Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: land of the free
Warhammer Online
    #8817080 - 08/23/08 05:41 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I am really looking forward to this game, I am HOPING it doesn't suck. It is like my last hope of a good new mmorpg. The last 2 new mmorpg's I have tried totally sucked.

I want to play a goblin shaman.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley
:drooling:GIVE ME OPIATES OR GIVE ME DEATH:drooling:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Warhammer Online [Re: aDoS]
    #8817098 - 08/23/08 05:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i used to rock dark angels, then converted to  eldar, then to beil tan eldar when the codex came out

i couldn't be fucked to learn fantasy, though, too much going on for me

mordheim was really cool too

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #8817111 - 08/23/08 05:47 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'll wait for the reviews...if it's good I'll definitely play it.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #8817118 - 08/23/08 05:48 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I'm sick of auto-targeting, repetitive button-mashing snore-fests. Why make a trailer that doesn't even hint at actual gameplay? It looks exciting, but combat will still be the same: 1 - 1,2,3 - 5 - dead - repeat :argh:
Darkfall is the only game that will pull me back into MMOs, if they ever release.

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Warhammer Online [Re: Cameron]
    #8817179 - 08/23/08 06:04 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Theres other videos on youtube and the main site with gameplay. I am liking the way it looks.

There are mixed reviews from beta testers so far. Some say its the BEST ever, others are saying its absolute crap. I am just going to try it out myself when I get in open beta or the head start. I don't mind losing 50 dollars on a shit game, theres nothing else I am going to spend that money on. I just hope I like it.

--------------------
"If we could sniff or swallow something that would, for five or six hours each day, abolish our solitude as individuals, atone us with our fellows in a glowing exaltation of affection and make life in all its aspects seem not only worth living, but divinely beautiful and significant, and if this heavenly, world-transfiguring drug were of such a kind that we could wake up next morning with a clear head and an undamaged constitution - then, it seems to me, all our problems (and not merely the one small problem of discovering a novel pleasure) would be wholly solved and earth would become paradise." - Aldous Huxley

InvisibleCameron
Too Many Words
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #8817183 - 08/23/08 06:06 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

If you liked World of Warcraft and its style of gameplay, you'll enjoy Warhammer. That's what I've heard so far. :shrug:

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Warhammer Online [Re: Cameron]
    #8817190 - 08/23/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I did like the World of Warcraft game play style...I HATE the direction the game is heading in though. Blizzard is tearing up WoW...in a bad way.

--------------------

Offlinelearningtofly
Ancient Aliens
Male

Loc: Out of this world
    #8817220 - 08/23/08 06:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

wut? what aboot warhammer 40k. 40k was fukin badass.

--------------------

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Warhammer Online [Re: learningtofly]
    #8817251 - 08/23/08 06:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

what about it? that is a strategy game, we are talking about the upcoming mmorpg Warhammer Online. Based on the same lore, different game though.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Loc: Portland, OR
    #8823490 - 08/25/08 06:06 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

feel ya, the pre-order box is sitting off to the side of my desk.... and have already downloaded the game.... just waiting for the 7th to play the fucker, lol.

probably going to start w/ a black orc, a friend of mine intends to play a zealot, so we'll have tank/heals covered when the mood for pve strikes.

--------------------
Everything is better than it was the last time.  I'm good.

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

It takes a lot of courage to go out there and radiate your essence.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineKada
Asha'man
Male User Gallery

Loc: Buckeye Flag
Re: Warhammer Online [Re: CosmicJoke]
    #8823495 - 08/25/08 06:13 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Im waiting for Knights of the Old Republic MMO to come out before i play a new game. I play WOW now, but nothing beats out Star Wars.

--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
Re: Warhammer Online [Re: Kada]
    #8823572 - 08/25/08 07:19 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i'll probably end up buying this game, but i'm transfering colleges and i start classes in two weeks :frown:. gotta get out and be social and i know that i can't if i delve into a good mmo lol...

i agree with you tho, this game does look good. my only complaint is the graphics.

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Warhammer Online [Re: JT]
    #8823722 - 08/25/08 08:44 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I kind of like how the graphics are cartoonish and not GREAT. I would like to actually play the game without constantly lagging, like in aoc and vanguard.

gameplay > graphics

--------------------

Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

Re: Warhammer Online [Re: Kada]
    #8824379 - 08/25/08 11:32 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Kada said:
Im waiting for Knights of the Old Republic MMO to come out before i play a new game. I play WOW now, but nothing beats out Star Wars.

i've speculated about the possibility of this game for sometime and i just recently read an announcement about it... i love the knights of the old republic games, it's a great setting for an MMO.  bioware knows how to make wonderful games.

but i'm hesitant to get too excited about it...

:yoda2:

"the dark side coulds everything.  impossible to see the future is."

as for warhammer... i don't know... like somebody else mentioned, i'll probably wait for reviews.  game developers need to spend less time hyping and more time trying to figure out how to make games fun again.  i bought into some of the hype for age of conan and ended up being pretty disappointed with it.

though if it does turn out to be a decent game, i hope we can all get on the same server.

--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#8825038 - 08/25/08 01:44 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

aye, my computer is decked out and even it sputtered w/ AoC here and there.  the game just had sloppy code.  ultimately i quit playing because none of my friends could even run it.

--------------------

If we could look into each others hearts, and understand the unique challenges each of us faces, I think we would treat each other much more gently, with more love, patience, tolerance, and care.

I know you scared, you should ask us if we scared too.  If you was there, and we just knew you cared too.

OfflineMr. Cordoza
beep beep boop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bellingham, Washington
    #8825070 - 08/25/08 01:50 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've been looking forward to war for a while now.  I played WoW for three years since release, then EQ2 and now guild wars but warhammer really looks like it takes the MMO cake imo.  I'll definitely be purchasing it.

I was thinking of rolling a witch hunter or witch elf.

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: Warhammer Online [Re: two_rivers]
    #8825102 - 08/25/08 01:56 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

kotor was the last single player rpg that i've played. the story line was rich, they definitely did the star wars universe justice, though the game itself wasn't much of a challenge.  i've read a little about Bioware's newer game Mass Effect and might give that a whirl.

--------------------

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
    #8825112 - 08/25/08 01:58 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Mass Effect is quite cool although the story is a little cliche.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

Re: Warhammer Online [Re: Mr. Cordoza]
    #8825135 - 08/25/08 02:03 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i'll definitely have a witch elf side project to pwn  some face w/ eheh.

--------------------

Invisibletwo_rivers
mmm..
 User Gallery

Re: Warhammer Online [Re: g00ru]
    #8825643 - 08/25/08 03:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

guruu said:
Mass Effect is quite cool although the story is a little cliche.

yeah... it was also way too short!  i think i beat the game in 10 hours or so.

--------------------
:kodama:

Save Shroomerites Anonymous!

InvisibleFeeling_of_Sound
Psychedelic Theorist
Male

Loc: Infinite Possibilities
    #8826045 - 08/25/08 05:12 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

this looks fun. whens open beta start? do u have to have a pre-order to play it? i remember seeing previews of this game on MMORPG.com a long time ago and being interested.

--------------------
"Once expanded to the dimensions of a larger idea,
[the mind] never returns to its original size."

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

"Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

[quote] underfliptown said:
Adaptation to a sick society is no measure of mental health. [/quote]

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Warhammer Online [Re: Feeling_of_Sound]
    #8826051 - 08/25/08 05:13 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I think open beta is on the 7th. I am going to skip it though. I am going to play the head start which I think starts on the 15th. Yeah you have to  pre-order it to get the codes to get into open beta or headstart. I am still waiting for my code from best buy.

--------------------

OfflineLeanin
Student of theIron Game
 User Gallery

#8826088 - 08/25/08 05:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

this game looks sick

InvisibleCosmicJokeM
happy mutant
 User Gallery

#8826208 - 08/25/08 05:49 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

hmm, gamestop gave me a pre-order box w/ some shitty pack of trading cards and a sheet w/ open beta and heardstart codes. maybe if you call best buy they'll hook you up w/ a box, imagine they would if you brought in your receipt.

--------------------

OfflineJT
Male User Gallery

Loc: athens Flag
    #8826280 - 08/25/08 06:00 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

this is good advice. i preordered AoC from best buy online and they never sent me the codes for early access or the in-game promotions. when i contacted them about it i was basically told "tough luck." i made a thread about this on the game's official forums and found out that this happened to many people not just me.

contact best buy about getting the codes before the beta starts because they are really shitty about getting them out to online customers.

InvisibleaDoS
freedom lover
Male User Gallery

Re: Warhammer Online [Re: JT]
    #8826326 - 08/25/08 06:08 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

ah that sucks dude :frown:

I hope that doesn't happen to me

--------------------

Offlinesmokeybear
brown chicken brown cow
Male

Loc: The sticks
    #8826505 - 08/25/08 06:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i am def. going to play this.  it is supposed to be really pvp oriented and that is what im looking for in a game.  anyone play shadowbane??  heard they took a lot of the siege ideas from there.

Offlineamanitavirosa
absurdlyoptimistic
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cold places
    #8826929 - 08/25/08 07:37 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

I've been in the closed beta for a while now and I'm loving the game.

I came from a hard-core WoW raiding background and REALLY enjoy the RvR (PVP) aspect of WAR. I'll be interested to see the end-game play of WAR though - could be epic, could be ass.

--------------------
-AV-

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom