Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinebeneath
One Way Street
Male User Gallery

Loc: The un-united kingdom
Help me refine and add to my workout please...
    #8808031 - 08/21/08 08:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm 20, male, around 8stone(112 lbs), 5"4ish

Lower Body
squats(normal and jumping)
Lunges(normal and jumping)
Burpees

Upper body

Pressups(elevated, handstand, wide grip, close grip)
Pullups
Tricep dips(with my feet on a chair and hands on a table)

Core
Crunch
reverse crunch
changement rocks
bicyles
window wipers(obliques)
v-ups
supermans
good mornings
hip bridge
sidelying hip abduction
plank
side plank
birddog

I'm looking to gain as much strength and conditioning as i can using these bodyweight exercises. Should i work my upper, lower and core different days?
Should i do these exercises for a certain number of reps or as many as i can do in a certain amount of time?

Is it ok to do these exercises along with running, for now my running is run for 8minutes walk for 2mins and repeat that 3 times, about a 2.75 mile run.

Anything i should add or take out?
Thanks for the help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledr_gonz

. [Re: beneath]
    #8816193 - 08/23/08 03:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Offlinebeneath
One Way Street
Male User Gallery

Re: Help me refine and add to my workout please... [Re: dr_gonz]
    #8817154 - 08/23/08 05:57 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i can workout as much as i need to to reach my goals.

I live with my parents right now and there's multi-gym type thing here at the house. Barbells, dumbells, EZ Curl Bar, Cable, leg extension/curl thing.

so i guess theres alot i could do, i just need to work out the right type of workout, how many reps/sets, how much weight, what speed etc.

I'm aiming to get strong and well conditioned, like a fighter(for muay thai, mma, etc).

I'm going to get a heavy bag, i might make a medicine ball too and a skipping rope doesn't cost much.

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: Help me refine and add to my workout please... [Re: beneath]
    #8817772 - 08/23/08 08:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If youre looking for fighter type conditioning, then you should be doing all sorts of different exercises so that youre body is ready for what ever task it is put to do.
This means varying your amounts of reps, varying your amounts of sets, varying the speed at which they are performed, the angles, the actual exercises for each body part, etc., etc.

Do a lot of free weights AND body weight exercises so that your body is balanced and can be functional (not just strong).
And I noticed that although you do have dumbells and barbells, you dont have many exercises where youre using them. Go ahead and use them! Dont limit yourself.
A lot of fighters do more bodyweight exercises than weighted exercises just because they dont have the weights, but the ones who do have weights use them!

Remember not to drink water during your endurance workouts, but to always drown yourself in water after all workouts. Also eat as healthy as you possibly can, and dont be afraid to eat too much of it.

:2cents:

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

Offlinebeneath
One Way Street
Male User Gallery

Re: Help me refine and add to my workout please... [Re: eligal]
    #8819117 - 08/24/08 07:33 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

cool, i found a bunch of exercises i can use with the weights too. clean and jerk, deadlift, squats, good mornings, lunges, there's probably a few more too.

Thanks for the help.

Offlinejenns_hot
Hungry
Male User Gallery

Loc: East Coast Flag
    #8823854 - 08/25/08 09:31 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:

Remember not to drink water during your endurance workouts, but to always drown yourself in water after all workouts. Also eat as healthy as you possibly can, and dont be afraid to eat too much of it.

why no water during the workout?

--------------------
"Fear makes the wolf look bigger"

OfflineDude96
Stranger

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Re: Help me refine and add to my workout please... [Re: jenns_hot]
    #8823886 - 08/25/08 09:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jenns_hot said:
Quote:

eligal said:

Personally, I find it makes me sick, especially during an ab intensive endurance session, I want to hurl if i've just drank a bunch of water.

How are you going to break up your workouts?

I generally do abs daily and go chest/arms, back and shoulders and legs/cardio in a three day cycle, mixing up  the workouts as often as possible for muscle confusion and blending body building and functional exercise.

If you want to tone your chest a really good endurance/toning workout that requires only some dumbells is as follows.

Get the weight you would normally do for a straight armed fly curl and for a bent armed fly curl at your sides or in close proximity. Quickly do as many push ups to the point where your muscles are beginning to slow down and fatigue.

Stop and immediately roll over, going into straight armed fly curls. Do about 10-15. Immediately after that go into bent armed fly curls, once again 10-15 reps.

Thats one set, chill for 1-2 minutes catch your breath. Up the weight and do it again. By the end of the third set your chest should be screaming >:D

The beauty of this exercise is it can be done without a bench in your own home..the floor will keep your arms at the desired angles.

Hope it helped =D

Invisibleeligal
Noobie

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: California
Re: Help me refine and add to my workout please... [Re: jenns_hot]
    #8827197 - 08/25/08 08:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

jenns_hot said:
Quote:

eligal said:

You dont want to be digesting while working out, you need that blood going to your muscles! Also if you drink too much and then workout you might throw up (like dude96 mentioned), and even if you dont throw up, youre not gonna be working as hard when you got water sloshing around in your stomach.

--------------------
\m/ Spanksta \m/

"do you have the freedom to do with your nervous system what you want?"

"MolokoMilkPlus said:
I'll respect you if you let me give you a blow job"

"tactik said:
respect the can."

OfflineDude96
Stranger

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    #8830339 - 08/26/08 11:41 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

eligal said:
Quote:

jenns_hot said:
Quote:

eligal said:

You dont want to be digesting while working out, you need that blood going to your muscles! Also if you drink too much and then workout you might throw up (like dude96 mentioned), and even if you dont throw up, youre not gonna be working as hard when you got water sloshing around in your stomach.

Pretty much my entire post in two sentences xD. Yea..i'd avoid drinking, I don't mind it between exercises if its like arms or chest or something but for cardio, or abs i Hate it as its just a generally uncomfortable feeling.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom