Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecritterdude
Stranger
 User Gallery

A couple ID requests please - pics!
    #8810801 - 08/22/08 11:59 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hello everyone, just went out exploring today and found some interesting stuff!  The area is really loaded right now with all sorts of stuff, and I managed to grab a few pics.  I was just walking along on my way when I saw this big tree down.

From here on out I was spotting tons of mushrooms.  This is in Western Massachusetts, so I know that the only actives that grow around here are a couple gyms and subbs.  Still, I was wondering if any of these were possible gyms at all?  Thanks in advance!

I was wondering if I could get an ID request on this guys:

Habitat: Woods

Gills: Yellow

Stem: Small, yellow

Cap: Dark orange to yellow fade, smooth

Spore print color: It's printing now but I checked it and its not really dropping many spores, there were very few light brown ones that I saw.

Bruising: Not sure

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecritterdude
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A couple ID requests please - pics! [Re: critterdude]
    #8815766 - 08/23/08 01:41 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Check this guy out, it was HUGE!!  I should have gotten a reference shot but it was big!

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
    #8815788 - 08/23/08 01:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hi there Massachusetts. No, you don't have any gyms there. Nice pictures though. The one you asked an ID for is possibly a hygrocybe species, they're colorful little fellows.

Nice find on the amanita (2nd post). It's possibly a. muscaria var. formosa, but I'd like to take a better look at the base of the stem to be sure.

InvisibleMr. Mushrooms
Spore Print Collector
 User Gallery

Loc: Registered: 6/04/02
    #8819073 - 08/24/08 07:05 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Those are interesting log-loving mushrooms.  I would have liked to seen the gills.  Next time, if you don't want to pick them, take a shot from underneath to the best of your ability.  For exact identification gills shots are a must.

I think you had something really cool, but I won't say without seeing the gills.

--------------------

Offlinecritterdude
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: A couple ID requests please - pics! [Re: Mr. Mushrooms]
    #8819314 - 08/24/08 09:09 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for the feedback.

Senor, which ones were you referring to that you would like to see the gills on?  I left them alone but the ones we did look at pretty much had spongy gills.  There's a chance that some of the others were different though.

Was there a specific pic that you are referring to?  I know exactly where this stuff is so I can just go back and find it to get a gill shot for ya if you are interested!  I don't mind.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds