [Re: johnm214]
    #8829225 - 08/26/08 06:57 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Natural gas is much cleaner than coal, at least in non-CO2 terms. That's why everyone is talking about liquified natural gas - previously it was impossible to transport natural gas overseas but now they have ships capable of doing so, so it opens up new markets. But it is very much a fossil fuel.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Blinky fucks up again [Re: johnm214]
    #8829226 - 08/26/08 06:58 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

> wow, that is pretty stupid.

Yep... and what is she in charge of again?  Oh yes... 

> I wonder what the heck she does understand about the issue?

I suspect her thinking goes along the lines of:
Quote:

Bush is bad.  Oil is bad.  Anything not oil is good.  Natural gas is not oil so natural gas is good.  Fossil fuels are bad.  Natural gas is good, thus natural gas is not a fossil fuel.  Bush is bad.  Vote good.  Vote democrat.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Re: Blinky fucks up again [Re: Seuss]
    #8829241 - 08/26/08 07:16 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Don't forget "impeachment is off the table" :rolleyes:

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Blinky fucks up again [Re: Seuss]
    #8829581 - 08/26/08 10:26 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
I suspect her thinking goes along the lines of:
Quote:

Bush is bad.  Oil is bad.  Anything not oil is good.  Natural gas is not oil so natural gas is good.  Fossil fuels are bad.  Natural gas is good, thus natural gas is not a fossil fuel.  Bush is bad.  Vote good.  Vote democrat.

I larfed, I cried... it was better than katz

Offlinenumonkei
Back! From thedigestive tractof dave theiguana!

Loc: A Tree
Re: Blinky fucks up again [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8829957 - 08/26/08 12:02 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:

She said 'Barack Obama' approximately 10^10,845,684,584 times in the convention speech last night.

It's also getting real old seeing these 60-something politicians doing all these things to try to look young, the hair color and botox injections and the like. They look like clowns!

Pelosi, (and many other democrats, and republicans), are traitors to any real progressive or reformative idealism.

~Monk

Offlinelonestar2004
Live to party,work to affordit.
 User Gallery

Loc: South Texas
Re: Blinky fucks up again [Re: Phred]
    #8830987 - 08/26/08 04:27 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Phred your girl is at it again!

Pelosi in exchange with McCain backers

UNION STATION - House Speaker Nancy Pelosi wanted to know if those people chanting "drill here, drill now' really meant it.

"Right here? You want to drill right here?" Pelosi asked as John McCain supporters began their chant. "Can we drill your brain?"

Pelosi was holding a press conference to tout Democratic proposals to solve the energy problem when the chanting begans. She and several other speakers said only renewable energy can bring a lasting solution.

Following her remarks, Pelosi left without taking questions.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/26/pelosi-exchange-mccain-backers/

"' can we drill in your brain?'"

She is Speaker of the House, what a fucking joke!

--------------------
America's debt problem is a "sign of leadership failure"

We have "reckless fiscal policies"

America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership.

Americans deserve better

Barack Obama

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
Re: Blinky fucks up again [Re: lonestar2004]
    #8831220 - 08/26/08 05:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

She is one of those people that assume everything natural is awesome bro, and good for you! Natural gas, is from nature, it can't hurt you bro, it's totally natural.

Oil is not natural bro, stuff is made in a lab, and lab drugs like coke and hash are bad:thumbdown:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Blinky fucks up again [Re: Chemy]
    #8831224 - 08/26/08 05:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:rofl:

(The sad part is the lack of sarcasm in your post.  What you say is true.)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Amazon Portable Greenhouse

General Interest >> Political Discussion