Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Loc: Right Here, Right Now Flag
rise of the rat brained robots...
    #8792383 - 08/18/08 07:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemagicgreenbeans
Stranger
Male

Re: rise of the rat brained robots... [Re: xshadowmage666x]
    #8793038 - 08/18/08 09:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

so they hooked up rat-brain-juice to some sensors and turned it on, eh?  i wonder how they can measure the actual thought of a living being.  i think the idea is great. maybe we can creat super powerful robots with human brains that we wont be able to undersand or control one day.

OfflineIrieforester
Head to toe inH2O
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: That state seperating fro...
Re: rise of the rat brained robots... [Re: magicgreenbeans]
    #8793280 - 08/18/08 10:35 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That's the scariest thing I've seen in years

--------------------
I am still and forever learning

Apollyphelion said:
You can learn A LOT from shitting in the right set and setting!:thumbup:

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #8793688 - 08/19/08 12:08 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

we are gradually understanding how life occurs, without understanding the spark that starts life

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Re: rise of the rat brained robots... [Re: demiu5]
    #8794102 - 08/19/08 04:06 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

demius said:
we are gradually understanding how life occurs, without understanding the spark that starts life

QFT

When i first read this i was all "what the fuck man, what are we getting ourselves into!" this is absolutely crazy:eek:

--------------------

"It is the prayer of my innermost being to realize my supreme identity in the liberated play of consciousness, the Vast Expanse. Now is the moment, Here is the place of Liberation. " -alex grey

Offlinewatchoutnow
mind'sonrecord/itsbeingviewed
 User Gallery

#8803431 - 08/20/08 10:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That is awesome...

--------------------
I quit. Touch it.
"My views ain't changed to live humane wait" -Eminem
"Ya'll make me too rounded and I'm addicted, WTF I'm drunk. Wtf I'm high. Wtf I'm... Not sober... Sober block." -me crazily self.
"From that what, knowledge of self - determination!" -Blackstar
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Ever since I got braces shit gets stuck in my teeth.
Make me *** bitch!

InvisibleArp
roving mycophagist
 User Gallery

Loc: in a van by the river
Re: rise of the rat brained robots... [Re: Irieforester]
    #8811555 - 08/22/08 02:27 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Irieforester said:
That's the scariest thing I've seen in years

way scarier than growing organs :eek:

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Loc: The North
Re: rise of the rat brained robots... [Re: Arp]
    #8815634 - 08/23/08 12:57 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Watch in a few years you'll be able to connect wireless devices into your head (tired of reaching for that mouse/keyboard?), don't worry though it'll probibly only be output only. Then in a couple decades people who are expiring will begin to be hooked up to machines like this and old brains may become adapted to run automated factories and security systems.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
- Author and former M6/M5 agent John le Carré on Democracy Now.
Conquer's Club

OfflineDimensionX
King of Birds
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: rise of the rat brained robots... [Re: ScavengerType]
    #8823469 - 08/25/08 05:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ScavengerType said:
old brains may become adapted to run automated factories and security systems.

Thats a crazy idea, but theres no way i would allow them to use my brain like that.

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: rise of the rat brained robots... [Re: DimensionX]
    #8824401 - 08/25/08 11:38 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

then they'd toss you in the trash and move onto the next corpse.

--------------------
"Have you ever seen what happens when a grenade goes off in a school? Do you really know what you’re doing when you order shock and awe? Are you prepared to kneel beside a dying soldier and tell him why he went to Iraq, or why he went to any war?"
"The things that are done in the name of the shareholder are, to me, as terrifying as the things that are done—dare I say it—in the name of God. Montesquieu said, "There have never been so many civil wars as in the Kingdom of God." And I begin to feel that’s true. The shareholder is the excuse for everything."
Conquer's Club

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
    #8824519 - 08/25/08 12:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome.

I love things like this.

As long as I can download my consciousness somewhere before I die.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: rise of the rat brained robots... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8824779 - 08/25/08 12:53 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

actually I doubt that aspect of it is possible or will be for a long time. Though wiring your brain up is getting close.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8824793 - 08/25/08 12:56 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm only 25.  I'm reasonably healthy and medical technology advances all the time.  I think I have a good chance of living to be 100, so they have 75 years to develop this technology.

75 years ago computers didn't exist, we weren't even sure what space was much less how to get there, and lobotomies were the height of neuroscience.

I think we have a chance.  Although you're certainly correct, it is a long way to go.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

OfflineScavengerType
Male User Gallery

Re: rise of the rat brained robots... [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #8824890 - 08/25/08 01:15 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Sory the hunter s tompson photo in your sig and your general attitude make me think your an old man. It's possible but it requires building a matrix for emulating neuro-networks, computers are awful at this right now. Then you would have to have your brain disassembled and translated into this electronic matrix.

--------------------
Conquer's Club

OfflineMadtowntripper
 User Gallery

#8824921 - 08/25/08 01:24 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ScavengerType said:
Sory the hunter s tompson photo in your sig and your general attitude make me think your an old man. 

Ha!

I don't know whether to be offended or not.

--------------------

Invisiblepsyka
Praetorian
 User Gallery

#8826895 - 08/25/08 07:33 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

ScavengerType said:
actually I doubt that aspect of it is possible or will be for a long time. Though wiring your brain up is getting close.

You will be surprised sooner than you think.

Now think about this: Imagine your eyes were digitized (or "robotocized"; basically a different living substrate), now imagine your ears, your nose, and your mouth are digitized. These ideas aren't terribly controversial because they are more comfortable to deal with and don't really interfere with peoples ideas about what it means to be "conscious." Digitizing the brain is a much bigger obstacle to overcome because most people fail to recognize that it is a collection of parts much like the body is. A brain is not a singular organ; it is a networked grouping of different brains. So if you start digitizing each brain function one at a time - like the part that handles math, the part that handles memory, speech, etc... - it begins to look more probable that the human consciousness was really nothing more than an emergent effect built of a collection of organic machines.

--------------------
As the life of a candle,
my wick will burn out.
But, the fire of my mind
shall beam into infinite.

OfflineKarenTandy
scientist
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Milky Way
* [Re: xshadowmage666x]
    #8827572 - 08/25/08 09:17 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by KarenTandy (08/13/09 08:30 PM)

Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Re: rise of the rat brained robots... [Re: KarenTandy]
    #8827679 - 08/25/08 09:39 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

KarenTandy said:
That is way messed up.  What next organic tissue neuron based electronic super computers that learn?

I'm a little disturbed and a little skeptical at the same time.

It isn't digital it isn't analog it is neurological electronics.

Or maybe 'neurolog' or 'neuroital' electronics.  Scary stuff.

Imagine brain cells being used to make judgement calls in electronics for life or death situations.  Scary!

you make a few good points here.  you said: What next organic tissue neuron based electronic super computers that learn?

i believe this is a real possibility

--------------------

InvisibleDieCommie

#8827691 - 08/25/08 09:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

So whats wrong with that?  Life evolves, life changes.  You dont expect life to stay the way it is now forever do you?

Offlinexshadowmage666x
*opiate enthusiast*
Male User Gallery

Re: rise of the rat brained robots... [Re: DieCommie]
    #8827744 - 08/25/08 09:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

who said i wasnt exited about it...well in one way i am. i actualy enjoy change

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals