Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineanastasija
Stranger
buying
    #8812869 - 08/22/08 08:07 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hi all,

I know this is suspicious coming from a new member, but I am going to ask anyway.  I am a very seldom user of any substances, and therefor don't have any kind of source.  I went to hempfest to try to get some shrooms like I did last year, but had no luck.  I am just trying to get enough for two level 3-4 trips.  Any advice on how best to get this?  I have zero confidence in my growing ability.  Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDeity208
Male User Gallery

Loc: 1,762
Re: buying [Re: anastasija]
    #8812877 - 08/22/08 08:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

go out and meet people :shrug:

--------------------
It's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus.
All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the
octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV.
But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns.
Also he got a race car.
Is any of this getting through to you?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #8812879 - 08/22/08 08:10 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

mushroom hunting, pick up an identification guide to get an idea of what to look for in your area, you'll want further confirmation, our hunting forum can help, please read the rules there to get an accurate ID on the mushrooms, you certainly dont want to eat one that could kill you and you dont want to just post a bunch of pictures and annoy everyone

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2263556/an/0/page/0

InvisibleOneMoreRobot3021
Male

Loc: the sky
    #8812880 - 08/22/08 08:11 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

My best piece of advice for you would be to attend other events like Hempfest that attract crowds of people with similar interests as yourself that lean towards the psychedelic side of things. Or to get more confident in your growing ability.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

OfflineRebirtha
I really like bread
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: over there
    #8812912 - 08/22/08 08:20 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

You may not have confidence in your growing ability, but I'm quite certain you can do it, and you'll thank yourself in the long run. If you can follow instructions well you can probably grow mushrooms. Also as Pris said, hunting is an awesome activity and gives you a chance to explore nature.

Invisibleneverwhere
Fenway Faithful

Loc: Boston
Re: buying [Re: Rebirtha]
    #8813259 - 08/22/08 09:36 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

IF you never use, why do you want a level 4 trip?

DUDE ITS DEA, RUN. :omgawesome:

Seriously though, you need to meet people, I like the idea given of hanging out with people of the similar intrests. Hempfest is a good start...hey, its about that time again. Where are you from?

Just avoid the approaching random strangers and asking for drugs. That happened to me in the mall once. You wont get very far :wink:

--------------------
"The United States is nation of laws; badly written and randomly enforced." -Frank Zappa

"If the police ever come knocking, I'm hiding my lava lamp before I hide my piece"-elsd

Offlineanastasija
Stranger
Re: buying [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #8814973 - 08/23/08 09:57 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
My best piece of advice for you would be to attend other events like Hempfest that attract crowds of people with similar interests as yourself that lean towards the psychedelic side of things. Or to get more confident in your growing ability.

Thanks for the reply.  I thought that Hempfest would be a good place to try.  I guess there may be others too.  I just feel like an ass going up to people and asking about it randomly.

Male

#8814979 - 08/23/08 09:59 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Keep an ear tuned for people walking around saying "boomers" or "chocolates" as they're likely selling mushrooms. Talk to em, feel em out, don't let yourself get ripped off. If you're not comfortable with the seller, walk away.

--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Offlineanastasija
Stranger
Re: buying [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #8814983 - 08/23/08 10:00 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
mushroom hunting, pick up an identification guide to get an idea of what to look for in your area, you'll want further confirmation, our hunting forum can help, please read the rules there to get an accurate ID on the mushrooms, you certainly dont want to eat one that could kill you and you dont want to just post a bunch of pictures and annoy everyone

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/2263556/an/0/page/0

I may have to do that.  I live in the East of Seattle area, so I guess there are a lot just around.  I usually see just one or two alone in the grass, so it feels like it would take forever to find enough to use.  I guess I am just lazy and looking for the easy way since it's such a rare occurrence.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
    #8814987 - 08/23/08 10:02 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Hi.

Learn to grow. It's easy.

And it doesn't really require a good mentor like you should have if you're going to learn to hunt.

Offlineanastasija
Stranger
Re: buying [Re: Rebirtha]
    #8814988 - 08/23/08 10:02 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Evan said:
You may not have confidence in your growing ability, but I'm quite certain you can do it, and you'll thank yourself in the long run. If you can follow instructions well you can probably grow mushrooms. Also as Pris said, hunting is an awesome activity and gives you a chance to explore nature.

How long would it take for me to grow enough for what I said?  Maybe I should try this.  I've got two jobs, and a 6 year old, so time isn't really something I have a lot of.

Offlineanastasija
Stranger
Re: buying [Re: neverwhere]
    #8815002 - 08/23/08 10:07 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

neverwhere said:
IF you never use, why do you want a level 4 trip?

I didn't say I never use.  I have with mushrooms before twice, and other stuff sometimes, but it's very rare. 

Quote:

Seriously though, you need to meet people, I like the idea given of hanging out with people of the similar intrests. Hempfest is a good start...hey, its about that time again. Where are you from?

From the Seattle area.

Quote:

Just avoid the approaching random strangers and asking for drugs. That happened to me in the mall once. You wont get very far :wink:

That's true.  It worked at hempfest last year, but not this time.  Basically, I have no time and just want to do this once with a loved one, mostly for their benefit (first time).

Offlineanastasija
Stranger
    #8815009 - 08/23/08 10:08 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Keep an ear tuned for people walking around saying "boomers" or "chocolates" as they're likely selling mushrooms. Talk to em, feel em out, don't let yourself get ripped off. If you're not comfortable with the seller, walk away.

That is really good advice.  I never heard those terms before.  I'll keep my ear open for that.  Thanks!

Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
    #8815027 - 08/23/08 10:15 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:

at roth, i was erm, talking, with a friendly group and some girl walked up offering chocolates for $20 or $25 each (don't remember, had already been dosed a bit by multiple people while making my rounds). 

i asked her how much was in them.  she replied 3.5 grams

i asked her if she weighed them before adding them to the chocolate or after.  she faltered, then said after. 

the people i was talking with then laughed in her face and started talking with me again.  in a sad attempt to get some business, she then said she also had doses.  they asked her how much, and she said $10/hit.

i told her to get the fuck out of the campsite and go try to rip other people off

:rofl2:  i knoooooooow she hated me

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

Male

#8815047 - 08/23/08 10:20 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

anastasija said:
Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:

That is really good advice.  I never heard those terms before.  I'll keep my ear open for that.  Thanks!

No problem - sorry if you're getting some sort of snippy remarks here. The Shroomery is a cool place, but like most cool places, it sometimes suffers from a heavy dose of attitude and some people forget that once upon a time, before they were tripped out of their minds, they had no idea what they were doing/looking for! :smile: Good luck in your search. And now that I read you're in the Seattle area, I've always heard the hunting is great around those parts. Just BE CAREFUL, know what you're looking for, and don't eat ANYTHING before getting it properly ID'ed in the Mushroom Hunting forum here at the Shroomery, like Prisoner#1 suggested.

--------------------

-Erik Davis

Offlineanastasija
Stranger
    #8816030 - 08/23/08 02:38 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:
Quote:

anastasija said:
Quote:

OneMoreRobot3021 said:

No problem - sorry if you're getting some sort of snippy remarks here. The Shroomery is a cool place, but like most cool places, it sometimes suffers from a heavy dose of attitude and some people forget that once upon a time, before they were tripped out of their minds, they had no idea what they were doing/looking for! :smile: Good luck in your search. And now that I read you're in the Seattle area, I've always heard the hunting is great around those parts. Just BE CAREFUL, know what you're looking for, and don't eat ANYTHING before getting it properly ID'ed in the Mushroom Hunting forum here at the Shroomery, like Prisoner#1 suggested.

Thanks again.  Where in the area would be a good place to hunt, and approximately what am I looking for?  Also, do they grow in groups?  I mean, could I find enough in one bunch for a whole dose?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies