Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Loc: first row at church
usps package inspected
    #8793283 - 08/18/08 10:36 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

it got there on time but package was inspected nothing but prints and a syringe. Anyone have this happen to them?

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Americas
Re: usps package inspected [Re: gethyn]
    #8793309 - 08/18/08 10:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Why don't you provide information to help the community.

1.  How do you know it was inspected
2.  Method of transit/service level
3.  Description of box and packaging
4.  Total time vs predicted time
5.  area of origin and area of reciept
6.  wheter the adress and addresse were correctly formated and are real addresses with real recipients matching given names that recieve mail at both addresses.

Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Re: usps package inspected [Re: johnm214]
    #8793391 - 08/18/08 10:55 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

1.recipient said it was haven't got an answer on what was the sign of tamper  2.USPS priority                                                                                            3.small VHS type priority box                                                                                                    4.left on Friday afternoon received Monday                                                                                          5.heartland to Arizona                                                                                            6.return address no name and sending address was part of nick thats where where the problem was.

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

Edited by gethyn (08/18/08 11:16 PM)

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

#8793895 - 08/19/08 01:38 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Just be honest with spores and stop being paranoid.  Unless you are in Georgia, Idaho, or California you are not doing anything illegal.  Just put your address on it and chill.  Yeah, I ordered P. Cubensis spores. ..what of it?  Its not illegal.

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: usps package inspected [Re: the_0wl]
    #8794005 - 08/19/08 02:47 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I could've swore we've been over this before.

Spores are not illegal in Cali.

I hope you're not advising people to admit things like ordering spores to police or anybody really.

And again, I'd like to see the legal relevance to your insistance that spores "aren't illegal".

Yeah, they are generally not illegal in all circumstances, so what?  What is your point?  If it is that you have nothing to fear from ordering items that are not illegal under all circumstances, you are wrong, as I've state before.

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Loc: A Church
    #8794720 - 08/19/08 09:26 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

gethyn said:
it got there on time but package was inspected nothing but prints and a syringe. Anyone have this happen to them?

Yeah, they included a letter with the package that stated the package was searched, the Judges name that issued the search warrant, and the agents/officers names that searched the package.
The letter also gave a phone number to call if I wanted more info IIRC, been a long time since that happened.

The package was sent priority, USPS or LE can not just "inspect" your mail, they need a search warrant, and you should be notified like I was, that the package was searched.

Unless there is an investigation now, and you fall under "delayed notification".

If there is no notification of execution of search warrant, whoever lives at the address the parcel was shipped to needs a box of kleenex to keep their nose clean for a while...............

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Get help, help is free and available 24/7/365.

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: usps package inspected [Re: Chemy]
    #8799561 - 08/20/08 03:50 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

> The package was sent priority, USPS or LE can not just "inspect" your mail, they need a search warrant

John and I keep going back and forth on this.  He sites law, while I quote the FAQ of law enforcement:

http://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/contactUs/faq.aspx:
Quote:

4. Can Postal Inspectors open mail if they feel it may contain something illegal?

First-Class letters and parcels are protected against search and seizure under the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, and, as such, cannot be opened without a search warrant. If there is probable cause to believe the contents of a First-Class letter or parcel violate federal law, Postal Inspectors can obtain a search warrant to open the mailpiece. Other classes of mail do not contain private correspondence, and therefore may be opened without a warrant.

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: usps package inspected [Re: Seuss]
    #8799772 - 08/20/08 06:17 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
> The package was sent priority, USPS or LE can not just "inspect" your mail, they need a search warrant

John and I keep going back and forth on this.  He sites law, while I quote the FAQ of law enforcement:

Quote:

4. Can Postal Inspectors open mail if they feel it may contain something illegal?

First-Class letters and parcels are protected against search and seizure under the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution, and, as such, cannot be opened without a search warrant. If there is probable cause to believe the contents of a First-Class letter or parcel violate federal law, Postal Inspectors can obtain a search warrant to open the mailpiece. Other classes of mail do not contain private correspondence, and therefore may be opened without a warrant.

From the USPS website:

Quote:

Domestic Mail Manual

2.3 Matter Closed Against Postal Inspection

Matter closed against postal inspection includes First-Class Mail, Priority Mail, and Express Mail. The USPS may open mail other than First-Class Mail, Priority Mail or Express Mail to determine whether the proper postage is paid. Material wrapped or packaged so that it cannot be examined easily or examined without destruction or serious damage is closed against postal inspection and is charged the appropriate First-Class Mail, Priority Mail, or Express Mail price.
http://pe.usps.gov/search/jsp/search/vv_docread.jsp?k2dockey=http%3A%2F%2Fpe.usps.com%2Ftext%2Fdmm300%2F123.htm%40PE_DMM300_HTML_5&serverSpec=56.0.145.56:9920&QueryParser=Simple&querytext=%28inspection%3CAND%3Eparcel%29&dtype=2#hit0

Here is selected text from "Operation Cash Run" where Postal Inspectors obtained a search warrant to search Express Mail packages containing cocaine:

Quote:

trained to investigate mailings of illegal drugs and drug money, the parcels were suspicious. Inspector Simpson knew the return address belonged to a commercial mail receiving agency. CMRAs are private mail businesses, such as Mail Boxes Etc., often used by people who want an anonymous address they can hide behind. Simpson looked up the phone numbers, but they weren't listed, so he called Los Angeles Postal Inspectors for more information on the receiving end. When L.A. Inspectors told him these addresses were also CMRAs, Simpson and his PMN team members were granted a search warrant and opened the packages. Inside each were three videotapes. In each package one tape was hollowed out. The empty cartridges concealed money: $6,500 in cash in one, $6,790 in the other. PMN Inspectors seized the money. St. Louis Inspectors seized another Express Mail package at the AMC the next day. Like the first two, it was addressed to a CMRA in Los Angeles and had a return address of a CMRA in St. Louis. Inspectors forwarded this one to the PMN Team Leader in Los Angeles, Inspector Tom Dugan. Inspector Dugan opened the package under a search warrant and found the same set-up: three videotapes,

The full article is in my journal:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/8799751/an/0/page/0

Quote:

He sites law, while I quote the FAQ of law enforcement

Which am I more inclined to accept as fact? USC or an internet FAQ written by a LEO?

You already know the answer;)

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

God bless you all and I hope you receive the help you need to turn away from your lives of sin.

Mushrooms and drugs make you gay, you can reverse this homosexual condition with rehab, get help! Stop being gay!

Edited by Chemy (08/20/08 07:01 AM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: usps package inspected [Re: Chemy]
    #8799962 - 08/20/08 08:02 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

> Which am I more inclined to accept as fact? USC or an internet FAQ written by a LEO?

I agree... BUT... and this is big... the cops are going to do what the cops are going to do and leave it to the courts to worry about violation of rights.  The cops think they have the right to open non-first-class packages, regardless of what the law/courts say.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

#8799993 - 08/20/08 08:16 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That's not a question, I agree with you there.

Just to clear things up, the package that was mailed to me and searched, and the search notification letter included was a first class mail parcel.

So basically, if I or anyone wants to maintain privacy we should use only first class mail, because that's the only mail service the Postal Inspectors recognize as having 4th Amendment protections.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

Invisiblejohnm214
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #8800135 - 08/20/08 08:57 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:

Quote:

what's going on is the difference in terminology is confusing.

"First class" appears to be a specific service: "letters and parcels below 13 ounces paying a first class rate" as well as a class of services which includes first class, priority and express.

Not sure about express, but priority is definatly a "first class" service.

I may look later, but the law requires the postal service to designate services against inspection and they've designated first class, priority, and express as such.

The law and judges often just call such "first class" inclusivly though.

I posted the actual CFR and USC texts sometime in the past but I'll look again perhaps.

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: usps package inspected [Re: johnm214]
    #8821523 - 08/24/08 06:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

OP did anything come of this?  This is kinda what I'm starting to worry about.  Just curious if any action was taken against you.

--------------------
Everything I say on this website and forum is completely false and fantasy role play.  In reality I do not engage in any illegal activities regardless of what my posts say.

OfflineLubossa
Old Face NewName

Loc: OZ
    #8822326 - 08/24/08 09:34 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

no shit.... if they got a search warrant on an overnight package or first class meaning what? 3 business days that means they had prior knowledge at least in my mind the shit went down to easy to swift for them not to be organized.. so who was the vendor? in other words who the fuck did u order those spores from more then likely their outgoing products will be watched now..

OfflineChemy
Jesus is Lord

Re: usps package inspected [Re: Lubossa]
    #8822344 - 08/24/08 09:43 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Lubossa said:
no shit.... if they got a search warrant on an overnight package or first class meaning what? 3 business days that means they had prior knowledge at least in my mind the shit went down to easy to swift for them not to be organized.. so who was the vendor? in other words who the fuck did u order those spores from more then likely their outgoing products will be watched now..

A search warrant can take 30 minutes for police to procure, or longer depending on availability of a magistrate.

I'm sure the feds know all the spore vendors, they advertise it's not like they're black market or anything:shrug:

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous

Narcotics Anonymous

OfflineKing Koopa
Mr. Hit Dat Hoe
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Houston
    #8822356 - 08/24/08 09:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, I know it's legal but it still scares me.

--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

Offlinethe_0wl
The Space Bird
Male

Re: usps package inspected [Re: King Koopa]
    #8822376 - 08/24/08 09:54 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
Yeah, I know it's legal but it still scares me.

Word.  I'm feeling unusually paranoid and thinking of just stopping it all together..I live in an apt.  I'm just not feeling too good about having the cakes in my closet ya know?

--------------------

Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

#8823264 - 08/25/08 03:02 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Interesting. The package was never tampered with. I had sent the parcel with an empty bubble envelope to secure contents and had used some biohazard bags to store contents and the box was a used priority box the recipeint just thought it had been opened inspected and contents replaced because of my packaging, He thought the biohazard bags might be goverment issue. Just took him a little to reply, He had just sent me a PM stating package was inspected just so i know but it was just my packaging that caused this confusion :tongue:

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

OfflineLubossa
Old Face NewName

Loc: OZ
    #8825488 - 08/25/08 03:14 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

HAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHA so you mean to tell me this is all a  misunderstanding? i thought a guy left a number about the search?

OfflinePowerOfTheCoir
Newbie Sympathizer
Male User Gallery

#8827036 - 08/25/08 07:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

:banghead:

--------------------
Check out my first ever TEK!
Shroom capsules with the Cap-M-Quik (pics)

Offlinegethyn
MR.STINK FINGER
Male User Gallery

Re: usps package inspected [Re: PowerOfTheCoir]
    #8827121 - 08/25/08 08:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

sorry guys didn't mean to get your hopes up;)

--------------------
I RESEMBLE THE REST

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   North Spore Injection Grain Bag