Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblespacel0rd
anarchohippienerd

print -> LC w/o glove box. directly or agar first?
    #8671969 - 07/23/08 01:51 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

hey guys, the subject line pretty much sums it up :wink:

going to get a free print. so it will not necessarily be sterile.
i have no glovebox at hand. how are chances to stay contam free when dropping the spores right into the sterile liquid medium?

rather use agar first to get some mycelium? of course it might still contaminate during transfer. i guess it will be safer, but to what extent.

gee, probably i should build a glovebox an buy a spore syringe. but the friggin PC was expensive enough. please tell me i can do without until i can save some money :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMYSTIQUE
Say Hi to the elves for me.
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: print -> LC w/o glove box. directly or agar first? [Re: spacel0rd]
    #8672932 - 07/23/08 05:53 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Agar work without a glove box will be just as hard if not harder then lc without one.

You just need a still air box.

Take a cardboard box cut two arm holes in the side and put some clear plastic wrap over the top of the box and you have a still air box.

Who are you getting the print from someone here? Free print don't mean dirty print. Most if not all of the people try their hardest to send out sterile prints unless wild and then it cant be helped.

--------------------
Dont know what the fuck I just said? READ THIS
http://www.shroomery.org/5122/The-Shroomery-Mushroom-Glossary
I ain't a hippy but I'm covered in dirt                         
Sippin lots of mushroom tea in a tye-dye shirt
Chasin' the Grateful Dead, no shoes on my feet
Beggin' in the parking lot for something to eat,

:onfire:DO NOT USE FIRE IN YOUR GLOVE BOX!!!!!!!:onfire:

Invisiblespacel0rd
anarchohippienerd

Re: print -> LC w/o glove box. directly or agar first? [Re: MYSTIQUE]
    #8675196 - 07/24/08 05:07 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MYSTIQUE said:
Agar work without a glove box will be just as hard if not harder then lc without one.

You just need a still air box.

Take a cardboard box cut two arm holes in the side and put some clear plastic wrap over the top of the box and you have a still air box.

Who are you getting the print from someone here? Free print don't mean dirty print. Most if not all of the people try their hardest to send out sterile prints unless wild and then it cant be helped.

First of all, thanks for the reply and being patient with the newbs. :laugh:

I've spending really a lot of time here reading before even considering posting but still missed out on the fact, that still air is enough. So I don't even need gloves on that cardboard box?

I didn't mean to say the print is going to be dirty/contaminated. It's form the FSRE. I am really grateful for their job! :smile: It's just that I cannot be SURE that it's clean. I just thought what could happen if I or a another noob like me would make a print. :wink:
If I start everything is fine. But as long as I don't have all the necessary stuff to get it going I spend my time being obsessed about all possibilities. ^^

So I guess I'll go LC.

Invisibleseven
Male

Loc: north carolina
    #8675305 - 07/24/08 06:40 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

useing lc it is much more hard to even tell if it is contaminated. with agar work you can transfer to a new plate leaveing any contams behind. just cut a section of healthy myc and transfer to new agar. once you have a contam free plate you can also transfer a piece to a LC USEING A GLOVE BOX. damn if you get that far with agar work you should research isolating strains on agar! THAt is my goal after my first grow. also i want to clone my best fruits. just to experience the process. you sound alot like me in the sence that you are doing the needed research. the most safe way to start out is order a steril spore syrenge.  but if on your first grow you are sucessfull at agar work, you get respect from many members im sure! i respect you for doing research alone!

--------------------
grind

Invisiblespacel0rd
anarchohippienerd

Re: print -> LC w/o glove box. directly or agar first? [Re: seven]
    #8675339 - 07/24/08 06:55 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

hey seven, your affirmation and support is too very much appreciated :laugh:

i guess i'm going to try both agar and LC with the print. if it doens't work for the cubes the i'll buy a syringe. if it does work i might buy a tampanensis or mexicana syringe.

well also depends: i need to be a bit more disciplined with my money :rolleyes:

Offlinerobanero
β Lib
Male User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in Tx
    #8675580 - 07/24/08 08:57 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

spacel0rd said:
well also depends: i need to be a bit more disciplined with my money :rolleyes:

You can spend a lot of money on this hobby if you're not.

Sounds like you are wise enough to do research first, so you'll be alright.

Happy growing

--------------------

310 open cap Hawaiians grown a 1 pint WBSF cake.

SPAWN RATIO CALCULATOR

My Little Hawaiians

Spawn Bag Tek

Invisibleseven
Male

Re: print -> LC w/o glove box. directly or agar first? [Re: robanero]
    #8675594 - 07/24/08 09:04 AM (15 years, 8 months ago)

oh no problem.  i have a slight correction for my above post. when you get growth on the agar ... the first myc you see transfer that to a new dish. let it grow about two thirds out. contams are usually around the edges so dont let it reach the edge. anyway you odnt have to wait until you get a contam free dish. just transfer your healthy myc to the LC. ITS AWSOME that you can transfer away from contams, LEAVEING THEM BEHIND. . . ALSo: learn what fast colonizing rhizomorphic myc looks like.  and transfer that. not cotteny tomintose myc.  anyone feel free to correct me on any of this but i think its correct. i almost cant beleive i can give advise on agar work , i havent  even started a Ms grow. :smile:

--------------------
grind

Invisibleseven
Male

#8676136 - 07/24/08 12:07 PM (15 years, 8 months ago)

i just read an awsome tek written by  the member agar. its a way to get a steril LC using colonized grain. It is badass ! do a search for "GRAIN LC"  it has nifty pictures too! all you need is a jar of sterilized water a syrenge and a jar of colonized grain.  because you know the grain isnt contamed , you know your LC will not be!  i would link you to it but im on a cellphone.

--------------------
grind

Invisiblespacel0rd
anarchohippienerd

#8719197 - 08/03/08 10:33 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

project has been delayed. the print from FSRE has not arrived yet, which i can understand. i guess it won't arrive before summer break.

atm i can't buy jack shit cuz my bank has not yet reissued a lot of money that was drawn from my account due to cc phishing. how can that take weeks? however, if i get the money back soon i'll get myself the spores and a pc. otherwise i might get dried shrooms and get involved in the science of "ghetto cultivation". not a bad thing to do to see how far you can get with as little stuff as possible. :wink:

Invisiblespacel0rd
anarchohippienerd

#8728039 - 08/05/08 09:00 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

i guess i'll be going with a b+ syringe and pan cyan print if the responsible person at my bank will be there tommorow. man, not being able to get the supplies for growing pisses me off a lot more than bills i cannot pay :wink:

Offlineinstantdeath
Stranger
    #8728110 - 08/05/08 09:31 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

keep us updated!!! :smile: :thumbup:

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: print -> LC w/o glove box. directly or agar first? [Re: instantdeath]
    #8728150 - 08/05/08 09:47 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Here is the simplest glove box to build.

No drilling, taping, or anythinging. :thumbup:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Invisiblespacel0rd
anarchohippienerd

Re: print -> LC w/o glove box. directly or agar first? [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #8734355 - 08/06/08 03:09 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

update: The money issue will hopefully be fixed in a few days.

So it will still take at least a week until I get a PC.

But I am happy to announce I got mail from an FSRE. Not one but two prints. One B+ and a very big EQ :laugh:

So I'm very excited right now. Will try to get some polyfill tomorrow. Maybe some syringes, but I can also get free ones next week. Hm, patience is considered a virtue, isn't it?^^
For substrate I might take something I have at home or get some horse manure and straw. I guess I can take some from a small farm nearby if I ask.

So I guess I'll already go for a LC and some cardboard spawn tomorrow.

And get some grain to let it ferment and inoculate it with some myc as soon as I have some. Look at that TEK: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/8729280#Post8729280

Invisiblespacel0rd
anarchohippienerd

#8777583 - 08/15/08 12:57 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

Update:
- I didn't prepare a LC yet.
- Tried to germinate spores on cardboard, but after 5 days nothing 
  happened.
- My white rice is fermenting.

Now I'm sure I will prepare a liquid culture. There's a lot more info around than on cardboard spawn. Which I might try again as well.
So one question: Should I wipe the inside of the still air box with IPA? Or is that unnecessary?

Invisibleseven
Male

#8778283 - 08/15/08 03:59 PM (15 years, 7 months ago)

yeah you wanna clean the inside of the box .if you use any flamable cleaner, flame needles outside the box. there needs to be an exploding glove box smiley .

--------------------
grind

Invisiblespacel0rd
anarchohippienerd

#8814707 - 08/23/08 08:30 AM (15 years, 7 months ago)

so a spore syringe has been made. actually it's quite easy. thinking about it all the time is unnecessary. just do it. next step will be LC then. or maybe right noc jars. if i can find verm. it's difficult here.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds