Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

hard drive password thing
    #8812719 - 08/22/08 07:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ok so on my new computer i want my OLD FILES from my OLD CPU

when i try to acess the folders on the old hard drive on my new computer it says "access denied"

its in "my documents" and everything thats linked to a user account you know what i mean?

like desktop files, my docu, music, etc

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: hard drive password thing [Re: djblackout]
    #8812763 - 08/22/08 07:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

are u just putting the old hdd in the new pc?  if so, be sure to shut down windoze properly first or the hdd will not let u open it.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Australia
    #8813443 - 08/22/08 10:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Can you browse any part of the drive?

--------------------
I know... that just the smallest
                                                part of the world belongs to me
You know... I'm not a blind man
                                                    but truth is the hardest thing to see

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
Re: hard drive password thing [Re: zouden]
    #8814073 - 08/23/08 01:10 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810881

Quote:

To resolve this issue, you must turn off Simple File Sharing, and then take ownership of the folder:

1. Turn off Simple File Sharing:
a. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
b. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab.
c. Under Advanced Settings, click to clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box, and then click OK.

2. Right-click the folder that you want to take ownership of, and then click Properties.

3. Click the Security tab, and then click OK on the Security message, if one appears.

4. Click Advanced, and then click the Owner tab.

5. In the Name list, click your user name, Administrator if you are logged in as Administrator, or click the Administrators group.

If you want to take ownership of the contents of that folder, click to select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.

6. Click OK.

You may receive the following error message, where Folder is the name of the folder that you want to take ownership of:
You do not have permission to read the contents of directory Folder. Do you want to replace the directory permissions with permissions granting you Full Control? All permissions will be replaced if you press Yes.

7. Click Yes.

8. Click OK, and then reapply the permissions and security settings that you want for the folder and the folder contents.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

Edited by tak (08/23/08 01:42 AM)

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: hard drive password thing [Re: tak]
    #8814086 - 08/23/08 01:14 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah i plugged it in and ran both drives at once and just explore thru it.

but certain folders like the user ones it wont let me access.  It was running XP on the old HDD and my computer is running win2k just for info.

--------------------
I am the fakest person on this site. I only pretend to grow and consume illegal mushrooms. I have no knowledge what so ever on any scheduled substance because I know and respect the governing law in the United States of America. All pictures and dialogue posted by me is entirley copyrighted from those who wish to knowingly ignore the laws. I only post these messages as a mere propaganda technique used to gain attention and admiration from others. Thank You

InvisibleHELLA_TIGHT
Madge the Smoking Vag
Female User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Afghanistan Flag
    #8814268 - 08/23/08 02:36 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

It's the NTSF permissions.

Just download a linux live CD, boot to it, then copy the files to an external drive.

--------------------

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8814276 - 08/23/08 02:48 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

tak's instructions should work, give them a go.

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8814283 - 08/23/08 02:57 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah but tek is if its still the original harddrive.

not one from a newer cpu

--------------------

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8814317 - 08/23/08 03:43 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

That shouldn't matter. If you put an NTFS hard drive in your computer, and you are an administrator, you can override its permissions by taking ownership, using tak's instructions.

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8821418 - 08/24/08 06:18 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

well tak's instructions isnt for windows2000

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8821435 - 08/24/08 06:23 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

still the same shit

when i try to access my E:/documents and settings/djblackout/

it says

e:/........... is not accessable

access is denied.

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8821501 - 08/24/08 06:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

?

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #8821705 - 08/24/08 07:19 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

> well tak's instructions isnt for windows2000

Doesn't matter... all Microsoft crap smells the same.  The instructions for XP will work just fine for win2k.

Did you remember to: click to select the Replace owner on subcontainers and objects check box.

Did you see a small window pop up and list all the files as it was changing ownership and permissions?  Usually takes anywhere from five to twenty minutes.  If the box went away almost immediately, or it didn't show up at all, then you didn't do something correctly.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: hard drive password thing [Re: Seuss]
    #8821721 - 08/24/08 07:21 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

did all that.  wont work

--------------------

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

#8821826 - 08/24/08 07:42 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

did u properly shut windoze down on that hdd b4 u put it in another machine, if not, u'll never be able to mount it until u do.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: hard drive password thing [Re: iateshaggy]
    #8821874 - 08/24/08 07:52 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yes i shut it down.

--------------------

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

#8822049 - 08/24/08 08:32 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

maybe u should go ahead w/ the use a ubuntu boot disk idea then.  linux mint gnome works great for this.

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

Re: hard drive password thing [Re: iateshaggy]
    #8822305 - 08/24/08 09:28 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

is it free?

--------------------

Offlinezouden
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

#8823198 - 08/25/08 02:18 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Yes, it's free.

Before you try that, what happens when you look at the Effective Permissions? Type your name in and it will tell you what permissions you have.

--------------------

Offlinedjblackout
supreme scratch masta

#8825556 - 08/25/08 03:31 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

how did u find that screen on win2k?

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom